Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO: Mick Jagger Video Chat
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 6, 2023 12:53

ISO: Mick Jagger Video Chat

I'm searching for any audio, video, or news reports about this historic video chat. First M-Bone in '94 and then this 1st online chat with visuals.

Was 'Stripped' the first musical album and CD Rom on one disc? I'd like to find some audio, video, or news reports about these technologies first by the Rolling Stones and any other techno-first! Thank you.

It's very cool how the oldest band is always involved in groundbreaking technology.

Re: ISO: Mick Jagger Video Chat
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 6, 2023 13:44

I still have somewhere the Voodoo Lounge CD-Rom with some exclusive live footage and remixes.

Promo trailer: [www.youtube.com]
Info: [www.discogs.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 6, 2023 16:51

this maybe of interest to you

also where the hell did you find that awesome photo of mick!!?eye popping smiley

and can anyone post a higher resolution version?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 6, 2023 16:59

also does anyone have that "jaggerco.txt" file mentioned in the above article?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-06 17:32 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: January 6, 2023 18:20

Mabru
I still have somewhere the Voodoo Lounge CD-Rom with some exclusive live footage and remixes.

Promo trailer: [www.youtube.com]
Info: [www.discogs.com]

Thank you. Very cool trailer.

Date: January 6, 2023 18:27

ProfessorWolf
this maybe of interest to you

also where the hell did you find that awesome photo of mick!!?eye popping smiley

and can anyone post a higher resolution version?

Thanks. I found the M-bone, but it's very cool to include it in this thread.

All info about the Stones being first in technology or the Stones with technology, in general, I find interesting.

[www.linkedin.com]

[www.nbcnews.com]

[www.businessinsider.com]

Date: January 6, 2023 18:40

ProfessorWolf
also does anyone have that "jaggerco.txt" file mentioned in the above article?

I could not find the "jaggerco.txt" file.

Here is the recording of the recording of Mick saying, "You've got letters?"
[sounds4email.com]

++++

Celebrities sound off in AOL e-mail contest
Customers of America Online will hear celebrities utter the famous "You've got mail" sound bite in an upcoming contest.

Jan. 2, 2002 4:43 p.m. PT

Customers of AOL Time Warner's America Online service will hear celebrities utter the famous "You've got mail" sound bite in an upcoming contest.
The promotion, set to begin April 30, will run about a month and feature three unnamed celebrities a week. AOL will also post a clue about each celebrity and award prizes to e-mail users who can identify each mystery announcer.

"One of the things that AOL does incredibly well is market itself," said John Corcoran, an analyst at CIBC World Markets.

He adds that the savvy, humorous promotion will probably not generate more e-mail traffic, but will help garner more publicity for the media giant.

AOL added its last million subscribers in just 39 days, an astounding rate, according to Corcoran. "How do they do it? Little promotions like this," he said, adding that the sum of AOL's little promotions has created a marketing force of nature.

"That's how you keep the snowball rolling downhill faster while it grows bigger," he said. AOL now claims just over 29 million subscribers.

Long known for its marketing prowess, AOL is pushing hard to increase its subscriber roster as its parent aims to meet ambitious earnings projections this year. AOL Time Warner has predicted earnings excluding certain charges to hit $11 billion for 2001, a target the newly merged company has stood by despite a deterioration in the advertising market.

The company has so far weathered the downturn better than most, posting strong earnings and revenue growth for the first quarter. AOL Time Warner executives have said they are considering raising the base subscription rate of $21.95 a month for the online service, although analysts said such a move would likely not come before the end of the second quarter, at the earliest.

In the meantime, AOL is sticking to what it knows best.

Clues in the upcoming voice-recognition contest will come in text form. For example: "She studies with the American Ballet Theater, has played a dog on stage, and wore black on her wedding day." Winners get the chance to win a Mazda Miata Roadster, a trip to the Blockbuster Movie Awards, or 52 free movie rentals from Blockbuster.

AOL ran a similar promotion in 1997 that included the voices of Mick Jagger, Mike Myers and Rosie O'Donnell. The new promotion will also feature celebrities saying their own version of AOL's "Welcome" and "Goodbye" voice messages.

AOL first used the "You've got mail" greeting in 1989, featuring the voice of Elwood Edwards, whose wife worked at AOL as a customer service representative. The phrase was further seared into people's minds with the 1998 movie "You've Got Mail" staring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.

Corcoran believes that the company cannot continue to grow at its current pace indefinitely.

"They can't keep growing like this forever," he said.

But he points out that AOL shows few signs of slowing down, as it continues to add a sizable number of subscribers per month even though the percentage increases are falling.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 7, 2023 00:42

Crazy to think we saw that unfold under our eyes ! I wonder if the B2B launch event wasn't one of the first live streams ever. Remember watching it on my laptop with its PCMCIA 56k (or was it 28.8k ?) modem and being stunned by what I was seeing. I'd think they were using RealVideo at the time.

Come 2002 and the "blimp" press conference seemed like something normal ;-)

As a side note I could swear that Mick mentioned "Fiji Jim" in one of these online chats, as an old song he'd redone vocals for.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 7, 2023 04:01

gotdablouse
Crazy to think we saw that unfold under our eyes ! I wonder if the B2B launch event wasn't one of the first live streams ever. Remember watching it on my laptop with its PCMCIA 56k (or was it 28.8k ?) modem and being stunned by what I was seeing. I'd think they were using RealVideo at the time.

Come 2002 and the "blimp" press conference seemed like something normal ;-)

As a side note I could swear that Mick mentioned "Fiji Jim" in one of these online chats, as an old song he'd redone vocals for.

That's right! The B2B Press Conference was the first to be broadcasted around the world.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 8, 2023 22:53

Here's a BBC1-report which was done at the occasion:

[we.tl]

N

Date: January 8, 2023 23:12

This so cool, Thank you all for sharing!! smileys with beer

Date: January 9, 2023 08:07

NeddieFlanders
Here's a BBC1-report which was done at the occasion:

[we.tl]

N

Very cool, thanks!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 10, 2023 20:55

THX N

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home