Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Before they make me run promo 45' single MONO
Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: December 22, 2022 12:48

On the backside of the famous vinyl promosingle of Before they make me run is next to the special promo stereo mix also a MONO version. I have never listened to that one and as a 'completist' I would like to hear it.
Can anybody please be so kind to show me where I can find this or upload this MONO version?

Cheers,

Alex.

Re: Before they make me run promo 45' single MONO
Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 23, 2022 00:26

It doesn't sound much different than the stereo version: [we.tl]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 23, 2022 04:13

thanks

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 23, 2022 09:16

wiredallnight

Thanks for sharing.

Can you send us the SAM Tumbling Dice? Does it really exist?

[iorr.org]

Date: December 23, 2022 10:04

exilestones

Can you send us the SAM Tumbling Dice? Does it really exist?

[iorr.org]

No, sorry, don't have it.

Date: December 23, 2022 10:21

Hi Wiredallnight,

Thank you very much for the kind upload. Have a nice X-mas.

Cheers,

Alex.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: December 23, 2022 19:09

wiredallnight

isn´t that the version released on the LP CLAUDINE (Dead Spider Records) ?

Date: December 23, 2022 22:22

Dorn
wiredallnight

No idea, I have it (again) from Rarities Done Right - Mono Plug Sides.

Date: December 24, 2022 10:48

Still not clear to me. I have the Rarities done right version of Before they make me run on cd 7 (track 708). That seems a stereo version (It is called a promo stereo mix). But I cannot hear it as such. (It sounds like very narrow?) But Rarities done right doesn't have the mono version. According to Dieter Hoffmann's Recording Index 1961-2016 on Rarities done right is only the stereo version. And the mono version seems to be not present on any bootleg.

Alex.

Date: December 24, 2022 11:44

alexander paul
Still not clear to me. I have the Rarities done right version of Before they make me run on cd 7 (track 708). That seems a stereo version (It is called a promo stereo mix). But I cannot hear it as such. (It sounds like very narrow?) But Rarities done right doesn't have the mono version. According to Dieter Hoffmann's Recording Index 1961-2016 on Rarities done right is only the stereo version. And the mono version seems to be not present on any bootleg.

Alex.

No, not this one. There is a newer version of Rarities Done Right from 2018-03-30.
There it is on the disc "Mono Plug Sides", track 14. See here on page 58: [we.tl]

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: December 24, 2022 11:52

This was circulating as BTMMR #4, before it became the promo version with this special line around 1.40. The version wiredallnight has posted, comes in perfect quality. By the way, the same happened to Slave. The vinyl and the first cd version were shorter and the 6 1/2 min version was circulating before it became the actual official Tattoo You version.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 24, 2022 14:36

alexander paul

Alex.

The last version of RDR says this:

Before They Make Me Run
1978 7” promotional single, mono backed with stereo version
Before They Make Me Run [promo version] (3:16)
Alternate vocal track mixed by Bob Clearmountain containing the lyrics “Give
me a kiss and you can cum.” Contrary to rumors, this version is not on the 8-
track version of Some Girls

I have the promo single. I put together "Plug Sides" which has rips of both sides. What they say is true - there's not much difference between the mono and stereo versions.

There is a circulating CD set version of RDR that I did NOT put together. It was "used" by WLR. I do not know what sources were used on that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-24 15:04 by blakeeik.

Date: December 24, 2022 18:46

BlueTurns2Grey
This was circulating as BTMMR #4, before it became the promo version with this special line around 1.40. The version wiredallnight has posted, comes in perfect quality. By the way, the same happened to Slave. The vinyl and the first cd version were shorter and the 6 1/2 min version was circulating before it became the actual official Tattoo You version.

Thanks for the lesson BTTG. I do have "Before They Make Me Run IV" on my HDD. It's nice having the story you posted here.

wiredallnight did post a high-quality version of the "Before They Make Me Run" promo in mono. I enjoyed listening to it.

I've had the "Before They Make Me Run" promo for years but didn't pay much attention to it. Last night I DL Mr. Allnight's offing and enjoyed it very much. (Thanks, Wired!).

I put the mono promo side by side in Audacity with the Some Girls version and did an A/B. The mix is different for sure with some nice parts in the promo that are lost or not in the album version. The order of the song is different, including the ending. There are also extra lines in the promo.

When all is done and said, the album version of the song is better IMHO mainly because it has a better ending.

I appreciate Mr. AllNight's post. I hope he gives us another Christmas present by posting the stereo side of the single. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Date: December 24, 2022 18:48

Dorn
wiredallnight

I don't have that LP. Apparently, you have the Dead Spider record. You can compare them and let us know if they are the same, Thanks.

Date: December 24, 2022 18:51

alexander paul

Alex.

Is that what Dieter says that there is only a stereo version?

Date: December 24, 2022 18:55

wiredallnight
alexander paul

Alex.

No, not this one. There is a newer version of Rarities Done Right from 2018-03-30.
There it is on the disc "Mono Plug Sides", track 14. See here on page 58: [we.tl]

"Plug?" Can someone tell me why the word 'plug' is used? Thank you.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 24, 2022 19:07

Radio promo 7" often had one side labeled "Plug Side" telling the DJ what side to "plug"
[www.discogs.com].

Date: December 24, 2022 21:22

blakeeik
alexander paul

Alex.

The last version of RDR says this:

Before They Make Me Run
1978 7” promotional single, mono backed with stereo version
Before They Make Me Run [promo version] (3:16)
Alternate vocal track mixed by Bob Clearmountain containing the lyrics “Give
me a kiss and you can cum.” Contrary to rumors, this version is not on the 8-
track version of Some Girls

I have the promo single. I put together "Plug Sides" which has rips of both sides. What they say is true - there's not much difference between the mono and stereo versions.

I thoroughly enjoy the whole "Rarities Done Right" project. Was your inspiration for your excellent "Rarities Done Right," a rarities that wasn't done right? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-25 06:35 by exilestones.

Date: December 24, 2022 21:22

blakeeik
Radio promo 7" often had one side labeled "Plug Side" telling the DJ what side to "plug"
[www.discogs.com].

Ohhhh, thank you!

Date: December 25, 2022 12:20

Stereo version: [we.tl]

Merry X-mas everybody!

Date: December 25, 2022 15:04

Thanks again Wiredallnight. This one seems a bit more stereo.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 25, 2022 15:05

thank you again

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: December 25, 2022 15:41

exilestones
Dorn

I don't have that LP. Apparently, you have the Dead Spider record. You can compare them and let us know if they are the same, Thanks.

yep, same version (as per my databse take 4), containing “Give
me a kiss and you can cum” at around 1:31 but in stereo. Sound quality not as good as the one uploaded here now.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: December 25, 2022 22:51

A festive season merry ole joke - what's a 45' single?

A single that's 45-foot long, of course. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home