Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Post: The Rolling Stones 2022-07-19 Groupama Stadium,Lyon,France
Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:34

Hi Stones fans

YouTube of 'Denis Gourgues' with very high bass I have tried
tried to get it brighter not succeeded the sound changed
changed. It is still a little bassy but better.
Is the hall very dark ?

WAV to Flac reworked.

[we.tl]

01 Street Fighting Man
02 Let’s Spend The Night Together
03 Tumbling Dice
04 Out Of Time
05 Dead Flowers
06 Angie
07 You Can't Always Get What You Want
08 Living Ia A Ghost Town
09 Honky Tonk Women
10 Band introductions
11 You Got The Silver
12 Happy
13 Miss You
14 Midnight Rambler
15 Paint it black
16 Start Me Up
17 Sympathy For The Devil
18 Jumping Jack Flash
19 Satisfaction

Heater in Berlin ?
rsKinno

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-20 19:39 by rskinno.

Re: Post: The Rolling Stones 2022-07-19 Groupama Stadium,Lyon,France
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: July 20, 2022 19:47

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 20, 2022 20:01

Thank you!

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: July 20, 2022 21:34

Thank you rskinno!smileys with beer

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 20, 2022 21:56

thumbs up

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: July 20, 2022 22:31

grazie mille - I was there

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: July 20, 2022 23:00

thank you very much ! I was here yesterday, try to record with a little tascam with limitation option, but the sound seems to be very saturated... will retry sunday in Pit A at Longchamps with manual level...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 21, 2022 02:19

fdajef
thank you very much ! I was here yesterday, try to record with a little tascam with limitation option, but the sound seems to be very saturated... will retry sunday in Pit A at Longchamps with manual level...

Was going to ask you how your recording had come along ;-) What Tascam did you use ? The trick is positioning of the mics (on top of their quality of course), ideally you can use these stealthy mics inserted into glasses to have an unobstructed "view" but that requires quite some work. I believe that's what expert tapers like daspyknows do.

Just got back home after traveling and listening to my recording and it sounds pretty good, will edit and post later today or tomorrow.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 21, 2022 02:54

fdajef

i would love to hear your audio imperfect as it is

if your willing to share

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: July 21, 2022 04:35

Thank you.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 21, 2022 04:49

gotdablouse
fdajef

Was going to ask you how your recording had come along ;-) What Tascam did you use ? The trick is positioning of the mics (on top of their quality of course), ideally you can use these stealthy mics inserted into glasses to have an unobstructed "view" but that requires quite some work. I believe that's what expert tapers like daspyknows do.

Just got back home after traveling and listening to my recording and it sounds pretty good, will edit and post later today or tomorrow.

The Schoeps are too big to wear on glasses but you have the right idea. The internal microphones are fine for dictation but for rock concerts they are hit or miss and mostly miss.

If anything, run with low gain and if necessary boost levels in post (which is different from the remastering nonsense). My raw recordings typically peak at -6db to -12db and then are boosted 4 to 10 db prior to tracking.

On a related note there is a good source to Lyon recorded with Neumanns. Not sure what the taper's plans are.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 21, 2022 05:03

daspyknows
gotdablouse
fdajef

The Schoeps are too big to wear on glasses but you have the right idea. The internal microphones are fine for dictation but for rock concerts they are hit or miss and mostly miss.

If anything, run with low gain and if necessary boost levels in post (which is different from the remastering nonsense). My raw recordings typically peak at -6db to -12db and then are boosted 4 to 10 db prior to tracking.

On a related note there is a good source to Lyon recorded with Neumanns. Not sure what the taper's plans are.

If/when you retire please put together a YouTube video on the tricks of the trade--have always wanted to know how people do it. Or is that sort of the like the Masked Magician giving away magic tricks?

Date: July 21, 2022 05:23

Justin
daspyknows
gotdablouse
fdajef

If/when you retire please put together a YouTube video on the tricks of the trade--have always wanted to know how people do it. Or is that sort of the like the Masked Magician giving away magic tricks?

Can't disclose methods and tactics like that. Like you say with magicians giving away the tricks. I have had many say I should write a book but I respond the same way.

A big part of it is doing intel beforehand and being mentally on my A game. In the whole scheme of things taping in Europe is easy. Security is lax and most of the crowds are better. I was warned Rock Werchter was impossible to get gear into and to tape. It was easy. A typical theater show at home is a bigger challenge.

Date: July 21, 2022 11:12

" The internal microphones are fine for dictation but for rock concerts they are hit or miss and mostly miss."

Yeah the problem is placement, unless you put the device on your cap or something but that's pretty conspicuous ! In a pocket it's going to be muffled. In 2014 I had velcrod a tiny 720p cam to the tip of my cap and I was able to keep it running until 15' before the end incredibly when I was told to remove it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: July 21, 2022 16:41

daspyknows

it's here: [iorr.org]

Date: July 21, 2022 18:31

gotdablouse
" The internal microphones are fine for dictation but for rock concerts they are hit or miss and mostly miss."

Yeah the problem is placement, unless you put the device on your cap or something but that's pretty conspicuous ! In a pocket it's going to be muffled. In 2014 I had velcrod a tiny 720p cam to the tip of my cap and I was able to keep it running until 15' before the end incredibly when I was told to remove it.

It's more than placement. In a $300 /Euro / GBP recorder the microphones are maybe $20 of value. Each of the Schoeps/Neumann/DPA microphone capsules cost at least and possibly triple the cost of the entire recorder before adding in the other components. Placement is critical, don't get me wrong, but a microphone that is used in recording studios to record music is going to make for a better quality recording. Many sound engineers thing us tapers are crazy for using Schoeps in the field because they are usually treated more carefully.

Date: July 22, 2022 11:32

Hi everybody,
I am really ashamed of the result. But I assume... So here it is.
Tomorrow in PIT A, I hope to get a better result.

For info my recorder is a TASCAM FR-05X.
I thought that the "limiter" function would avoid saturation

[wetransfer.com]

Date: July 22, 2022 11:34

gotdablouse
fdajef

TAXCAM DR-05x

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 22, 2022 12:10

fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

Well first of all, it was your first try to record, right?
So, most important: Congratulations that you made everything work.
And damn, the conditions under which you did that weren't easy at all.

Lower recording level to avoid distortions is the main thing you have to correct. A lower level should deliver you a good recording.

Audience noise is always an issue, which you can't solve with internal mics, because the mics will always end up below your collar.

But I consider this a good start for you, even if you are a bit disappointed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 13:47 by falo01.

Date: July 22, 2022 12:30

Yeah you'd have to strap to your strap or something ;-) Did you have it in a breast pocket maybe ? I used to do that with a Zoom H1 but it was always pretty muffled.

--------------

Date: July 22, 2022 19:25

Error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 19:26 by fdajef.

Date: July 22, 2022 19:26

falo01
fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

Lower recording level to avoid distortions is the main thing you have to correct. A lower level should deliver you a good recording.

Audience noise is always an issue, which you can't solve with internal mics, because the mics will always end up below your collar.

This means I have to choose a manual setting and watch that the level does not saturate. Thanks! That's what I'll test tomorrow. And thanks for the encouragement!

Date: July 22, 2022 19:44

fdajef
falo01
fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

This means I have to choose a manual setting and watch that the level does not saturate. Thanks! That's what I'll test tomorrow. And thanks for the encouragement!

^ This. Test levels in opener and set peaks to -12db and you will have the best odds of success. I do not know the DR-05X but with the DR-2D that I use there is a dual level mode where it records 2 versions at different volumes. I rarely use it except when running an IEM feed but in your case it may help if available.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 22, 2022 20:45

Thanks for taping and sharing your recording here fdajef!
I appreciate the effort and generosity.
Good luck for tomorrow's concert!

Date: July 22, 2022 21:15

daspyknows
fdajef
falo01
fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

^ This. Test levels in opener and set peaks to -12db and you will have the best odds of success. I do not know the DR-05X but with the DR-2D that I use there is a dual level mode where it records 2 versions at different volumes. I rarely use it except when running an IEM feed but in your case it may help if available.

fdajef, I don't know how tascam works and if you have to tape with a manual setting or if you can use a fixed one on a low level.
On my mics, I have to fix my volume control wheel with duct tape, just to make sure level doesn't change during recording. My volume is usually only at 30-40% to
make sure there are no distortions. My first recording was at 100% and it sounded like yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-22 21:15 by falo01.

Date: July 22, 2022 22:42

falo01
daspyknows
fdajef
falo01
fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

fdajef, I don't know how tascam works and if you have to tape with a manual setting or if you can use a fixed one on a low level.
On my mics, I have to fix my volume control wheel with duct tape, just to make sure level doesn't change during recording. My volume is usually only at 30-40% to
make sure there are no distortions. My first recording was at 100% and it sounded like yours.

Thx so much !
Je vais avoir la pression demain, avec tous vos conseils, je n'ai plus le droit à l'erreur
(LOL)

Posted by: Redstone5 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:00

Thanks!!! Gracias por compartir el show!!

Date: July 23, 2022 00:02

fdajef
Thx so much !
Je vais avoir la pression demain, avec tous vos conseils, je n'ai plus le droit à l'erreur
(LOL)

Just Relax.
Je déteste la langue française depuis l'école, lol.

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: July 23, 2022 00:49

fdajef
Hi everybody,

[wetransfer.com]

thank you fdajef !! sharing your recording is valuable for everyone!! smileys with beer

Date: July 23, 2022 07:19

So, I read the tascam dr-05x yesterday night :

Automatic peak reduction function automatically reduces the level suitably when the input level is too high

Automatic level control can increase or decrease the recording volume when the input sound is too quiet or loud iLimiter function automatically reduces the level suitably in parts when the input level is too high

Low cut filter convenient for reducing low-frequency noise

Limiter function automatically reduces the level suitably in parts when the input level is too high

at Lyon, i only used the last one (limiter).
if someone can advise me on the other functions available, it would be cool

Just send me your answer by mail, I'll go now to Longchamps
jeff.pillet@gmail.com

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home