Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Welcome to New York - REMASTERED BY GRAF ZEPPELIN
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 19, 2022 01:58

From silverdiscs:

Live at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA 26th July 1972 (UPGRADE)

Source: Soundboard upgrade

REMASTERED BY GRAF ZEPPELIN

[we.tl]

(77:10)
01. Introduction
02. Brown Sugar
03. Bitch
04. Rocks Off
05. Gimme Shelter
06. Happy
07. Tumbling Dice
08. Love In Vain
09. Sweet Virginia
10. You Can't Always Get What You Want
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler 11:34
13. Band Introductions
14. Bye Bye Johnny
15. Rip This Joint
16. Jumping Jack Flash 3:15Aud Rec1
17. Street Fighting Man Aud Rec1

Tr. 1-7 Aud Rec2
Tr. 8-16 SB
Tr. 16-17 Aud Rec1

Aud Rec 2 at the beginning corrects the slight twist (pitch fluctuation) of the tape that becomes noticeable from around the 3rd song for the first time.
It is easy to understand the difference from the existing one in the interval between songs and the intro of Gimi Shelta.

The SB part is based on an analog record, just like all the previous releases.
The phase is corrected and low frequency noise (hum noise) is removed for a refreshing look.

Aud Rec1 is remastered (roughness is reduced by EQ) from the end of Jumping and supplemented.

Re: Welcome to New York - REMASTERED BY GRAF ZEPPELIN
Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: August 19, 2022 04:40

Thank you!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 19, 2022 06:15

Thank you very much!

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 19, 2022 06:59

Thank You

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 19, 2022 08:34

Thank you.

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: August 19, 2022 08:37

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: August 19, 2022 08:51

Thanks for sharing your silver!

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: August 19, 2022 09:10

Thanks for sharing this one.smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2022 10:49

THX

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 19, 2022 13:04

Thank you!smileys with beer

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: August 19, 2022 13:57

Thanks for this

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: August 19, 2022 14:26

grazie mille

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 19, 2022 16:02

Thank you, has this been done recently?

A similar project was done by watchit years ago.

Edit:

I see it is a recent no label release:

[www.giginjapan.com]

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-19 19:43 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 19, 2022 16:06

thank you

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 19, 2022 16:17

Thanks...I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I bought the LP way back when...

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 19, 2022 18:47

Thank you for sharing your silver with us!

"Gimi Shelta" LOL

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: August 19, 2022 19:11

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 19, 2022 19:22

Rank Stranger

...which then ended up on DAC-065!

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 19, 2022 19:44

Thank you rogerriffin!! smileys with beer

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 19, 2022 19:47

rovalle
Thanks...I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I bought the LP way back when...

How nice those bootleg vinyls, I imagine your joy at that time ... in Argentina they never sold, only copies on cassettes ... we were satisfied with them!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 19, 2022 22:45

thumbs up

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: August 21, 2022 22:33

Rank Stranger

Edit:

I see it is a recent no label release:

[www.giginjapan.com]

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Watchit version
I do not see it in stonesvault

[we.tl]

For comparison

Maybe there should be a thread for old bootlegs we still like? The version I play of this the most is disk 3 of Hell's Stones.

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: August 22, 2022 11:44

Thank you very much indeed

Posted by: exil ()
Date: August 22, 2022 12:18

Thanks a lot Roger.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 23, 2022 23:03

Now also in Stonesvault

1972.07.26 Welcome to New York 72 watchit [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 26, 2022 04:06

stonesmuziekfan
Now also in Stonesvault

If it is TravellinMan's re-up, it's incomplete. Only flacs.

Here's the complete watchit's torrent #414391 if you want to replace it, includes artwork, cuesheet, original info, eac log, and ffp & md5 checksum files, untouched.

Torrent #414391 Rolling Stones - 1972-07-26, New York City - revised reseed, 40th anniversary (aud. + SB mix)

Description

Revised (pitch corrected) reseed for the 40th anniversary of the show.

This is my attempt at improving one of the most famous Rolling Stones bootlegs of all time, TMOQ's "Welcome to New York." Originally released in 1973 on LP, it had great stereo soundboard sound quality of the last show of the Stones' '72 US tour on Mick Jagger's 29th birthday, and a great cover drawn by William Stout. Since then, it has been re-released many times on LP and CD, in varying quality. I tried to use the best available sources for my version. For further info, see [www.rollingstonesnet.com] and [www.rollingstonesnet.com] (scroll way down to VGP-312).

Tracks 1-6 are from a second generation audience recording. Quality is decent for '72; I've heard better and worse. I discovered this tape in 1992, on a Rolling Stones mailing list. The person I got it from got from a friend who was the taper. He told me his friend called Madison Square Garden before the show and asked if it was ok to bring a tape recorder, and they said it was. Of course during the show someone noticed him taping and he had to stop, but somehow he managed to keep what he had recorded to that point. This is all there is. These tracks were transferred to PC in 2001 using a Nakamichi BX-300 tape deck with pitch control and a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. They have since been transferred back and forth between PC and CDR several times, always using EAC. For 2010, I have slowed the pitch 2% compared to the 2007 edition. This sounds more correct to my ears, and matches DAC-065 "Nasty Songs," which is a commercial bootleg of my 2007 torrent.

Tracks 7-15 are from LP. Legend has it that the soundboard tape was stolen from the person recording the show for the Stones. TMOQ's Stones tapes don't circulate, so original vinyl is the best source. I used a red vinyl original with RS-546 REI matrix, played on a Music Hall MMF-7 turntable with an Ortofon OM-20 cartridge, through an Adcom GFP-565 preamp, then into an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card. The transfer was originally done in 2006 and LP surface noise was reduced using Cool Edit Pro 2.1. I also fixed the volume drop at the end of "Midnight Rambler" as much as possible, and rearranged the tracks back to their original running order; TMOQ took it upon themselves to resequence them. For 2007, I have slightly improved the editing and indexing. For 2010, I have slowed the pitch 3% compared to the 2007 edition. This sounds more correct to my ears, and matches DAC-065 "Nasty Songs," which is a commercial bootleg of my 2007 torrent.

Artwork is based on Vinyl Gang's "Welcome to New York" CD, which lifts its art from the original TMOQ LP. Cue sheet is included for playing or burning with CD text.

Please note that the sound on tracks 7-15 is far superior to the best known (as of 2007) CD release which is TSP's CD (and LP) from 1989. That release, also made from an original TMOQ LP, suffers from excessive NoNoise. Yes, it reduces the hiss, but it also sucks all the life out of the music. I did not add on the last few songs from the show (Street Fighting Man, Happy Birthday Mick, and Uptight/Satisfaction) as they are only on a poor quality source which I no longer have.

Presented in in FLAC 1.2.1. Includes cue sheet. First uploaded to TC Feb 2007, and to HC and Dime July 2007, by watchit. Pitch revised Sep 2010; this version uploaded to Dime July 26, 2012 for the 40th anniversary of the concert.

Rolling Stones
July 26, 1972
New York City, Madison Square Garden

01. Brown Sugar
02. Bitch
03. Rocks Off
04. Gimme Shelter
05. Happy
06. Tumbling Dice
07. Love In Vain
08. Sweet Virginia
09. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. All Down The Line
11. Midnight Rambler
12. introductions
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. Rip This Joint
15. Jumping Jack Flash (fades out)

Upped by watchit
Added Fri 27th Jul, 2012 01:09 GMT
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Download link: [we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-26 14:37 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 26, 2022 23:40

gonzalo76
stonesmuziekfan
Now also in Stonesvault

If it is TravellinMan's re-up, it's incomplete. Only flacs.

Here's the complete watchit's torrent #414391 if you want to replace it, includes artwork, cuesheet, original info, eac log, and ffp & md5 checksum files, untouched.

Torrent #414391 Rolling Stones - 1972-07-26, New York City - revised reseed, 40th anniversary (aud. + SB mix)

Description

Revised (pitch corrected) reseed for the 40th anniversary of the show.

This is my attempt at improving one of the most famous Rolling Stones bootlegs of all time, TMOQ's "Welcome to New York." Originally released in 1973 on LP, it had great stereo soundboard sound quality of the last show of the Stones' '72 US tour on Mick Jagger's 29th birthday, and a great cover drawn by William Stout. Since then, it has been re-released many times on LP and CD, in varying quality. I tried to use the best available sources for my version. For further info, see [www.rollingstonesnet.com] and [www.rollingstonesnet.com] (scroll way down to VGP-312).

Tracks 1-6 are from a second generation audience recording. Quality is decent for '72; I've heard better and worse. I discovered this tape in 1992, on a Rolling Stones mailing list. The person I got it from got from a friend who was the taper. He told me his friend called Madison Square Garden before the show and asked if it was ok to bring a tape recorder, and they said it was. Of course during the show someone noticed him taping and he had to stop, but somehow he managed to keep what he had recorded to that point. This is all there is. These tracks were transferred to PC in 2001 using a Nakamichi BX-300 tape deck with pitch control and a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. They have since been transferred back and forth between PC and CDR several times, always using EAC. For 2010, I have slowed the pitch 2% compared to the 2007 edition. This sounds more correct to my ears, and matches DAC-065 "Nasty Songs," which is a commercial bootleg of my 2007 torrent.

Tracks 7-15 are from LP. Legend has it that the soundboard tape was stolen from the person recording the show for the Stones. TMOQ's Stones tapes don't circulate, so original vinyl is the best source. I used a red vinyl original with RS-546 REI matrix, played on a Music Hall MMF-7 turntable with an Ortofon OM-20 cartridge, through an Adcom GFP-565 preamp, then into an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card. The transfer was originally done in 2006 and LP surface noise was reduced using Cool Edit Pro 2.1. I also fixed the volume drop at the end of "Midnight Rambler" as much as possible, and rearranged the tracks back to their original running order; TMOQ took it upon themselves to resequence them. For 2007, I have slightly improved the editing and indexing. For 2010, I have slowed the pitch 3% compared to the 2007 edition. This sounds more correct to my ears, and matches DAC-065 "Nasty Songs," which is a commercial bootleg of my 2007 torrent.

Artwork is based on Vinyl Gang's "Welcome to New York" CD, which lifts its art from the original TMOQ LP. Cue sheet is included for playing or burning with CD text.

Please note that the sound on tracks 7-15 is far superior to the best known (as of 2007) CD release which is TSP's CD (and LP) from 1989. That release, also made from an original TMOQ LP, suffers from excessive NoNoise. Yes, it reduces the hiss, but it also sucks all the life out of the music. I did not add on the last few songs from the show (Street Fighting Man, Happy Birthday Mick, and Uptight/Satisfaction) as they are only on a poor quality source which I no longer have.

Presented in in FLAC 1.2.1. Includes cue sheet. First uploaded to TC Feb 2007, and to HC and Dime July 2007, by watchit. Pitch revised Sep 2010; this version uploaded to Dime July 26, 2012 for the 40th anniversary of the concert.

Rolling Stones
July 26, 1972
New York City, Madison Square Garden

01. Brown Sugar
02. Bitch
03. Rocks Off
04. Gimme Shelter
05. Happy
06. Tumbling Dice
07. Love In Vain
08. Sweet Virginia
09. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. All Down The Line
11. Midnight Rambler
12. introductions
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. Rip This Joint
15. Jumping Jack Flash (fades out)

Upped by watchit
Added Fri 27th Jul, 2012 01:09 GMT
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Download link: [we.tl]

Thanks Gonzalo!

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: August 27, 2022 20:21

Thanks Gonzalo.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 31, 2022 19:22

Somehow I missed the REMASTER BY GRAF ZEPPELIN. Is it available in the Stones Vault or will someone re upload it. Thanks

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 31, 2022 20:47

exilestones
Somehow I missed the REMASTER BY GRAF ZEPPELIN. Is it available in the Stones Vault or will someone re upload it. Thanks

[workupload.com]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home