Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 3, 2023 10:52

To make you wait until Friday, I share with you one of my last silvers. There may be nothing new but maybe others than me will find it of interest?

I did nothing here except: silver>EAC>WinRar>WT>IORR + a little scan work
StonyRoad May 23

link valid until 10/05/23
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones On Tour '66 (RandB 085)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 3, 2023 10:57

THX

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: May 3, 2023 11:43

Many thanks Norbert!

I'm still hoping that some day a recording of my first Stones concert in Bremen on March 29, 1967, appears.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: May 3, 2023 12:01

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: May 3, 2023 12:57

Thank You

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 3, 2023 18:08

Thank you very much!

Posted by: legin ()
Date: May 3, 2023 19:38

Thanks for sharing SR.thumbs up

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 3, 2023 19:45

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: May 3, 2023 21:33

legin
Thanks for sharing SR.thumbs up

X2

Posted by: RStones2550 ()
Date: May 3, 2023 21:35

Thanks very much!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 3, 2023 23:03

Thank you very much for sharing your silver here Norbert!

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: May 4, 2023 15:51

Thanks

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: May 4, 2023 20:56

Full sleevenotes and track details here (you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the post)

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: May 4, 2023 22:04

Thank you

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: May 4, 2023 23:42

Much appreciated Norbert

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: May 4, 2023 23:56

grazie mille

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 5, 2023 16:59

johnnythunders
Full sleevenotes and track details here (you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the post)

[onlyrockandroll.london]

The Rolling Stones On Tour ’66 2CD set

CD One

01. The Last Time (Jagger, Richard)
02. Mercy, Mercy (Covay, Miller)
03. She Said Yeah (Jackson, Christy)
04. Play With Fire (Jagger, Richard)
05. Not Fade Away (Hardin, Petty)
06. That’s How Strong My Love Is (Jamison)
07. Get Off Of My Cloud (Jagger, Richard)
08. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger, Richard)
09. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger, Richard)
10. As Tears Go By (Jagger, Richard)
11. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger, Richard)
12. Not Fade Away (Hardin, Petty)
13. The Last Time (Jagger, Richard)
14. Paint It, Black (Jagger, Richard)
15. Lady Jane (Jagger, Richard)
16. Mothers Little Helper (Jagger, Richard)
17. Get Off Of My Cloud (Jagger, Richard)
18. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger, Richard)
19. (I Can’t Get No) (Satisfaction (Jagger, Richard)
20. Paint It Black (Jagger, Richard)
21. Lady Jane (Jagger, Richard)
22. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow? (Jagger, Richard)
23. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger, Richard)
24. Interview with Eamonn Andrews

CD Two

01. I Am Waiting (Jagger, Richard)
02. Under My Thumb (Jagger, Richard)
03. Paint It, Black (Jagger, Richard)
04. The Last Time (Jagger, Richard)
05. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger, Richard)
06. Get Off Of My Cloud (Jagger, Richard)
07. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger, Richard)
08. Mercy, Mercy (Covay, Miller)
09. She Said Yeah (Jackson, Christy)
10. Play With Fire (Jagger, Richard)
11. The Spider And The Fly (Jagger, Richard)
12. Time Is On My Side (Meade)
13. I’m Alright (McDaniel)
14. Around And Around (Berry)
15. I’m Movin’ On (Snow)
16. Mercy, Mercy (Covay, Miller)
17. She Said Yeah (Jackson, Christy)
18. Play With Fire (Jagger, Richard)
19. Not Fade Away (Hardin, Petty)
20. The Spider And The Fly (Jagger, Richard)
21. That’s How Strong My Love Is (Jamison)
22. Get Off Of My Cloud (Jagger, Richard)
23. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger, Richard)
24. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger, Richard)
25. The Stones in Australia – Feature / Interview
26. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow? (Jagger, Richard)

Recording Details

CD One

Tracks 1–8 recorded live at the Palais Theatre, Melbourne for Radio 3 UZ on February 24th
Tracks 9-11 recorded for The Ed Sullivan Show, New York City, February 13th
Tracks 12-19 live at the Honolulu International Centre, Hawaii on July 28th and broadcast on Radio K-POI
Tracks 20-22 recorded for The Ed Sullivan Show, New York City, September 11th
Tracks 23 & 24 recorded for the UK TV ABC The Eamonn Andrews Show, February 6th

CD Two

Tracks 1-3 recorded for UK TV Ready Steady Go, Studio One, Wembley, May 27th
Tracks 4–13 recorded live at the Olympia, Paris for RTL Radio
March 29th (Second Show)
Tracks 14 & 15 recorded live at the Olympia, Paris for RTL Radio March 29th (First Show)
Tracks 16-24 recorded live at the Commemorative Auditorium Showgrounds, Sydney, Australia (first show) on February 18th and broadcast by Australian 2UW FM Radio
Track 25 recorded for UK TV at Sydney Airport on February 16th plus an interview with Austin Ward for 2UW FM radio, also February 16th
Track 26 recorded for BBC TV Top Of The Pops on December 17th and transmitted on December 22nd

Personnel

Mick Jagger – lead vocals, harmonica
Brian Jones – guitar, sitar, dulcimer, marimba
Keith Richard – guitar, piano, vocals
Bill Wyman – bass
Charlie Watts – drums, percussion

Sleevenotes

Strap yourselves in, it’s going to be quite a ride…

We start our review of the Stones busiest-ever year with a live vocal performance of 19th Nervous Breakdown, recorded in February for Eamonn Andrews’ mainstream TV programme. The preceding interview with Jagger inconclusively discusses the meaning of the song and the issue of social responsibility. Next stop New York, for The Ed Sullivan Show later the same month. Ed Sullivan introduces the opening performance of (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction as for “all the youngsters in the country and Canada” and certainly the youngsters in the audience are entranced, even if Charlie Watts is not. Just Mick and Keith appear for a rare acoustic version of As Tears Go By which can just about be heard over the screams. The full band are back in imperious form for 19th Nervous Breakdown,Bill Wyman’s dive-bombing bass runs to the fore.

The February Australian tour is represented by concerts from Sydney and Melbourne. The Sydney show was performed on a rotating stage that was handcranked by stage hands – at one point an exasperated Jagger says “Will you stop this thing going round?”. Mercy Mercy and a brief She Said Yeah get the set off to a scream-drenched start before Play With Fire provides a rare moment of calm. Not Fade Away restores the pace with Jagger’s vocal a call-and-response to Jones’ harmonica. The Spider And The Fly is the second brilliant B-side to be played before Jagger totally convinces on That’s How Strong My Love Is. Despite starting well Get Off Of My Cloud falls to bits towards the end. A strong version of 19th Nervous Breakdownwith some potent dual vocalsrestores the set’s momentum before set-closer Satisfactionincreases the scream-level still further. Jagger gets lost in the song early on (“Where are we?”) but recovers well. Eye-witness accounts suggest that The Last Time was played as the opening song that night, but this is unconfirmed. The song was certainly played in Melbourne six days later as you can hear. Also included here is a report on then Stones arrival at Sydney Airport and a radio interview from the same day.

Paris was always a stronghold for the Stones as can be heard from the crowd reaction on the two radio broadcasts from L’Olympia in March. Covers of Around And Around and I’m Moving On are taken from the first show, the other eleven tracks are from the second show. The latter features some classy slide from Brian Jones and fine harmonica from Jagger. A brief snatch of Hang On Sloopy acts as the introduction to Get Off Of My Cloud. It’s followed by I’m Alright, a rare return to the Crawdaddy and a chance for Jagger to really work the crowd and generate some screams.

By July the Stones were in Hawaii, the last gig on their fifth North American tour. Also on the bill were Herman’s Hermits and Johnny Green and the Greenmen. Ticket prices ranged between $2.50 and $6.50. It would prove to be Brian Jones’ final appearance in the USA. A flavour of the gig is given by a florid live review from the Toronto Star earlier in the tour. “The young nubiles surged forward, arms undulating like tentacles of sea anemones writhing in warm fluid. Mick is a phenomenon of utter sexuality, beyond simple distinctions of maleness or femaleness”.

Not Fade Away makes for a great, up-tempo set opener. By now original songs such as The Last Time are greeted with screams of recognition from the audience. An uptempo Paint It, Black trades subtlety for intensity. Charlie Watts then makes a rare song introduction. Unfortunately he introduces The Last Time, which they had already played, instead of Lady Jane. Lady Jane is the only non-raver in the set and the crowd are noisy throughout, but the intricate acoustic arrangement shines through. Mother’s Little Helper was released as a single in the US and makes for a great live song, with both guitars playing the riff in unison and more effective Jagger/Richard joint singing. Get Off Of My Cloud features powerful shouted backing vocals, 19th Nervous Breakdown is taken at breakneck speed and Satisfaction sounds like the soundtrack to a riot, from Richard’s heavily fuzzed intro to the relentless Charlie-driven outro.

Back to London in May for a live performance on legendary TV programme Ready Steady Go! I Am Waiting receives a sensitive interpretation with Keith on acoustic guitar and Brian on dulcimer, and even a brief glimpse of Sixth Stone Ian Stewart. Under My Thumb returns us to more familiar up-tempo territory with Brian emphasising his versatility by playing the marimba, moving to sitar for Paint It, Black. Talking to Andy Neill, director Michael Lindsay-Hogg cites the latter as his favourite Stones RSG appearance. “I’d had this idea that after every verse we’d take out a bank of lights in the studio and by the end, it would just be a light on Mick alone and the rest of the place in darkness. What also makes it great is that you can’t hear Mick singing at the fade, his mike lead had gotten kicked out, but you can hear the music going on and this kind of raga beat. The whole thing is really mysterious…”.

The Stones second appearance with Ed Sullivan followed recording sessions at RCA Studios in Los Angeles. Paint It, Black features Brian Jones playing a sitar cross-legged, and despite a truly appalling haircut Jagger is in fine form vocally. Lady Jane provides an acoustic interlude, Brian on dulcimer and chalk-stripe suit. Charlie stands up to play vibes, or possibly hide an ill-advised moustache. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Hiding In The Shadow? restores the Stones raunch. Keith pretends to play piano and provides his characteristic backup vocals. We finish back where we started, in London where the band record a live vocal version of Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow? for the BBC TV programme Top Of The Pops.

Fifty tracks, five countries, one year. They also released 4 singles and two LP’s (and recorded a third). The Stones would never again do so much, so quickly and in so many places. Listen and be amazed.

Sleevenotes: Nat & Faye d’Away

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: May 5, 2023 22:56

Wow. Thank you very much. Always was looking for a live performance of She Said Yeah. Never heard the Melbourne and the Sydney show before. And the Paris show on Disc 02 is new for me, too - just knew the '65 and '67 shows at L'Olympia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 23:01 by 3ddie.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: May 6, 2023 08:04

Thank you very much !!!

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: May 7, 2023 07:10

Thanks Norbert

Date: May 8, 2023 01:25

Thanks for the vintage post - it was a great era for the stones

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 11, 2023 18:42

Note the RSG appearances and the September Sullivan show feature the band miming to the studio recordings with live vocals by Mick and some backing from Keith.

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: May 12, 2023 18:24

Please repost...thank you

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 18, 2023 07:42

hajduk
Please repost...thank you

Sorry. I don't have it.

Date: May 18, 2023 12:10

I can and will help
[we.tl]

Posted by: Fletchesus ()
Date: May 28, 2023 18:47

Am sorry to be late to this - if a repost is possible it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 3, 2023 17:10

Broesel2404
I can and will help
[we.tl]
i am late...but, thanks...

Posted by: joemusic1958 ()
Date: December 31, 2023 06:54

Could I please get a repost ?

Date: December 31, 2023 12:53

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 31, 2023 18:58

>grinning smiley<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home