Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR with CORKY LAING'S All-Stars - The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 07: 08 September 1988 NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd set
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 17, 2023 10:08

The Maidenlane TAPES:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians. Most if not all of Maidenlane’s recordings were never previously circulated among collectors, including a significant number of shows that have never circulated from any source. This will fortunately change now.
Maidenlane said he chose specifically to send these recordings to us to present these gems in the best possible way. Maidenlane will also provide some on-the-scene information and anecdotes from the shows that we will add to these publications. He asked only that we request music lovers to check their closets for recordings, so they can be preserved for study and enjoyment by future generations.

With Maidenlane and nzb we decided to form a team to present these nuggets. At first we propose to publish the shows that had never circulated (later we will study the other recordings).

Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The UNCIRCULATING Maidenlane Tapes
Volume 07

Mick Taylor with Corky Laing’s All-Stars
8th September 1988
(2nd set)
NEW YORK CITY
Lone Star Roadhouse

8th September 1988: CORKY LAING’S ALL-STARS. New York City, Lone Star Roadhouse (2nd set)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Corky Laing (dr, voc)/Mark Clarke (bass, voc)/Lester Chambers (voc, perc, keyb)/Roger Ball (sax)/Jerry Mall (congas)/Stu Keller? (gtr, piano)/Harvey Brooks (bass on You Really Got A Hold On Me).
Plus an unidentified female vocalist on You Really Got A Hold On Me and a female background vocalist on People Get Ready.

Recording information: from taper’s master coming from a Sony WMD-3 recorder (using SONY PC-62 mic).

01 - Mustang Sally (Chambers voc.)
02 - Lucille (Chambers voc.)
03 - Knock On Wood (Chambers voc.)
04 - Red House (Taylor voc.)
05 - In The Midnight Hour (Chambers voc.)
06 - People Get Ready (Chambers voc.; unidentified female backing voc.)
07 - I Can't Turn You Loose (Chambers voc.)
08 - Mississippi Queen (Laing voc.)
09 - Rocky Mountain Way (Clarke voc.)
10 - Band introduction
11 - Theme For An Imaginary Western (Clarke voc.)
12 - You Really Got A Hold On Me (unidentified female lead voc.)

The recording has been declicked and the channels were equilibrated (+20 to +40 to the left channel).
Using the officially released show from 4. June 1988 as reference I decelerated this recording by -3,6%.
I upgraded some sound variations and gaps, but one remains audible in ‘Rocky Mountain Way’ at 4’58.

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

Link valid until 24/05/23
[we.tl]

link for corrected covers (without the typo on 'Imaginary')
[we.tl]

Vol 08 on Friday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-18 10:59 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with CORKY LAING'S All-Stars - The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 07: 08 September 1988 NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd set
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: May 17, 2023 10:32

Thank You

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR with CORKY LAING'S All-Stars - The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 07: 08 September 1988 NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd set
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: May 17, 2023 11:57

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 17, 2023 12:56

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 17, 2023 15:34

Excellent (but shouldn't it be Imaginary)?

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 17, 2023 16:59

THX

Date: May 17, 2023 17:23

riccardo99
You're right Riccardo, we missed that typo error! I will fix it ASAP!

Date: May 17, 2023 17:32

StonyRoad
riccardo99
You're right Riccardo, we missed that typo error! I will fix it ASAP!
Here they're (also in the original post)
[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-18 10:55 by StonyRoad.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: May 17, 2023 21:38

7hanks SR!
thumbs up

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 17, 2023 21:45

Thank you!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 17, 2023 22:53

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: May 18, 2023 04:54

Thank you.

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: May 18, 2023 11:45

Thank You Norbert!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 18, 2023 22:20

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: May 20, 2023 22:18

Thanks very much!

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: May 28, 2023 22:49

Re-up link with corrected covers (we.tl)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home