Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Post: Fragile
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 20, 2022 21:50

Nico has restored "Don’t Want Somebody Else" as coming from the 1993 2nd Barbados session.

RE the track Glimmerman has shared : "Fragile (Like China) (MJ/KR) -title to be confirmed, might come from another session"

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 21, 2022 01:32

dcba
ProfessorWolf

but the little riff keith keeps playing sounds somewhat similar to the one he plays in los trios guitaros from 77

Yes that's the track I had in mind but I couldn't find the title. thumbs up

great minds think a likewinking smiley

Date: June 22, 2022 05:27

seriously glimmerman can you give us a hint of where this came from?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 23, 2022 16:12

"Fragile (like china)" has been added to the "Rarest Tracks" topic with a permanent download link : [iorr.org] with due credit to glimmerman, thanks again for sharing !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: June 23, 2022 18:54

Good day all. I am very happy so many people are enjoying this track so much. I know nothing of its genesis.

What I DO know, is that the person or persons who "released" the Fully Finished Outtakes were seriously misguided as to the most important tracks to include.

"Stroke me darling"

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 19:01

well let's hope they aren't fully finished releasing fully finished outtakes.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 23, 2022 20:28

I can't believe I missed this.
Any chance of a re-upload?

Date: June 23, 2022 23:05

Yeah, a permanent link was posted two messages above yours...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: June 23, 2022 23:09

gotdablouse
Yeah, a permanent link was posted two messages above yours...

Thank you, much appreciated.

Date: June 24, 2022 00:35

glimmerman
Good day all. I am very happy so many people are enjoying this track so much. I know nothing of its genesis.

What I DO know, is that the person or persons who "released" the Fully Finished Outtakes were seriously misguided as to the most important tracks to include.

"Stroke me darling"

are you saying that you know that this person or persons has more great unheard outtakes?

Date: June 24, 2022 06:26

I think we all know that (it was made fairly clear that there was at least one more 3CD set planned for release and possibly a second one) but that won't help to make them see the light of day ;-)

--------------

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 24, 2022 11:11

To me, Fragile like China is from the same Voodoo Lounge writing sessions that was releases some time ago. Four sets of quite unlistenable stuff with a drum computer.

Mathijs

Date: June 24, 2022 11:33

I'll "stretch" things a bit but imho this new track shows how incompetent Don Was was at picking the best song demos for the VL finished album.

"Fragile", if it had been worked on and developed, would have been a much better choice than say "Sweethearts Together".

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: June 24, 2022 18:23

dcba
I'll "stretch" things a bit but imho this new track shows how incompetent Don Was was at picking the best song demos for the VL finished album.

"Fragile", if it had been worked on and developed, would have been a much better choice than say "Sweethearts Together".

from wikipedia
"Don Was, noted for his retro rock production sensibilities, was reportedly responsible for pushing the band towards more conventional territory in an attempt to reproduce the archetypal "Rolling Stones" sound. Although this approach pleased critics and the Stones rock-oriented fan base, Jagger in particular expressed some dissatisfaction with Was's aesthetic, commenting in a 1995 interview with Rolling Stone:

... there were a lot of things that we wrote for Voodoo Lounge that Don steered us away from: groove songs, African influences and things like that. And he steered us very clear of all that. And I think it was a mistake.[3]

Was responded that he was not "anti-groove, just anti-groove without substance, in the context of this album. They had a number of great grooves. But it was like, 'OK, what goes on top of it? Where does it go?' I just felt that it's not what people were looking for from the Stones. I was looking for a sign that they can get real serious about this, still play better than anybody and write better than anybody.""

Hearing the writing sessions and outtakes, there was potential for a very different album.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:26

gotdablouse
"Fragile (like china)" has been added to the "Rarest Tracks" topic with a permanent download link : [iorr.org] with due credit to glimmerman, thanks again for sharing !

Not sure if just me, but I am not seeing Fragile in any of those links, I am getting:
Undercover III
Don't Mess w/ Cupid
Don't Want Somebody Else
You got Me Rocking I
Low Down II
Might as well get juiced II
Saint of Me I

unless it goes by a different title??? Can someone please clear this up?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 24, 2022 22:29

LeonidP
gotdablouse

Not sure if just me, but I am not seeing Fragile in any of those links, I am getting:
Undercover III
Don't Mess w/ Cupid
Don't Want Somebody Else
You got Me Rocking I
Low Down II
Saint of Me I

It is there, see enter 2022 June 23rd, 2022:

[mega.nz]

Date: June 24, 2022 22:42

Quique-stone
LeonidP
gotdablouse

Undercover III
Don't Mess w/ Cupid
Don't Want Somebody Else
You got Me Rocking I
Low Down II
Saint of Me I

It is there, see enter 2022 June 23rd, 2022:

[mega.nz]

LOL, not anywhere obvious in that post, not for me anyway, I've tried 3 different times. I did manage to find it in one of the WT links above, so thanks for those that shared!

Date: June 24, 2022 23:41

How can you not find, it's got a dedicated paragraph under 2022!
A text search on the page would have taken care of your problem too.

--------------

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: June 25, 2022 14:14

Thanks for sharing, great track!

Date: June 25, 2022 19:14

glimmerman

Please M., feel free to correct here that triple mistake.

I certainly wouldn't mind DL'ing a 50+-tracks comp titled "The Genuine Fully Finished Outtakes"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-25 19:16 by dcba.

Date: June 27, 2022 06:23

gotdablouse
How can you not find, it's got a dedicated paragraph under 2022!
A text search on the page would have taken care of your problem too.

Well as I said, the links take me to the Undercover/Bridges to Babylon tracks. I did find it with a search, that did take care of the problem, fyi...

Posted by: quarkie ()
Date: July 2, 2022 20:47

Thanks

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 19, 2023 12:46

Could anyone please share the track again? Could not find it on PC anymore

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: April 19, 2023 12:49

henrik87
Could anyone please share the track again? Could not find it on PC anymore

[we.tl]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 19, 2023 13:00

Thanks

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home