28th October - 5th December 1992
Slide On Live
1992 North American Tour
This series is dedicated to Ron Wood’s 1992 tour in North America.
A big thank you to all the people who recorded these shows and who shared them and to my two accomplices nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave me the benefit of their versions of these shows and their advice and support ... and therefore without whom this project would not have been possible.
Line-up: RW (gtr, voc, harm)/Bernard Fowler (voc)/Ian McLagan (keyb, bvoc)/Johnnie Lee Schell (gtr)/Shaun Solomon (bass)/Wayne P. Sheehy (dr)
Note: With special guest Chuck Leavell (keyb) from October 28 – November 4.
30th October 1992
30th October 1992: RON WOOD: New Haven, Connecticut, Toad’s Place
01 - intro/Testify (restored)
02 - Flying (rebuilt)
03 - Breathe On Me (rebuilt)
04 - Show Me
05 - Josephine
06 - Somebody Else Might
07 - Black Limousine
08 - Pretty Beat Up
01 - I’m Losing You
02 - Silicone Grown
03 - Little Red Rooster
04 - band introduction
05 - I Can Feel The Fire
06 - It’s Only Rock’n Roll
07 - Show Me [Groove]
08 - Stay With Me
Our versions are identical and unfortunately with lots of problems, particulary in the first 3 tracks. I tried my best to make it more listenable.
- for track 01 ‘Testify’: there was only music on the right channel, the other one with diginoises only. I kept the left channel and duplicated it, amplified it and added more treble.
- for track 02 ‘Flying’: in the first part there was only music on the right channel and in the last part only in the left channel (in the middle the music was very low and partially lost): I reworked the beginning and end separately as on track 01, I amplified the middle part to make the music more audible and then reconnected all parts.
- for track 03 ‘Breathe On Me’ the first part (until 3.11) had to be reworked as for track 01 and part 2 (after 3.11) reworked as in the following tracks (see below).
- for ‘Show Me’ and all the following tracks: I equilibrated the channels (+30% to the right channel), added more treble and amplified the sound. Then I did a phase correction (the right channel was for 0,0015s in advance to the left).
- for ‘Josephine’ I deleted digital noises at 2’02 and 2’03.
- for ‘Pretty Beat Up’ I deleted hundreds of digital noises from 2’45 until 3’.
- for ‘It’s Only Rock’n Roll’ I deleted a digital noise at 1’06 and another at 1’07. The same for ‘Show Me [Groove]’ at 1’04.
I also reworked the transitions between the tracks that now start with the song.
As usual all the infos are taken from The Complete Works Of The Rolling Stones database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de
Posted in 2022 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org
link valid until 30/09/22 (don't ask me for a repost)
Vol 03 on Sunday
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 10:22 by StonyRoad.