Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Best sounding recording from 2022 tour
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 20, 2022 09:08

ONE8UNG
philrock90
Hi may I get a dl link to the Berlin boot please

[www.dimeadozen.org]

?????? confused smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: August 20, 2022 11:11

wupperstein
ONE8UNG
philrock90

[www.dimeadozen.org]

?????? confused smiley

Request from the uploader on that site "Do NOT post elsewhere". It's easy to sign up for an account on Dime.

syrel

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 20, 2022 12:17

syrel
wupperstein
ONE8UNG
philrock90

[www.dimeadozen.org]

?????? confused smiley

Request from the uploader on that site "Do NOT post elsewhere". It's easy to sign up for an account on Dime.

syrel

You are wrong. Dimeadozen registration is closed to new users.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 20, 2022 13:36

daspyknows
wupperstein
Why One8ung doesn't share it to the Stones fan community?
Is he afraid that somebody use it for commercial use?

^ This and the piss poor remaster jobs have kept lots of tapers recordings off of IORR.

It's stuff like this

"The Rolling Stones 2022-07-31 Stockholm,Sweden, Line to individual tracks

I have the bass recording of 'mkk1'.
for those who are not into the high bass,
like me, reworked it.

WAV - bass set to zero - EQ added - normal bass - line aligned - Line to individual tracks - WAV (1.32 Gcool smiley"

[iorr.org]

If only you could stop taking yourself so seriously...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 20, 2022 17:31

silkcut1978_
daspyknows
wupperstein

^ This and the piss poor remaster jobs have kept lots of tapers recordings off of IORR.

It's stuff like this

like me, reworked it.

WAV - bass set to zero - EQ added - normal bass - line aligned - Line to individual tracks - WAV (1.32 Gcool smiley"

[iorr.org]

Go tape it for yourself then. See how well you do and if you do anything half way decent see how you like it when some fool makes a mess of it. Until then enjoy this garbage.

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: August 20, 2022 19:27

daspyknows thumbs down

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: August 20, 2022 19:49

Sometimes uploaders ask that a torrent not be posted elsewhere because the uploader needs to improve a ratio. But it is not the case with one8ung. Ratio is above 1 on dime. I am sorry if my comment on his/her Berlin recording led to the thread being diverted. I do not understand why one and daspy think dime is more fit than iorr. Plenty of bootleggers and remastering on dime.

As a side note. I went looking for daspy stones uploads on dime and found none. I did find an excellent daspy audience recording of Ry Cooder and Roseanne Cash doing Johnny Cash.Highly recommended. Thanks for that.

Back to One/Berlin - it would be a shame if that excellent recording were not in stonesvault.

Date: August 20, 2022 20:21

daspyknows
silkcut1978_
daspyknows
wupperstein

It's stuff like this

like me, reworked it.

[iorr.org]

Go tape it for yourself then. See how well you do and if you do anything half way decent see how you like it when some fool makes a mess of it. Until then enjoy this garbage.

I did quite a few shows from 1976 onwards and honestly I never cared about what others are doing with "my" recordings. I was always above this brain wank. But that's me.

And I NEVER made recordings as good as - for instance - Mike Millard made them. And from what I've heard you didn't make it either. So where does this importance come from? But please take it as a rhetorical question.

Date: August 20, 2022 20:26

^ I no longer post on Dime anymore due to the bootleggers. I have posted stuff on Dime and found it for sale with days (Clapton and Roger Waters recordings). I used to post everything there and once I stopped posting on Dime I stopped seeing my recordings on Ebay and other places which sell recordings.

In terms of remastering my recordings it only has happened here except when I have asked 2 people to fix things on my recordings i.e. removing the screamer in front of me on my Vegas Stones recording. The two people know what they are doing and don't just remove bass because they do not like bass.

silkcut1978_
daspyknows
silkcut1978_
daspyknows
wupperstein

It's stuff like this

like me, reworked it.

[iorr.org]

I did quite a few shows from 1976 onwards and honestly I never cared about what others are doing with "my" recordings. I was always above this brain wank. But that's me.

And I NEVER made recordings as good as - for instance - Mike Millard made them. And from what I've heard you didn't make it either. So where does this importance come from? But please take it as a rhetorical question.

You do you. If you don't really care what is done with your recordings I don't either. What exactly have you recorded? Mike Millard didn't release a lot of his recordings while he was alive but they are now seeing the light of day due to his mom allowing old friends access to them. After I am dead I won't care either but until then I don't want my recordings sold anymore. Its happened too many times and I also don't want the hack job remasters. Other tapers feel the same way but don't bother saying anything, they just do not share publicly. I have no problem speaking up for myself and them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-20 20:34 by daspyknows.

Date: August 20, 2022 22:38

daspyknows
^ I no longer post on Dime anymore due to the bootleggers. I have posted stuff on Dime and found it for sale with days (Clapton and Roger Waters recordings). I used to post everything there and once I stopped posting on Dime I stopped seeing my recordings on Ebay and other places which sell recordings.

In terms of remastering my recordings it only has happened here except when I have asked 2 people to fix things on my recordings i.e. removing the screamer in front of me on my Vegas Stones recording. The two people know what they are doing and don't just remove bass because they do not like bass.

silkcut1978_
daspyknows
silkcut1978_
daspyknows
wupperstein

It's stuff like this

like me, reworked it.

[iorr.org]

You do you. If you don't really care what is done with your recordings I don't either. What exactly have you recorded? Mike Millard didn't release a lot of his recordings while he was alive but they are now seeing the light of day due to his mom allowing old friends access to them. After I am dead I won't care either but until then I don't want my recordings sold anymore. Its happened too many times and I also don't want the hack job remasters. Other tapers feel the same way but don't bother saying anything, they just do not share publicly. I have no problem speaking up for myself and them.

Don't get me wrong - I've no problem with your decision and I respect it. But it seems to me that I've been reading about it (your decision) now for about 5 years? Sorry if I'm wrong. But what's the point to announce it over and over again? Tape, be happy with the recordings but behave like an English gentleman and don't talk about it - at least not that often. I think right now EVERYONE knows your position anyway. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-20 22:39 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: August 21, 2022 09:56

wupperstein
syrel
wupperstein
ONE8UNG
philrock90

[www.dimeadozen.org]

?????? confused smiley

syrel

Apologies, didn't realise this. I wonder why?

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 12:03

syrel
wupperstein
syrel
wupperstein
ONE8UNG
philrock90

[www.dimeadozen.org]

?????? confused smiley

syrel

Apologies, didn't realise this. I wonder why?

Access on DIME has always been quite limited.

Date: August 21, 2022 12:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-21 18:07 by GivenToFly15.

Posted by: mickeyjaggar ()
Date: August 21, 2022 12:16

I have downloaded not every single recording but many 2020 tour shows. My two cents is that daspknows’s recordings particularly stand out. He successfully captured the highs and lows in so much details with MK41Vs BabyNbox combo from the pits. His recordings never ever fail to amaze me but these four recordings he made during this tour find the special place in my stones collection. It is safe to say that no other recordings can hold a candle to the real thing.

Yes sometime I remaster his recording by removing clapping, screaming, and either normalizing or boosting the particular spectrum with various kinds of special software largely because I want to enjoy listening to his recording on the mobile audio devices like Sony Walkman on my way to work, and I never want to nor find it necessary to share my remastered version with anybody else. I just want to do remaster his or others purely for my listening pleasure on my private time and space.

Amsterdam show is so perfect even with annoying clapping and screaming here and there. It is one of these recordings any taper wish to make. This recording does not need extra sources of IEM feeds….

Posted by: CHRISTIANF ()
Date: August 21, 2022 12:53

Yes I'm interesting
Thanks

Posted by: CHRISTIANF ()
Date: August 21, 2022 12:53

CHRISTIANF
Yes I'm interesting
Thanks

Posted by: ONE8UNG ()
Date: August 21, 2022 13:36

GivenToFly15
Offer for today only: I will send a private link to the One8ung recording to anyone interested. Put your email below.

donotpostelsewhere@gmail.com

Thanks

Posted by: spidey39 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 15:25

Date: August 21, 2022 15:54

ONE8UNG
GivenToFly15
Offer for today only: I will send a private link to the One8ung recording to anyone interested. Put your email below.

Thanks

Emailing a private link is not "posting", unless you think so (in that case, I will stop obviously).

Date: August 21, 2022 16:41

GivenToFly15
ONE8UNG
GivenToFly15

Thanks

Emailing a private link is not "posting", unless you think so (in that case, I will stop obviously).

...it is recorded with the intention of sharing it on the sites I select myself!

Date: August 21, 2022 16:45

Again, "sharing on a site" is not private emailing. Whatever dude, thanks for the recording.

Date: August 21, 2022 17:00

And it also don't say it is recorded with the intention of sharing it by private emailing by GivenToFly15 dude.

Date: August 21, 2022 17:44

It's a free world, as far as I know. Bye

Posted by: gerritr ()
Date: August 21, 2022 17:52

Yes I'm interesting
Thanks

g.reinders@gmail.com

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 21, 2022 18:01

All the problems in the world and we're fighting over concert recordingsconfused smiley Both sides make a good argument. The tapers are doing the work to make something great, that's really cool. The other side (including myself) just download it. To be honest I can uderstand how that looks. I'm not going to make excuses but I would gladly compensate some of these tapers in some way if I knew them and could reach out. Maybe I'd buy you some beers or a meal, I don't know. Sometimes I share pieces of my collection to friends. I gave a VIP bag to someone that was a stranger at the time, now at least we've hung out at a few concerts. Doesn't have to be anything more than that in my opinion. But what really upsets me is when tapers that don't want to share advertise they have or know of great recordings. Again, please don't do that unless you intend on spreading the wealth. Sure, it's your business what you want to do with these tapes. But please let's not have our own little war going on about it.

Date: August 21, 2022 18:29

GivenToFly15

Congratulations... enjoy the last Stones recording I will ever share.

Bye

Date: August 21, 2022 21:58

ONE8UNG
GivenToFly15

Bye

My thoughts too. Especially with what else I learned today.

Date: August 21, 2022 22:01

mickeyjaggar
I have downloaded not every single recording but many 2020 tour shows. My two cents is that daspknows’s recordings particularly stand out. He successfully captured the highs and lows in so much details with MK41Vs BabyNbox combo from the pits. His recordings never ever fail to amaze me but these four recordings he made during this tour find the special place in my stones collection. It is safe to say that no other recordings can hold a candle to the real thing.

Yes sometime I remaster his recording by removing clapping, screaming, and either normalizing or boosting the particular spectrum with various kinds of special software largely because I want to enjoy listening to his recording on the mobile audio devices like Sony Walkman on my way to work, and I never want to nor find it necessary to share my remastered version with anybody else. I just want to do remaster his or others purely for my listening pleasure on my private time and space.

Amsterdam show is so perfect even with annoying clapping and screaming here and there. It is one of these recordings any taper wish to make. This recording does not need extra sources of IEM feeds….

This..... ^.

Date: August 21, 2022 22:46

ONE8UNG
GivenToFly15

Bye

Congratulations, you needed an excuse to be upset about this whole "music is circulating" situation - and you found it. Newsflash: bootleggers bootleg and music tends to spread, especially at the age of the Internet. Regarding music, that's the beauty of it. By the way, I never intended to break your rule and I stopped even though your answer was never clear.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 21, 2022 23:25

daspyknows
mickeyjaggar

This..... ^.

my favorite of his recordings was las vegas last year

it was a long wait for it but worth it

fantastic job with it

and thanks for sharing what you have shared

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home