Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Outtakes Collection - Best Source
Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: February 16, 2023 15:28

Hello everyone. I've been frequenting the forum for a long time and over the years I've seen really prepared users and there have been collections of outtakes that are always very complete and well done. After so many years I asked the most experienced of all those releases (always made by users) which are the most complete and with the best audio quality. No fake or computer recreated songs. Also for comparison. Thank you all.smileys with beer

Re: Outtakes Collection - Best Source
Posted by: godzi68 ()
Date: February 23, 2023 16:32

I am far from the expert here, but I would definitely do a search for Captain Acid Projects. From there, you can choose your favorite albums of outtakes. And if you have not already downloaded the Fully Finished Studio Outtakes, you should start from there! Hope that helps!

godzi68

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: February 23, 2023 16:49

agree

Date: February 24, 2023 08:52

godzi68
I am far from the expert here, but I would definitely do a search for Captain Acid Projects. From there, you can choose your favorite albums of outtakes. And if you have not already downloaded the Fully Finished Studio Outtakes, you should start from there! Hope that helps!

godzi68

They are very well made but I have seen that he edits songs and this is not one of the things I appreciate. Let's say what matters to me is maintaining the original form of the song as it came out. I can understand improving it audio-wise but not changing it. For example on the collection for Black and Blue I read that he edited "English ROse" i read this "i edited English Rose by adding one more verse by repeating the existing one".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-24 08:53 by hulloder.

Posted by: godzi68 ()
Date: February 26, 2023 04:27

hulloder
godzi68

godzi68

They are very well made but I have seen that he edits songs and this is not one of the things I appreciate. Let's say what matters to me is maintaining the original form of the song as it came out. I can understand improving it audio-wise but not changing it. For example on the collection for Black and Blue I read that he edited "English ROse" i read this "i edited English Rose by adding one more verse by repeating the existing one".

I hear what you are saying but with most/all of Captain Acid's outtakes projects, he offers the original versions along with his reworked versions. They are the most complete set of songs from each album (or pretty close to complete) and it allows you to choose from what you prefer. I still listen to my bootleg albums for the rawness & crackle but I also appreciate the effort that the Captain has done for the corrected speeds, de-hissing/de-crackle, etc. The other option is to check out the dbboots.com database to review what's available and it's sound quality, see what appeals to you and search IORR.org to download it. If you can't find something, there's tons of IORRers that can help you find it! And if they cannot, then it has not yet been shared with us commoners!

godzi68

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 26, 2023 07:57

hulloder
godzi68

godzi68

What Black & Blue collection? I've never seen the good Captain edit anything, just improve the sound.

Date: February 26, 2023 11:36

The Rolling Stones - Smack And Blow_UPGRADE 2020_AcidProject 027

On file TXT say"....I have also edited English Rose by adding one more verse by repeating the existing one..."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-26 11:38 by hulloder.

Date: February 26, 2023 11:41

godzi68
hulloder
godzi68

godzi68

I hear what you are saying but with most/all of Captain Acid's outtakes projects, he offers the original versions along with his reworked versions. They are the most complete set of songs from each album (or pretty close to complete) and it allows you to choose from what you prefer. I still listen to my bootleg albums for the rawness & crackle but I also appreciate the effort that the Captain has done for the corrected speeds, de-hissing/de-crackle, etc. The other option is to check out the dbboots.com database to review what's available and it's sound quality, see what appeals to you and search IORR.org to download it. If you can't find something, there's tons of IORRers that can help you find it! And if they cannot, then it has not yet been shared with us commoners!

godzi68

But of course you are right. But I don't like the fact that some songs are edited.

I found the collections made by Stonyroad very beautiful where he inserts the original song and the reworked one.

I also love to create collections but based on Nico's site I find the most accurate one even if some small errors or repetitions exist.

I didn't want to criticize Captain Acid for his immense work, I just wanted to point out that editing had been done on that song. He says so himself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home