Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: POST: The Rolling Stones 2022-07-23 Paris - AUD by fdajef
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 28, 2022 20:12

daspyknows
gotdablouse
fdajef
gotdablouse
Great recording fdajef, best of the tour so far IMHO ! Did you hide the recorder under a cap on your head or something ? There's none of that "muting" that generally comes with internal mics recording. You were not happy with your Lyon recording, what did you change between the two ? If you'd rather reply by email mine is not hidden. My recording of Lyon is in the expert hands of Stonyroad so maybe he can work some magic on it ;-)

Anyway thanks to all involved for sharing especially since I had to give this concert a miss unfortunately.

I simply set the level manually.
I kept the recorder in my hand, being in the front row, I had no interference.
The two microphones were protected by foam (there was no wind, otherwise I would have had to take out the windscreen and that's not discreet at all)

That's the way to go but it must have felt like a long time holding the device and being worried that security might ask you what you were doing ;-)

Hand holding is tough for a variety of reasons. Having external mics that can be worn is a lot easier and effective as long as movement is limited. In my early taping days we used to hand hold full body mics which was really hard.
We evolved and upgraded to modular mics with active cables. The way I do it now security, crew and those around me have no idea I am recording. That's how I was able to record Hyde Park 2 right next to the sound/lighting board utilizing their fencing to avoid a crowd crush and Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter next to and underneath one of the video camera/crew.

Well, maybe you should reconsider writing the book others suggested you... I certainly would be interested in reading it. You are btw a good story teller!

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: July 28, 2022 20:20

gotdablouse
fdajef
gotdablouse
Great recording fdajef, best of the tour so far IMHO ! Did you hide the recorder under a cap on your head or something ? There's none of that "muting" that generally comes with internal mics recording. You were not happy with your Lyon recording, what did you change between the two ? If you'd rather reply by email mine is not hidden. My recording of Lyon is in the expert hands of Stonyroad so maybe he can work some magic on it ;-)

Anyway thanks to all involved for sharing especially since I had to give this concert a miss unfortunately.

The two microphones were protected by foam (there was no wind, otherwise I would have had to take out the windscreen and that's not discreet at all)

That's the way to go but it must have felt like a long time holding the device and being worried that security might ask you what you were doing ;-)

The recorder in left hand, and my phone in right hand...
[www.youtube.com]

I think I was in a second state, especially as the organisation was difficult and despite the early entry there was a lot of tension to get to the pit and find your place, especially for those who had arrived like us at 8am...

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: July 28, 2022 20:22

daspyknows
gotdablouse
fdajef
gotdablouse

Hand holding is tough for a variety of reasons. Having external mics that can be worn is a lot easier and effective as long as movement is limited. In my early taping days we used to hand hold full body mics which was really hard.
We evolved and upgraded to modular mics with active cables. The way I do it now security, crew and those around me have no idea I am recording. That's how I was able to record Hyde Park 2 right next to the sound/lighting board utilizing their fencing to avoid a crowd crush and Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter next to and underneath one of the video camera/crew.

You can't compare. I can' compete smileys with beer

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: August 5, 2022 17:56

Please someone may repost ? Thanks very much.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 18:09

INDIANO
Please someone may repost ? Thanks very much.

[we.tl]

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: August 5, 2022 18:11

Thanks gonzalo, very fast !!!!!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home