Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fort Worth Express Multiband_CaptainAcidRemaster
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: August 17, 2022 11:33

ROLLING STONES - CD
FORT WORTH EXPRESS MULTIBAND
LABEL:
Mayflower MF 186-187
SOURCE:
Disc One: Tarrant County Convention Center, Fort Worth 24 June 1972 1st show.
Disc Two: Tarrant County Convention Center, Fort Worth 24 June 1972 2nd show.

Hi Stones fanatics,

i have decided to remaster this one,so here it is. Enjoy

Remastered by Captain Acid, August 2022

Disc One:
1. Gimme Shelter
2. Dead Flowers
3. Happy
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Love In Vain
6. Sweet Virginia
7. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Rip This Joint
10. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
11. Street Fighting Man

Disc Two:
1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Don’t Lie To Me
6. Love In Vain
7. Sweet Virginia
8. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Midnight Rambler
11. Bye Bye Johnny
12. Rip This Joint
13. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
14. Street Fighting Man

[we.tl]

Re: Fort Worth Express Multiband_CaptainAcidRemaster
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: August 17, 2022 11:38

Looking forward to listen to your version!
Thanks

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: August 17, 2022 12:44

StonyRoad
Thanks

Thanks.

You know, i do this for me, if something is bothering me when i listen to it. Since i am a professional musician and work in studios for 42 years now, i think i have learned something there in all those years.
Than i assume there might be someone out there that would like something to sound better, but does not have the skill to do it. So i share it, so those people can enjoy it.
I did not like the mastering on those 2 new Mayflower releases.The bass was thumping and too loud, guitars were too quiet. So i have tried to fix those issues.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 17, 2022 12:54

CaptainAcid
StonyRoad
Thanks

Thanks.

You know, i do this for me, if something is bothering me when i listen to it. Since i am a professional musician and work in studios for 42 years now, i think i have learned something there in all those years.
Than i assume there might be someone out there that would like something to sound better, but does not have the skill to do it. So i share it, so those people can enjoy it.
I did not like the mastering on those 2 new Mayflower releases.The bass was thumping and too loud, guitars were too quiet. So i have tried to fix those issues.

thank your skills are appreciated

and you weren't the only one to take notice of that

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: August 17, 2022 15:10

Thanks Captain. Always appreciate you sharing your remasters.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 17, 2022 15:25

Always the best Captain. Thanks so much.

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: August 17, 2022 16:14

Thank you Captain for all your tremendous work!

Matti from Finland

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: August 17, 2022 17:01

Thanks Cap. I hope the drums now sound as drums and no longer like pots and plans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-17 17:07 by rolling1us.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 17, 2022 19:47

[/quote]

You know, i do this for me, if something is bothering me when i listen to it.

I did not like the mastering on those 2 new Mayflower releases.The bass was thumping and too loud, guitars were too quiet. [/quote]

i very well understand that. for past 30 years or so i have "reworked" many recordings for the same reasons (too much bass, to loud left or right, too much hiss etc) - also just for myself. however since i am neither a musisian nor do i have any real professional equipment (both analog and digital) i very much appreciate your works (well, most of it smiling smiley

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: August 17, 2022 19:55

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: August 17, 2022 21:42

Thanks Captain.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 17, 2022 22:33

thumbs up

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 17, 2022 23:33

Thank u Mi Capitan!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 18, 2022 01:26

Thank you very much Captain! thumbs up

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: August 18, 2022 02:46

Thank you.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: August 18, 2022 05:59

Thanks a lot!
I'll listen carefully since I didn't like that "Multimaster" either, the drums sound like old cans

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 18, 2022 07:37

The cymbals in both releases were very harsh.

CA - Jagger has said that the source tapes are not recorded well, and has used that as one of the reasons he hasn’t released the shows.
Agree?

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: August 18, 2022 12:20

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 18, 2022 16:47

thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2022 10:34

THX

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: August 20, 2022 02:35

Thanks!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 21, 2022 14:23

These sound godawful, like they used one of the countless Ft. Worth 72 re-re-re-remasters released before and processed that further with additional "re-mastering" work applied to it.

This material has been out there for decades from non-processed sources closer to the original master tapes. I recommend to seek out one of the bootleg releases from the early / mid 90s which are less-processed and more natural sounding.

The only DEFINITFE release will be when the Stones release these shows from the original multitracks from the band´s archive, newly mixed and complete. Provided that the Texas 72 tapes still exist, as it appears they are lost or have been dumped during the preparation of the L&G movie in the 70s.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 21, 2022 14:28

Tornandfrayed

This material has been out there for decades from non-processed sources closer to the original master tapes. I recommend to seek out one of the bootleg releases from the early / mid 90s which are less-processed and more natural sounding.

Yeah the old TSP cd's had a warm analog sound despite being mastered with the goddamn awful "No Noise" software which gave a strange "breathing" quality to the music.
The best thing one could hope for is a transfert of the original cassettes that were sold around 1975 for a princely sum.

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 23:36

Great. Thank you.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 22, 2022 00:19

Tornandfrayed
These sound godawful, like they used one of the countless Ft. Worth 72 re-re-re-remasters released before and processed that further with additional "re-mastering" work applied to it.

The only DEFINITFE release will be when the Stones release these shows from the original multitracks from the band´s archive, newly mixed and complete. Provided that the Texas 72 tapes still exist, as it appears they are lost or have been dumped during the preparation of the L&G movie in the 70s.

can you expand on that a bit?

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 22, 2022 02:54

Thank you CaptainAcid!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 22, 2022 13:54

ProfessorWolf
Tornandfrayed

can you expand on that a bit?

Out of all the official archive releases in the last years, L&G was the only one which did not have newly re-mixed audio from the original multis. Which seems strange since there was also a worldwide theatrical release of the movie at the time and the effort to go back to the original tapes would certainly have been appropriate. There was also no bonus material from the Ft. Worth & Houston shows included.

The audio quality of that release has been widely critizised ever since its original release in 2010 and indeed, it compares unfavorably with the other vault releases. It sounds like the soundtrack from the Eagle Rock release (incl. the seperate CD release in 2017) uses the same source as the old VGP bootleg ("You Can´t Do That Baby") as it shows the same defects and identical overall inferior quality, like a reference tape or prelim mixdown of some sort. It appears that they did not have anything better to work with.

I have no inside information but to me, these are strong indicators that there are serious issues with the original source material. I also remember a poster stating some years ago that the original film negatives of the L&G gigs have been lost / dumped / destroyed during the production of the L&G and Cocks*cker Blues movies, the latter also using Houston & Ft. Worth audio. Maybe the audio went missing in the process as well... Again, all of this seems plausible because the official release contained no bonus material and no new audio.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home