Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vigotone info needed
Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: June 29, 2022 17:49

Heyyyy, All,

Unfortunately, vigotone.com is gone. I really enjoyed going through their very detailed descriptions of Vigotone releases back in the days.

A site dedicated to Beatles bootlegs wonderfully preserved info regarding all Beatles related Vigotone releases. link: Vigotone - Beatleg

Unfortunately, it seems that with the Vigotone website now deleted, all info on Stones releases on this label is gone forever. I hope I am proven wrong and someone somewhere managed to save all that information on all Vigotone releases...

If my memory serves me well, the Voodoo Residue double CD had three different versions, them being the factory pressed CD and two CD-Rs (one gold and one silver).

Does anyone have detailed information on this particular release (Voodoo Residue)?

Frankie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 17:55 by frenki09.

Re: Vigotone info needed
Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 29, 2022 19:18

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 29, 2022 19:27

frenki09

If my memory serves me well, the Voodoo Residue double CD had three different versions, them being the factory pressed CD and two CD-Rs (one gold and one silver).

Does anyone have detailed information on this particular release (Voodoo Residue)?

IIrc correctly the cd-r release(s) was the original (us made) one.
The "silver" one was a knock-off by European (Dutch?) bootleggers.

Date: June 29, 2022 19:31

Date: June 29, 2022 20:10

dcba
frenki09

IIrc correctly the cd-r release(s) was the original (us made) one.
The "silver" one was a knock-off by European (Dutch?) bootleggers.

Thanks a lot! The link is not as detailed as the information was on the original Vigotone site, but it's great that at least we have this. So the listing on discogs is a bootleg of the bootleg. There are more than three different CD-R releases... (Pressed on Gold CDR w. label, w/o label and CDR.) Hmm. I think I've got the silver one without label.

My favourite bootleg label. As far as I am concerned, the three Voodoo sets are the holy grails of all studio bootlegs.

Date: June 29, 2022 22:12

Yes, I have them all, the original releases. Voodoo Brew Voodoo Stew and Voodoo Residue.
I believe it was one disc on Brew that started showing signs of rot.
Yes, these 3 sets are in my top 10.

In no particular order:

Brew, Stew and Residue

Handsome Girls, 4 disc live set from 1978

Sweet Home NYC from 1998. Strictly as a quality audience release.

Hampton 81 from the Pay Per View

Sweet Home Toronto, 1999

07/07/90 Urban Jungle a soundboard from England

Some Girls Vol 1 and 2 , also a Vigotone release.

Voodoo Edo Japan 95

Everything But The Cobra from Johannesburg in 95.

Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: June 30, 2022 04:13

I dunno if this helps but here is a something you might find interesting:

[web.archive.org]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2022 13:04

Thanks for the link, and nice to reread the liner notes from "our own" GM :

"Stone Glimmerman
February 1998".

Have all three sets too, love them ! Got the first two direct from Vigotone in 95 and 96, can't remember how I ordered them exactly after getting a catalogue somehow. did I send some $ in the mail ? Don't think so as I definitely remember going to my bank to convert 500FF into 75$ in 1997 for the "Bridges to Babylon Tapes" ripoff by the Dutch thief Hans Mulders.

I remember the "Voodoo Rot" story, I thought it affected the VR CD-Rs though, could be wrong.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 30, 2022 15:43

Rot10Crotch
I dunno if this helps but here is a something you might find interesting:

[web.archive.org]

That's really cool! Thanks a lot. Slightly more detailed than the previous link.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home