Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about 2120 So. Michigan Ave [extended mono version]
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: January 29, 2023 14:35

I read long ago that the extended version (3:40) of "2120 So. Michigan Ave" that was released in stereo on "12 x 5" in 2002 was first released in mono on the German LP "Around and Around" in 1964.

I was just listening to a rip of the "Around and Around" LP labeled: (Decca, Mono, BLK16315-P, Vinyl Rip). The Ultimate Guide (Felix Aeppli) lists this same album as having the long version. But my rip has the EP (2:10) version.

Discogs/photos shows the time for the French version as 3:40, but shows no times for the German version. Does anyone know if there were different versions of the German LP that used alternate tracks? And if so, can you tell a difference without playing it? Or do I just have a phony rip of the album?

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 15:11 by blakeeik.

Re: Question about 2120 So. Michigan Ave [extended mono version]
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 29, 2023 15:34

I was worried, when I read Around And Around, but your question was of course about 2120 South Michigan Avenue. The long mono version is included on my german Around And Around lp. There are so many issues, that there might be more of them with the short version, which I first found in stereo on No Stone Unturned in the early seventies.

Date: January 29, 2023 16:45

Thank you BT2G.

I'm guessing I just have a phony rip. I got it around 2016 but I do not remember where.

Does anyone out there have the German LP with the 2:10 version?

Date: February 3, 2023 13:01

Mystery solved by wildcolonialboy - thanks!

There was a rip circulating that has a defective track 10 (2120 So Michigan Ave) that is cut at 2:10. It is not the edit. You may want to check your rip to see if you have this one. So far as I know, all versions of Around and Around have the long version.

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: February 3, 2023 16:36

The short version is on the EP
'Five By Five' - Released August 1964 (UK) 2.08 (mono)

rsKinno

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home