Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The London Rock and Roll Show
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 10, 2022 18:53

I never heard of "The London Rock and Roll Show."

online review:
"This show is apparently legendary, but I never heard of it, but picking it up from the cheapie bin was no regret after watching it. It started off pretty slow, some guy came out doing some kind of pre-Alice Cooper-style horror theatrics, but even the crowds, hippies, and punks didn't seem to enjoy whoever he was very much. They only seemed to react when he brought out the naked dancers.

Bo Diddly - He puts on a nice blues number. Forgive me for forgetting the title of the song, I'm not a fan of his. But he performs well.

Jerry Lee Lewis - His performance is very ... ummm, if I use my own words I'll end up censored, he performs a couple of numbers like he has died and someone has his hand up his behind using him as a ventriloquist's dummy. Great balls of fire sounded a bit off-key. I skipped through most of his performance.

Bill Haley - He only performs the one song, twice, but I gotta say he performs "Rock Around The Clock" exactly the way he recorded it! Well, singing it anyway.

Chuck Berry - The final act of the night, Chuck Berry is the show stopper. He performs a lot of his great numbers and does them so well. Chuck turns on the distortion halfway through his performance. Chuck rips through many numbers, some combined, some full, some extended. Chuck was "The Man" of the hour performing for over 20 minutes, going over his time he was supposed to be on for, they even pulled the plug on him because he wouldn't get off, but they turn it back on so he can finish up.

There's no extras, no subtitles, no nothing, it's in 2.0 sound, and the picture quality is decent, few specks now and then, it is not digitally restored or anything, but much like it has come from a VHS. Mick Jagger is in the interviews parts in between songs, but there is no Rolling Stones/Mick Jagger performances. A lot of fun, sex drugs, and rock and roll from the rocker of the 50's who created rock and roll, Jerry Lee."

Re: The London Rock and Roll Show
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 10, 2022 19:03

"The London Rock and Roll Show" & "Chuck Berry & Bo Diddley – Chuck Berry & Bo Diddley's Rock 'n Roll All-Star Jam"

This YouTube Link features both concerts

Ronnie plays great in the All-Star Jam - a very enjoyable concert!

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: November 10, 2022 20:19

1988?

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: November 11, 2022 00:07

That was ROCK'N'ROLL
Thanks a lot for making awarethumbs up

All the Best!

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: November 11, 2022 15:37

The London Rock and Roll Show
Wembley Stadium, London, 5 August 1972
includes interview with Mick Jagger backstage

Bo Diddley & Chuck Berry – Rock'N'Roll All Star Jam
Los Angeles, Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre, 25 October 1985
with Ron Wood on guitar & Interview with Ron Wood

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home