Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: POST: Two Blues
Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: April 20, 2023 09:27

much appriciated :-)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 20, 2023 14:08

The Rolling Stones as we love to hear them. Thank you Glimmerman

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 20, 2023 16:18

Munichhilton
ProfessorWolf
dirty work blues sounds like it's from the same sessions as looking for trouble

and looking at nico's entries for the dec 82 sessions in paris there's this listed

12 Bar Bill (MJ/KR) -unverified blues instrumental

although this says instrumental and there's some vocals from mick on the shared track it is mostly instrumental

thoughts?

The harmonica sounds a helluva lot like "Feel On Baby" harmonica...perhaps Undercover sessions?

It sounds very 1989 to me...

Mathijs

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: April 20, 2023 17:51

Thank You...

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: April 20, 2023 23:29

Thanks!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 21, 2023 00:25

Our generous benefactor is back, thank you very kindly ! With the recent "bad news", there was a definite need for some cheering up ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 21, 2023 00:46

Mathijs
Munichhilton
ProfessorWolf

and looking at nico's entries for the dec 82 sessions in paris there's this listed

although this says instrumental and there's some vocals from mick on the shared track it is mostly instrumental

thoughts?

The harmonica sounds a helluva lot like "Feel On Baby" harmonica...perhaps Undercover sessions?

Mathijs

those jagger vocals at the end don't sound very 89 to me but seem to fit with coming from 82 like the other track

besides that yeah it does sound like it could be from 89 or 82

it's somewhat vague sounding to me age wise difficult to place

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 21, 2023 01:03

Pretty hard to place indeed, could well be 1985 as written on the tin...Sounds like Keith in the left and the in the right overdubbed ? Can't say I hear Ronnie, maybe he's on bass and that was recorded in 1989 when Bill was sent away to take care of the Mandie "business" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: April 21, 2023 01:52

Thank you! Thank you!

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: April 21, 2023 10:36

Thanks again Glimmerman!

Date: April 21, 2023 11:34

ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
Munichhilton
ProfessorWolf

thoughts?

Mathijs

those jagger vocals at the end don't sound very 89 to me but seem to fit with coming from 82 like the other track

It's the same as the Fully Finished outtakes set, where this is part from. They did some remixing, and the low quality mp3 sound makes it hard to distinguish the era. Normally Charlie's drums sound is a clear give away, but not on this set of outtakes.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-21 16:30 by Mathijs.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 21, 2023 16:16

Mathijs
ProfessorWolf
Mathijs
Munichhilton
ProfessorWolf

thoughts?

Mathijs

It's the same as the Fully Finished outtakes set, where this is part from. They did some remixing, and the low quality mp3 sound makes it had to distinguish. Normally Charlie's drums are a clear give away for the era, but not on this set of outtakes.

Mathijs

ok now that gives me something to think about

thanks

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: April 21, 2023 18:41

well, someone has named the first song DIRTY WORK BLUES before it was uploaded here (may be glimmerman ?) so there must be a reason for that name. so why should this one not come from the DW sessions ?

Date: April 21, 2023 19:23

Dorn
well, someone has named the first song DIRTY WORK BLUES before it was uploaded here (may be glimmerman ?) so there must be a reason for that name. so why should this one not come from the DW sessions ?

just listened to DONT YOU LIE TO ME from the Fully Finished Outtakes, sound of drums is very similar to this new blues. than again i am no musician ......

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 21, 2023 22:00

Dorn

just listened to DONT YOU LIE TO ME from the Fully Finished Outtakes, sound of drums is very similar to this new blues.

Me I wanted DWBlues to be from 77/78 then I noticed the track is rather close to the 1989 outtake Fancy Man Blues.

Date: April 22, 2023 13:04

Dorn
Dorn

just listened to DONT YOU LIE TO ME from the Fully Finished Outtakes, sound of drums is very similar to this new blues. than again i am no musician ......

I always considered DYLTM from 1989, but not everybody agrees.

Mathijs

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 22, 2023 14:40

Both Looking For Trouble versions come from the same take. The new version uploaded by Glimmerman has not just new vocals but also been edited. But has about the same length as the earlier version, as this ones always comes truncated (without the songs' beginning).

N

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 22, 2023 18:19

thumbs up

Date: April 23, 2023 15:00

Nico tentatively dates DWB as coming from 85...

Logically you might wonder why in 1989 Mick and Keef would revive the hard times of WWIII by calling a song idea Dirty Work as they had just signed a truce.

Date: April 23, 2023 18:10

NeddieFlanders
Both Looking For Trouble versions come from the same take. The new version uploaded by Glimmerman has not just new vocals but also been edited. But has about the same length as the earlier version, as this ones always comes truncated (without the songs' beginning).

N

both might come from the same basic recording but are different takes.
the so far known version of LOOKING FOR TROUBLE (VGP-240), faded in and starting with MJ vocals right away, is about 3:10 long. the "new" version here is only about 3:00 long but MJ starts singing only after about 55 seconds.

Date: April 24, 2023 13:05

compared again a) DIRTY WORK BLUES with b) DONT YOU LIE TO ME , for me both definitely coming from same session ( 1985 ?!)
Jaggers singing/voice in a) at 2:45 and b) at 1:38 is identical , same goes for the guitars both channels right afterwards.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 24, 2023 14:37

Dorn
NeddieFlanders

N

both might come from the same basic recording but are different takes.
the so far known version of LOOKING FOR TROUBLE (VGP-240), faded in and starting with MJ vocals right away, is about 3:10 long. the "new" version here is only about 3:00 long but MJ starts singing only after about 55 seconds.

Same basic take, then edited and then overdubbed with new vocals. Drums, bass, piano and guitar work is the same.

N

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 24, 2023 18:19

For those who have a problem with the original post.
mp3
[wetransfer.com]

Date: April 25, 2023 16:17

Dorn
compared again a) DIRTY WORK BLUES with b) DONT YOU LIE TO ME , for me both definitely coming from same session ( 1985 ?!)
Jaggers singing/voice in a) at 2:45 and b) at 1:38 is identical , same goes for the guitars both channels right afterwards.

They could be from 1985, but then remixed as they completely removed the (horrible) Steve Lillywhite production. And that's an issue as both recordings sound fairly generic to me -they could be from any date.

And -this is my main gripe with the Fully Finished Outtakes -many tracks have a very generic sound to them. We know when they were recorded because we have the 'original' version, but several tracks have no clear indication of the era when they were recorded.

All Stones recordes sound very much like the era they were recorded it. Steel Wheels can only be from the 1980's judging on the production style, Undercover could have been recorded only in the early 1980's.

But a track like Don't Lie to Me misses all these sonic marks -it could be from 1982, 1985, 1989, or even from the Voodoo Lounge period.

Mathijs

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 27, 2023 12:50

There's indeed the mood of Fancyman Blues on both tracks.
And you know what, for now, I don't really give a s#@] of the year of recording.
I just enjoy these two gems and play them loud ad lib.

Huge thanks to Glimmerman smileys with beerthumbs up

HMN

Date: April 27, 2023 16:52

Honestman

I just enjoy these two gems and play them loud

well, i am doing that as well.....

Date: May 1, 2023 14:37

I won’t try to date this one from the drum sound but from the drumming style : it’s very basic and generic so yes it could come from 85.

If it were from 82 or 89 the drumming would be much better as Charlie’s health was much better.

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: May 12, 2023 15:49

Hi just missed the last download !!!! can somebody pls upload again !!
Thanks in advance

Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: May 13, 2023 00:39

yeah, please another dl-link

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 13, 2023 11:13

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home