Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
4K video restorations
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: November 18, 2022 22:29

[www.youtube.com] and [www.youtube.com] now both have 2000 Light Years from Home in beautifully restored 4K 2160p.

This follows JJF (two versions), We Love You, and Have You Seen Your Mother, all also done in 4K 2160p, starting last August.

A pattern has emerged - 4K 2160p restorations of the earliest Stones videos from the mid- to late 1960s.

Gotta wonder what's next. Really looking forward to seeing what happens.

Re: 4K video restorations
Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: November 19, 2022 01:21

excelent

Date: November 19, 2022 05:57

This might turn into a fabulous little project - 1960s Stones videos fabulously restored in 4K.

Here's a list of what I understood, after plenty of research some years ago, to be official Stones videos from way back then:

1966 Lady Jane
1966 Have you Seen Your Mother ... - restoration posted 23.9.22
1967 Let's Spend The Night Together
1967 Ruby Tuesday
1967 We Love You - restoration posted 26.8.22
1967 Dandelion
1967 She's A Rainbow (long lost - let's hope they find it)
1967 2000 Light Years ... - restoration posted 19.11.22
1968 JJF (two versions) - restorations posted 4.8.22
1968 Child Of The Moon - a beautiful restoration was done in 2016 in conjunction with Exhibitionism
1968 Street Fighting Man

Now, however, [en.wikipedia.org] has shortened the list to just these:

Have You Seen Your Mother ...
We Love You
Dandelion
2000 Light Years ...
She's A Rainbow
JJF
Child Of The Moon

That's just 7 of, and we have 5 of them beautifully restored, if you include the COTM 2016 restoration, leaving just Dandelion and She's A Rainbow to complete the set of fabulously restored Stones 60s videos, the earliest ones of all. Here's hoping they do the other 2 (or 3).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-19 22:49 by stonesman87.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 19, 2022 09:01

Already restored and released on YT: Have You Seen, We Love You, 2000 LYFH, JJF (2 versions).

Date: November 19, 2022 22:16

wiredallnight
Already restored and released on YT: Have You Seen, We Love You, 2000 LYFH, JJF (2 versions).

Yes, as I set out in my post on November 19 above.

Date: November 20, 2022 06:45

I did some surfing around looking for anything more about the Child Of The Moon video.

For anybody who's interested, the 2016 restored video is in 1080p at [www.youtube.com]

But I found something even more interesting - the video completely in colour at [www.letitbleed50.com], but it's only in 480p. I've NEVER seen this before, including, for example, the muddy dirt road scenes in full colour. I'm going to set my hopes on this being the subject of one of the remaining 4K restorations.

Date: November 20, 2022 11:06

stonesman87
wiredallnight

Yes, as I set out in my post on November 19 above.

Indeed, I should have looked better grinning smiley

Date: November 20, 2022 11:44

About the elusive She's A Rainbow video, I found a clip at [www.facebook.com]

It's mentioned that the clip came from the YouTube channel 'Fifties, Sixties & Seventies rare music clips'. No address is given for that site, however, and I haven't found it so far.

Can anybody work out where the site (and the video) are and post a link? More importantly, can anybody confirm if that's the "official" She's A Rainbow video clip?

Date: November 20, 2022 16:34

stonesman87

It's mentioned that the clip came from the YouTube channel 'Fifties, Sixties & Seventies rare music clips'. No address is given for that site, however, and I haven't found it so far.

Can anybody work out where the site (and the video) are and post a link? More importantly, can anybody confirm if that's the "official" She's A Rainbow video clip?

No idea if it's official but a clip with a square picture (640 x 640 resolution) is for sure not official...[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-20 16:39 by wiredallnight.

Date: November 20, 2022 21:26

After the last few days' research and enquiries, I think I'm going to sit back and watch for whatever appears for those three more videos - Dandelion, She's A Rainbow, and Child Of The Moon. I hope the experts doing these restorations have them on their agenda. It would complete a really groovy set of Stones 60s clips.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 21, 2022 02:06

wiredallnight
stonesman87

No idea if it's official but a clip with a square picture (640 x 640 resolution) is for sure not official...[we.tl]

thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2022 02:20

Abkco did a great job on the newly released 2000 Light Years From Home video. I'd still like to have the original soundtrack.

It would be really cool if someone could put the live vocal audio from the original promo videos into the new 4K video release.

Maybe some great generous and talented person could rip the vocals from the old video and add them to the updated music.

I remember downloading the audio tracks of the original soundtrack of 2000 Light Years promo videos here on IORR. I cannot find them. Will someone please repost them?

Another cool idea is to add it the old vocals to the wide stereo mix of 2000 Light Years from London 820 129-2 (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs mix).

Date: November 21, 2022 07:54

Next on my personal wish list - 4K restoration of the COTM full-colour video in time for Christmas.

Followed by a grand finale of a same-day 4K release of Dandelion and Rainbow (if they ever find it). winking smiley

Date: November 21, 2022 09:57

exilestones
Abkco did a great job on the newly released 2000 Light Years From Home video. I'd still like to have the original soundtrack.

It would be really cool if someone could put the live vocal audio from the original promo videos into the new 4K video release.

Maybe some great generous and talented person could rip the vocals from the old video and add them to the updated music.

I remember downloading the audio tracks of the original soundtrack of 2000 Light Years promo videos here on IORR. I cannot find them. Will someone please repost them?

Another cool idea is to add it the old vocals to the wide stereo mix of 2000 Light Years from London 820 129-2 (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs mix).

Is this the original audio with live vocals? I'm not sure, can someone confirm?
The picture however is horrible, it's squeezed to 16:9 while the original is 4:3.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 21, 2022 13:40

wiredallnight
exilestones

Is this the original audio with live vocals? I'm not sure, can someone confirm?
The picture however is horrible, it's squeezed to 16:9 while the original is 4:3.

Yes it is. Here are 2 b/w versions with live vocals, both incomplete. [we.tl]

Date: November 21, 2022 17:11

Here is the original version of 2000 LYFH with original audio in 640x480 pixels resolution: [we.tl]

Date: November 21, 2022 18:06

I remember reading to get the highest quality from YouTube, the 4K downloader is needed and the paid YT account.

Thanks for the DLs!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: November 21, 2022 19:09

exilestones
I remember reading to get the highest quality from YouTube, the 4K downloader is needed and the paid YT account.

Thanks for the DLs!

with JDownloader 2 you get the highest quality to download, no need of YT paid account.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: November 21, 2022 19:19

exilestones

Thanks for the DLs!

Sometimes you can also get the highest quality adding "pp" like this:

https://www.youtubepp.com/watch?v=F_PjGiuJI1M

Date: November 21, 2022 20:24

gonzalo76
exilestones

Thanks for the DLs!

Sometimes you can also get the highest quality adding "pp" like this:

https://www.youtubepp.com/watch?v=F_PjGiuJI1M

Highest quality audio or video? I know with 4K Downloader you can get 1080p video.

For the highest quality sound, you can get a free 1 month YT subscription.

What does pp give us?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 21, 2022 20:25

exilestones

I remember reading to get the highest quality from YouTube

You could also use the commandline-tool yt-dlp - [GitHub.com] - to download 4K videos for free from YT. Use the parameter -F to display the available formats. More about it in the help & description of yt-dlp.

Date: November 22, 2022 05:16

Thank you!

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: November 27, 2022 06:43

Has anyone been able to download the full color Child of the Moon clip?

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: November 27, 2022 08:05

gomper076

+1

Best regards

Date: November 27, 2022 11:45

gomper076

The 3m:35s Promo-Clip can be downloaded with yt-dlp (use the website-URL as parameter). The other film can be downloaded as well if you have the password.

Date: November 27, 2022 18:03

gomper076

Which full color Child of the Moon clip do you mean?

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: November 27, 2022 18:24

The one here

[www.letitbleed50.com]

I'm not sure how to get the password to download.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 27, 2022 19:30

keithpinkmoon, gomper76 & wiredallnight: please watch your mail.

Date: November 28, 2022 00:05

The mail is the 3m:35s clip itself - not the PW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-28 14:25 by Irix.

Date: November 28, 2022 07:09

It's good to see that other IORRers are interested in the full colour COTM clip, making it a bunch of us probably looking forward to seeing it some time soon in fabulous 4K.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-10 11:06 by stonesman87.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home