Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 01: 30 November 1986 (Bottom Line 1st show)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 5, 2023 09:23

The Maidenlane tapes:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians. Most if not all of Maidenlane’s recordings were never previously circulated among collectors, including a significant number of shows that have never circulated from any source. This will fortunately change now.
Maidenlane said he chose specifically to send these recordings to us to present these gems in the best possible way. Maidenlane will also provide some on-the-scene information and anecdotes from the shows that we will add to these publications. He asked only that we request music lovers to check their closets for recordings, so they can be preserved for study and enjoyment by future generations.

With Maidenlane and nzb we decided to form a team to present these nuggets. At first we propose to publish the shows that had never circulated (later we will study the other recordings).

Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….

The UNCIRCULATING Maidenlane Tapes
Volume 01

Mick Taylor and the Hot Water Band
30. November 1986
NEW YORK CITY
Bottom Line (1st show)

For this series I wanted to respect the chronology of the recordings, but for the 1st show only the last 2 titles were found on one of his cassettes, so we start with a short recording. Maidenlane was able to confirm that the introduction and the beginning of 'Tusks' on volume 043 of Frankenstein Production also come from this 1st show - you will therefore find them in this volume too. Why have only 2 titles been recorded? Let Maidenlane explain:

“I found 2 songs from the 1986-11-30 1st show tacked on at the end of my tape for the 2nd show. It was a Sunday night at the end of the Thanksgiving weekend and I would have returned to NYC at some point. The Bottom Line had ticketed shows, where they threw you out after the first show and you needed a separate ticket for the late show. I have torn ticket stubs for both. Two nights earlier, I had seen this New Electric/Hot Water Band configuration for the first time in Pennsauken, NJ. I cannot imagine arriving late for the 1st show. I had either dubbed these 2 songs onto the 2nd show tape then later accidentally recorded over the entire 1st show master, or somehow taped the 2nd show that night right over the just-recorded 1st show, which might have run longer, leaving the last songs on the tape.

Mick did not headline at the Bottom Line again for many years. He used both Lone Stars (Cafe and Roadhouse) as his primary NYC venues thereafter.”

30th November 1986: New York City, The Bottom Line (1st show)
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Jon Young (voc, keyb, congas)/Wayne Hammond (bass)/Mike Cullen (dr)
Recording information for tracks 03 & 04: from taper’s master coming from a Sony WMD-3 recorder (using included clip-on stereo mic).
Final two songs from the 1st show are all Maidenlane has found to date.

01 - Intro and tuning (from FP 043)
02 - Tusks (faded out) (from FP 043)
03 - Going Down
04 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Here my reworking consisted of editing the songs and declicking the recording. I did also a channels equilibration (+5% to the left channel), I slightly amplified the sound and did a pitch adjustment. I used a slight noise reduction in the first 4 seconds of ‘Going Down’ (because of an annoying hiss) … and as always created covers.
Note a break after ‘Going Down’ (encore break).

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]
[we.tl]
Next volume on Sunday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 01: 30 November 1986 (Bottom Line 1st show)
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: May 5, 2023 10:11

Thanks StonyRoad for starting another of your great series. Sounds like this one is going to be something special! :-)

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 11:10 by NeddieFlanders.

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 01: 30 November 1986 (Bottom Line 1st show)
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 5, 2023 10:21

A great project, thanks to all involved ! smileys with beer

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: May 5, 2023 10:33

Thank you for the inspired and fastidious presentation of some "new" MT.

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: May 5, 2023 10:49

Thank You to you all

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 5, 2023 10:50

THX

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 5, 2023 11:15

Thank you so much for these uncirculating shows!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: May 5, 2023 11:37

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 5, 2023 13:21

Thanks so much StonyRoad, NZB & Maiden Lane!

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: May 5, 2023 16:13

Thank you very much!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 5, 2023 17:07

Thanks a lot to this wonderful team: StonyRoad, nzb and maidenlane!
Your generosity, works and efforts are highly appreciated!
Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 5, 2023 17:24

It's so cool to have these shows stories from first hand!
Thanks maidenlane for sharing your recordings and words!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: May 5, 2023 20:04

smokeydusky
Thanks so much StonyRoad, NZB & Maidenlane!

X2

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: May 6, 2023 02:23

Thank You Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: May 6, 2023 02:44

Thank you.

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 6, 2023 08:48

Thanks very much!!!

Date: May 12, 2023 04:04

Just a few hours left on this download.

Date: May 28, 2023 08:58

Refreshed link we.tl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-28 09:03 by maidenlane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home