Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: 20220707 Paint It Black in Amsterdam - MultiCam & IEM Audio [BTG]
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 10, 2022 11:23

Hi.

It's only Paint It Black, but when this IEM audio appeared on YT, I couldn't resist to compile a MultiCam video.

Sources:
Videos from the following YT uploaders:
Gerard Joling, Mr.GroeneSjakie, Shonana and Geertje Hoogland
IEM Audio from the YT uploader: ONE8UNG (8UNGONE)

Enjoy

[we.tl] (good for a few days)

Re: Post: 20220707 Paint It Black in Amsterdam - MultiCam & IEM Audio [BTG]
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 10, 2022 13:13

I really hope he will share the complte recording. Sounds really good!!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 10, 2022 14:09

thumbs up

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: July 10, 2022 15:07

Nice one , hope the guy will upload the whole gig.
That's cool being here smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-10 15:08 by 5strings.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 10, 2022 16:02

Holy moly. There is some need of AI to change the channel separations (get the drums in the center etc.), but what a raw version!

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: July 10, 2022 20:29

Many thanks and yes this sounds amazing. Praying that the whole show appears.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: July 10, 2022 21:02

ONE8UNG (8UNGONE) is one of my favourites tapers! thumbs up
Thank you very much!

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: July 10, 2022 22:46

Thanks a lot real cool stuff fantastic

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: July 11, 2022 02:15

Thank you.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 11, 2022 02:18

Nice work! Thanks

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 11, 2022 08:02

From the taper on YT:
"Do you think it make sense to tape only 5 minutes from a concert?"
thumbs up

Date: July 11, 2022 19:27

falo01
Holy moly. There is some need of AI to change the channel separations (get the drums in the center etc.), but what a raw version!

Absolutely. This needs to be run through DeMix Pro…assuming the taper releases the whole thing rather than sits on it.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 12, 2022 10:35

THX
good job

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 18:52

no stone unturned
falo01

Absolutely. This needs to be run through DeMix Pro…assuming the taper releases the whole thing rather than sits on it.

Problem may be that we have no stereo sound in guitars.
We may need a good AUD to mix in to get som,e stereo effectr.
Well, time will tell....

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2022 19:56

Thanks BT2G!

Posted by: ONE8UNG ()
Date: July 15, 2022 13:43

Thanks for asking... thumbs up

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 15, 2022 14:02

ONE8UNG

Unfortunately, I did not know that you are active here and that it is not right for you to use your very good recording. So here's my apology for using it. I've deleted the upload.

Date: July 15, 2022 14:30

BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

Unfortunately, I did not know that you are active here and that it is not right for you to use your very good recording. So here's my apology for using it. I've deleted the upload.

To be fair, there's not a lot of oppotunity to ask as there are no contact details. Nobody really knows if you intend to put this recording out or not, or just this one track for whatever reason. I know people could ask publicly on YouTube but I imagine it's a bit uncomfortable and annoying to keep getting "are you going to release this?" or "can I use this?" messages.

Personally, it would be nice I think if you were to release this as it's a really good recording and nice to have an IEM recording from a tour which unfortunately has so few good recordings at present. Sitting on good recordings is a drag for everyone involved, fans and tapers alike.

Before anyone asks - I've recorded plently and lots of my Stones recordings and other artists are in people's collections - everything I've ever taped is out there in one form or another, I just don't want any personal credit or recognition for it, nor would I ever sit on anything. What's the point? It's only music and if I had the good fortune to capture something that others would enjoy, go ahead. :-)

If you want help doing a stereo demix, I'd be more than happy to help. :-)

Date: July 15, 2022 14:40

no stone unturned
BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

To be fair, there's not a lot of oppotunity to ask as there are no contact details. Nobody really knows if you intend to put this recording out or not, or just this one track for whatever reason. I know people could ask publicly on YouTube but I imagine it's a bit uncomfortable and annoying to keep getting "are you going to release this?" or "can I use this?" messages.

Personally, it would be nice I think if you were to release this as it's a really good recording and nice to have an IEM recording from a tour which unfortunately has so few good recordings at present. Sitting on good recordings is a drag for everyone involved, fans and tapers alike.

Before anyone asks - I've recorded plently and lots of my Stones recordings and other artists are in people's collections - everything I've ever taped is out there in one form or another, I just don't want any personal credit or recognition for it, nor would I ever sit on anything. What's the point? It's only music and if I had the good fortune to capture something that others would enjoy, go ahead. :-)

I don't have any plans to release my audience or IEM recording yet, because I wasn't the only taper that evening and I don't know yet if a matrix will be worked on.
But i'm also not very happy what happened with my Amsterdam 2017 recording... Silver Disc pressings and multicam mixes on YT (even with wrong credits).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-15 14:41 by ONE8UNG.

Date: July 15, 2022 14:51

ONE8UNG
no stone unturned
BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

I don't have any plans to release my audience or IEM recording yet, because I wasn't the only taper that evening and I don't know yet if a matrix will be worked on.
But i'm also not very happy what happened with my Amsterdam 2017 recording... Silver Disc pressings and multicam mixes on YT (even with wrong credits).

Fair enough. I think that clarification is key.
I do think that internetland is the Wild West though - as soon as you post something, it's out there. I know that's not great, but it's still better that things get out there than not, and the cream rises to the top (I'm not sure why, surely it should sink to the bottom?) but the bad remaster jobs and the MP3 and YouTube videos get forgotten quickly. A high quality master recording that just does it's job and doesn't require any personal ego of the taper or demands for credit or regognition - as I see a lot of tapers wanting these days - those are the things that last. Just my thoughts. :-)

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 15, 2022 14:53

ONE8UNG
no stone unturned
BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

But I'm very sad that we can't enjoy the good concert with excellent sound.I'll accept it, it is your decision.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: July 15, 2022 15:51

no stone unturned
Fair enough. I think that clarification is key.

I do think that internetland is the Wild West though - as soon as you post something, it's out there. I know that's not great, but it's still better that things get out there than not, and the cream rises to the top (I'm not sure why, surely it should sink to the bottom?) but the bad remaster jobs and the MP3 and YouTube videos get forgotten quickly. A high quality master recording that just does it's job and doesn't require any personal ego of the taper or demands for credit or regognition - as I see a lot of tapers wanting these days - those are the things that last. Just my thoughts. :-)
I see where you are coming from. I have also experienced others taking content I created (video footage, music mixes, etc) and using it without giving credit. It used to really annoy me, but now not so much anymore. Most people mean well - they are just really enthusiastic and use the material without thinking about crediting people. Inconsiderate perhaps, but not malicious, and sometimes it's led to some really cool creations. A few times I've reached out to these people and they almost always were quick to apologize and give me credit afterwards. The thing that I do still find annoying is when people pretend that they created the original material, but that's relatively rare in my experience. Other than that, what I think is really not done is taking someone's work and putting it up for sale, as ONE8UNG mentions happened with his Amsterdam 2017 recording.

In any case, I get your frustration, but also hope you will eventually decide to release the recording or let others use it, ONE8UNG. It's been too long since we've heard such a good IEM.

Posted by: strapacross ()
Date: July 16, 2022 02:19

Any chance of someone reposting this ? - it sounds real good, and of great interest to me ! ... (I just saw this, only 5 days after the initial message, and already "transfer expired" ! sad smiley ... (my one complaint with wetransfer, is transfers expire too quickly ! - 2 weeks would be good)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 16, 2022 02:49

ONE8UNG
no stone unturned
BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

That's my frustrations as well. I did both Hyde Park, Amsterdam and Brussels. I can pretty much guarantee that within 48 hours of release someone will be making silvers.

ONE8UNG message me. I am sure a matrix of your IEM and my audience would make something spectacular.

Date: July 16, 2022 04:19

daspyknows
ONE8UNG

That's my frustrations as well. I did both Hyde Park, Amsterdam and Brussels. I can pretty much guarantee that within 48 hours of release someone will be making silvers.

ONE8UNG message me. I am sure a matrix of your IEM and my audience would make something spectacular.

Did sent you a message at the taperssection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-16 04:36 by ONE8UNG.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 16, 2022 04:34

daspyknows
ONE8UNG
no stone unturned
BlueTurns2Grey
ONE8UNG

now that sounds like a really good idea!smiling smiley

and thanks again for what you have decided to share one8ung and amasterdam 2017 as well

i've really enjoyed that one

if you do end up making a matrix with dapsy's recording and decide not to share the whole thing

i hope you can at least just share paint it black again

i'd love to hear the results in comparison to your original post

also i hope someones able to get a good iem and audience recording of berlin

because given there age whether they intend it or not it could be there last show

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home