Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Finger Magazin.
Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:06

Hi, I looking for scan Great Magazin Sticky Finger. I have Only one magazin (volume 5, issue 1). Thank in advance.

Re: Sticky Finger Magazin.
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 26, 2023 22:31

THX to Werner D.

Magazine Sticky Fingers (1989 - 1994) 6 volumes [Belgium]
[www.filefactory.com]
[we.tl]

Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA]
[www.filefactory.com]
[we.tl]

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 13:23

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: January 27, 2023 18:02

Thank winking smiley

Posted by: Heartbreaker 69 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 21:14

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 27, 2023 21:42

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 28, 2023 06:39

Thanks Werner D. and Jaap!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: January 28, 2023 11:29

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: January 28, 2023 16:37

Quique-stone
Thanks Werner D. and Jaap!

X2

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: January 28, 2023 19:17

Good old days, thanks.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 29, 2023 19:12

Great stuff, thanks for sharing !
I have quite a few of the Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA] mags in paper...somewhere. My favorite section was Chris M's "Underground Stones" ! I scanned through the magazines but couldn't find the one I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-) It must have been in a bootleg review and not in the "Underground Stones" series, or I missed it somehow...

A few things I picked up :
- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 75 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?
- he says Mick was on "Invitation", but it's been determined since that it was in fact Don Covay, who sounds a lot like Mick...or is it the other way around ?
- Aeppli says that "Chainsaw Rocker" (i.e. Break Away) is "100% Stones" but we now know it was 0% Stones as far as the songwriting credits go as it's a cover of "Trouble's a Coming" !

So it seems even experts can be wrong ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-31 10:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 29, 2023 19:41

smoking smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 30, 2023 02:24

gotdablouse
I have quite a few of the Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA] mags in paper...somewhere. My favorite section was Chris M's "Underground Stones" ! I scanned through the magazines but couldn't find the one I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-) It must have been in a bootleg review and not in the "Underground Stones" series, or I missed it somehow...

- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 74 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?
- he says Mick was on "Invitation", but it's been determined since that it was in fact Don Covay, who sounds a lot like Mick...or is it the other way around ?
- Aeppli says that "Chainsaw Rocker" (i.e. Break Away) is "100% Stones" but we now know it was 0% Stones as far as the songwriting credits go as it's a cover of "Trouble's a Coming" !

You're not wrong.

I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-)

He probably didn't have it. He doesn't have all the Stereo Stones he reviewed.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: January 31, 2023 00:58

Thanks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 31, 2023 10:43

exilestones
gotdablouse

- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 74 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?

You're not wrong.

I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-)

He probably didn't have it. He doesn't have all the Stereo Stones he reviewed.

He did have it, he'd described it in that article I wish I could find and many years later in 2011 when the "Mick+Beck" version appeared I sent it to him and asked him if that's what he was referring to in the article and he said it wasn't...hope that SW version surfaces one day !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home