Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post WAV file remaster 1975.07.10 From Fanfare To Sympathy
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 28, 2022 23:03

With big thanks to Jonno for sending me this

Jonno
I have a remaster of 7-10-75 that I'd like to upload to IORR. Since I am no longer a member by choice, I send the weTransfer link to you.

[wetransfer.com]

Re: Post WAV file remaster 1975.07.10 From Fanfare To Sympathy
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 28, 2022 23:27

Thank you and heilobaas

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: August 28, 2022 23:57

Thanks

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 00:10

copy/taken from:

Rolling Stones
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
July 10, 1975
(ED F Master)

Mono Recording Gear: Radio Shack microphone > Unknown Portable Cassette Recorder (likely Panasonic)

JEMS 2021 Transfer: Master Cassettes > Nakamichi RX-505 (azimuth adjustment) > Sound Devices USBPre 2 > Audacity 2.0 capture > iZotope RX8 > iZotope Ozone 8 > convert to 16/44 > Audacity > TLH > FLAC

01 Honky Tonk Women
02 All Down The Line
03 If You Can't Rock Me > Get Off Of My Cloud
04 Star Star
05 Gimme Shelter
06 Ain't Too Proud To Beg
07 You Gotta Move
08 You Can't Always Get What You Wan
09 Happy
10 Tumbling Dice
11 It's Only Rock'n Roll
12 Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
13 Fingerprint File
14 Angie
15 Wild Horses
16 That's Life
17 Outta Space
18 Brown Sugar
19 Midnight Rambler
20 Rip This Joint
21 Street Fighting Man
22 Jumpin' Jack Flash
23 Sympathy For The Devil

Known Faults:
-Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker): end slightly cut

With the Rolling Stones on the road and interest in their live recordings piqued, it seemed a good time to release this previously uncirculated source recording for the Stones' second LA show in 1975, which also happens to be the one Mike Millard did not record.

Stones '75 aficionado LetItBleed tells us there were previously two extant recordings of this show. A handful of songs, including "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)" circulate and are sourced from old vinyl bootlegs. A complete but poor and barely listenable audience recording also circulates from a tape source and can be found on the VGP Japanese bootleg CD 1975 Nervous Breakdown.

LetItBleed says, "This source recording has definitely not been in wide circulation before and it is a huge upgrade compared to what we had. There is no comparison really to the distant and muffled Japanese bootleg source which sounds way inferior. Well balanced, all instruments are clear, not much crowd interference and close to the stage. Great band performance, too. I checked some markers for this date and compared against the two alternate sources--this is definitely July 10. The short improv jam before "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)" is the definitive indicator for this date."

EdF recorded all five of the Stones' shows at the The Forum in 1975 and got remarkably consistent results. To be sure he wasn't recording with Millard-quality gear, but his tapes capture the atmosphere of the occasion quite appealingly and offer good, perhaps even very good sound for the era and equipment.

His recorder was an inexpensive portable (believed to be a Panasonic) that Ed recalls ran on six AA batteries, likely giving it long battery life and perhaps even improved performance compared to most cheap decks. He paired the recorder with what he calls a cheap Radio Shack microphone that he would stick to the armrest of his seat with tape. The results have little immediate-vicinity audience noise, relatively up-close sound, and while not as sharp or clear as Millard's efforts, are potent just the same. Ed was also good about his tape flips and didn't miss much of the show.

The appeal of Night Two is not only how elusive a good recording of it proven to be until now, but the show itself. Adds Let it Bleed: "This is an excellent band performance. Some of the raggedness typical of this tour is apparent, but here it makes perfect sense. The set is well-paced, full of energy throughout and Keith is sharp and focused. "Happy" and "Tumbling Dice" groove along nicely and the soloing during "Star Star" and "Fingerprint File" is fluid, always good signs in 1975.

In my humble opinion, this performance of "It´s Only Rock n´Roll" is one of the best they have ever played, in a sleazy and dirty kind of way. Many have tried to match that style, but only the Stones can truly deliver with Keith playing razor-sharp licks, Charlie laying down a perfect groove and Mick´s growl, which some find distracting on this tour in particular, but totally fits here. It is amazing that the next night was such a lackluster, train wreck of a performance (officially released, unfortunately), or maybe not, hearing that they are really giving it all here. I hope everyone will enjoy listening to this tape as much as I did."

Massive thanks to Ed F for lending us his master tapes. Those old Memorex cassettes are glued into their cases and most squeak like a mofo these days, but they hold up otherwise and with careful restoration, good transfers are possible. LetItBleed provided enormous assistance in comparing Ed's recordings to existing official and unofficial sources, which will help guide future releases. It was a pleasure collaborating with him. Professor Goody was of course on hand as well to adjust the pitch. And mjk5510 handled post-production and encouraged me to get this project into the queue.

We hope you enjoy this new capture of the Stones in Los Angeles, July 10, 1975. There's more where this came from.

BK for JEMS

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 03:27

Thank you for sharing Jonno and Jaap!! thumbs up
The Ed F Master via JEMS is an excellent recording, still available here: [www.dimeadozen.org]
When it was clear that the official Eagle Rock DVD is from July 12 (not 11)

#8728339 by mjake at 2021-11-07 11:08:25 GMT
Regarding LA 07/10:
When I wrote the above (I am "Letitbleed"), I assumed that the lackluster performance officially released on DVD by Eagle Rock occurred on July 11, as this was always the presumption in fan circles.
However, after going through Ed´s tapes with BK and further analysis, I now strongly believe that what was always believed to be the July 11 is actually July 12. Ed had clearly identified his respective recording as "July 12" and there is no reason to believe that he was wrong. This also means that the source notes for the Eagle Rock release, which also indicate July 12, are actually correct. [www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 29, 2022 07:02

Thank you HEILOBAAS and Jaap!

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 29, 2022 07:39

Thank You

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: August 29, 2022 08:03

Thank You

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 29, 2022 10:11

This is not the original version of Ed F but an equalized version. But is it really better?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 29, 2022 11:02

Thanks! Would've been good to get all 5 LA nights officially released in a box set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-29 14:24 by Paul Kersey.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 11:51

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 29, 2022 12:33

THX falo for the extended information.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 29, 2022 15:34

thumbs up

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 15:51

The covers says isn't the ED F Master...

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 29, 2022 17:43

Andrea82

The cover doesn' say much useful about the source at all...
As I wrote above, it is the Ed F source, but it is reworked. It is much louder and looks compressed when looking at the wave file with an editor. I like the original better. It does not sound so disturbed.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 29, 2022 18:13

wiredallnight
Andrea82

The cover doesn' say much useful about the source at all...
As I wrote above, it is the Ed F source, but it is reworked. It is much louder and looks compressed when looking at the wave file with an editor. I like the original better. It does not sound so disturbed.

Yes, it is a "remastered" (louder, compressed, normalized) version of the "Ed F Master via JEMS" excellent recording, which is still available here: [www.dimeadozen.org]

original / equalized

/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home