Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kinda OT POST: Al Franken & Tom Davis At Stockton State "Rolling Stones Skit" In Good Quality
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 16, 2022 00:16

so i only recently became aware of al franken's fantastic jagger impression from this special (which i believe maybe the best jagger impression period) and was luck enough to then quickly by chance stumble across a copy on vhs at a local thrift store

so i decided to convert the tape and post the sketch here in much better quality then this youtube video

which seems to be the only source online at the moment that i can find

i also decided to post the whole show as well for those that want it i found it hilarious

it was recorded in november 1982 at stockton state university in new jersey for a showtime special that aired in 1983

stay tuned after the credits for a trailer for the rutles and a scene from mr. mikes mondo video with dan aykroyd and his webbed toes

the rolling stones skit
we

the whole show
pt 1
pt 2

Re: Kinda OT POST: Al Franken & Tom Davis At Stockton State "Rolling Stones Skit" In Good Quality
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 16, 2022 00:34

also i'm unsure how this would work with the official materials policy if bv has any issue with my posting this i apologize and will remove it immediately

but this special contains no official rolling stones content and and was only aired once in 1983 on showtime and then was only given a limited vhs release (not even beta or laserdisc) almost 40 years ago and has not been re-released since

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-16 00:36 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: Kinda OT POST: Al Franken & Tom Davis At Stockton State "Rolling Stones Skit" In Good Quality
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 17, 2022 02:27

thank you

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: December 17, 2022 16:16

Hilarious...thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home