Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Aerosmith + Extreme 2022-09-04 Bangor, Maine (raw wav)
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 5, 2022 16:50

I am not going to be posting Aero all the time like I do at the blog but it's the tour opener with another Dan style adventure.

Always more here:

[ijwthstd.blogspot.com]

Aerosmith + Extreme @ Maine Savings Amphitheatre, Bangor, ME 2022-09-04

AEROSMTIH [we.tl]
EXTREME [we.tl]

raw waves

I always wanted to see an Aerosmith tour opener because often the show changes a lot early on. And I really regret just not going ticketless to opening night in Vegas and paying whatever.

I was kinda looking at Bangor but $400 a night hotel, not too many transportation options, not even any 24 hour establishments to rough it at. So it probably wasn't going to happen. I did find some reasonable accommodations to go back to MSG so I jumped on it. I didn't want to go home but of course I can't afford to stay in NYC over Labor Day weekend.

My friend from upstate NY came down for the 8/31 Roger Waters show and said he was down to drive to Bangor. So I went back with him and stayed at his place. Took a side trip to Tanglewood, then early morning Sep 4 hit the road.

Show sold out. Prices crazy even for lawn. (My friend a few days ago - you know the cheapest resale tickets are $140 lawn right? Yeah but it ain't gonna stay like that). I assumed hotel prices would depress the resale market and Aerosmith ain't the draw it used to be but also Maine was long a regular stop for Aerosmith but they hadn't played there since 2003.

Prices somewhat dipped the day before but started climbing the day of. And we're driving 6 hours tickeless. And my friend is a more traditional concert goer. As in if you don't have tickets, you're not going.

We show up early enough. Lines are forming. I really want a seat but don't want to pay the $200-500 for the few they have left. Check with the box office and they have a few lawn left or front rows at top prices. Pass. For now.

Hit the line and find soneone in line just willing to give away a lawn ticket. My friend is cool with it.

I make the rounds and check with the box office again. No more lawn. Online secondary prices going up. No hits outside. The band starts playing Adam's Apple, my 2nd favorite song sans vocals and as I am working the line I yell "NO @#$%& WAY THEY PLAY THAT!" I was right.

Find another lawn ticket for $60. Decide to snag it. She says you can get in line with me. I ask her if she can transfer because it's really a placeholder ticket. I walk her thru it. I get the email but I can't get the page to load. She says I am just waiting for her to accept. I just use prepaids and even though it just renewed I have been on the internet a lot. So I use the automated phone system to add 1GB. Still not working. I wanted to get coffee and a bite to eat. Meanwhile doors are about to open (late, because soundcheck ran late). So nope, I can't buy a seat online, I can't relist the ticket I bought online and I can't even accept the ticket I bought.
Thankfully the seller (thank you Donna) had a really kind and honest demeanor and I trusted her to not recall the transfer.

My friend is near the front of the line, doors are opening and I am across the street. Now it's hurry up and change light and get there just in time and inside. But I still can't get the ticket but at least I can access the Wifi. It still takes awhile to get the ticket. THe doors are open but the lawn/venue isn't and at least I am able to move thru the crowd to where my friend is.

So I grab the lawn railing. So spend all that money and travel all that way only to end up on the lawn.

Extreme ... bleh. Probably should have just waited them outside looking for something better.

The wind is blowing, my mics don't work outside but I place them under my shirt which seems to work good enough as a windscreen.

Finally the band takes the stage. It's windy, volume all over the place, but the band looks good (on the video screen) and sounds good. Even the somewhat sloppy beginning adds a bit of charm. Unfortunately the lawn railing is elevated like 2 feet over the separation aisle. So you have people walking back and forth and eventually stopping only to be shooed by security.

But there is this one dude, older Mike Love looking standing in front of the lawn but turning around and talking to the people behind him. Ushers would tell him to move, he would engage them in conversation, maybe drift away a bit and drift back. During Hangman Jury they were trying again, he moved over a bit closer and the people next to me say "You can't stand here" and he moves over in front of me and that's me yelling HEY GET THE @#$%& AWAY FROM ME. He just says Really? Not that I was really trying to provoke him but ... I was also wondering at what point a bit later I try to get an usher's attention and say either you move him for good or I do it. Not that I am a tough guy but I know from past experience telling staff you are going to do their job for them prompts them to act. But it was mostly rockers or slow songs I hate after that so he was more of a slight nuisance I didn't notice if I wasn't looking at him.

ANyway the show concludes with a spontaneous post WTW Big Ten Inch Record, kinda ramshackle. But again, with a bit of charm and not on the setlist.

Soundcheck was, as we were rolling up the Love In An Elevator canned backing vocals, the Walk This Way canned backing vocals, the Eat The Rich burp, Janie intro, IDWTMAT intro. Then eventually Adam's Apple instrumental, Remember (Walking In The Sand), Full Circle and half of Sight For Sore Eyes, also not played. MAybe a bit more as I was on the move. There were spots I could have recorded clearly but I couldn't let my ticket walk in without me.

Anyway this vacation once again exceeded all expectations and mucho thanks to my friend (who may or may not name himself, he was rolling too) who doesn't even like Aerosmith for making my dream come true.

There was another taper in the reserved seats that my friend knew but he was surrounded by whistlers. I was wondering if it was even worth the bother but aside from that one guy, it's more the ambiance of a very enthuiastic crowd of the likes I haven't seen at an Aerosmith show since 1988.

This might need some work and levels adjustment, but again do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

And as always I am looking for complete Santa Monica 78, Starwood 78, the Forum 2003 pre show complete 5 song set and the Get A Grip tour opener in Topeka, KS

Enjoy!

(BTW it wasn't my cheap $40 Crackphone that was the problem, a lot of people were having issues so thankfully I was able to resist the urge to slam it into the pavement.)

Re: OT Aerosmith + Extreme 2022-09-04 Bangor, Maine (raw wav)
Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 5, 2022 23:21

Thank you spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-05 23:25 by StoneZP.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: September 5, 2022 23:42

Thanks, great sound smileys with beer

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: September 6, 2022 06:22

Thank you Dan!!!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 9, 2022 10:30

THX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home