Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1994 recommendations
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 8, 2022 11:21

Have a gap here for this year. Any classics from this year?

Re: 1994 recommendations
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 8, 2022 12:44

New Jersey is the best in my opinion. Assuming you're talking about the Voodoo Lounge Tour.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 8, 2022 14:47

Get some December tapes : the band was really cooking at the very end of the tour and Keith was amazing. There were some pretty good DAT aud recordings released by "small" Japanese labels (Weeping Goat etc) which you can DL here at IORR.

As for the "classics" :
Miami sucks. The famous SB tape from the Halloween show is lifeless. San Diego (taken from video) will put you to sleep.

Date: May 8, 2022 19:02

dcba
Get some December tapes : the band was really cooking at the very end of the tour and Keith was amazing. There were some pretty good DAT aud recordings released by "small" Japanese labels (Weeping Goat etc) which you can DL here at IORR.

As for the "classics" :
Miami sucks. The famous SB tape from the Halloween show is lifeless. San Diego (taken from video) will put you to sleep.

Thanks yeah I'm pretty sure I've tried those and didn't think much of them. Will look at December. Hopefully there's some nice sounding stuff there.

Date: May 8, 2022 19:04

frankotero
New Jersey is the best in my opinion. Assuming you're talking about the Voodoo Lounge Tour.
Can't remember checking that one though definitely heard of it. Thanks!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 8, 2022 19:18

The early shows might have some interesting setlist selections but seems like Mick is just talking the lyrics in a lot of them and it takes awhile to get in the groove.

Been a long time but Rose Bowl and the other Oakland shows were pretty good from what I remember.

Date: May 8, 2022 19:43

Dan
The early shows might have some interesting setlist selections but seems like Mick is just talking the lyrics in a lot of them and it takes awhile to get in the groove.

Been a long time but Rose Bowl and the other Oakland shows were pretty good from what I remember.

Thanks! Picking up Rose Bowl

Date: May 11, 2022 06:38

So far listened to the Vancouver show....I remember now I always felt the pacing of these shows were just a little weird for me. Felt they didn't really flow that well.

I also picked up a Rare Tracks Comp from 94 which I enjoyed tremendously. One of the selections was from tracks from Tampa---amazing sound! Currently downloading.

Maybe I'll revisit that New Orleans radio broadcast..would be great if Captain Acid did a remaster of that. Sound always was wonky on that one for me.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 11, 2022 17:24

I'll second New orleans - I liked the Voodoo Kiss version the best. Great atmosphere...also, Tampa [www.dbboots.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 11, 2022 17:38

New Orleans, and the Jersey show "Welcome to the Voodoo Lounge" Godfather release (part of the show ended up on the 90 minute video). I like the set list from Jersey, although the performance is sloppy in spots, but still good for an early show.

Date: May 12, 2022 00:36

Ha what is going on with the Tampa show? A little toddler's voice comes on at times in between the first two songs saying "Hello." I have the regular Wolfgang version.

Why isn't that recording a classic? Excellent sound.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 12, 2022 00:53

here's my personal 60fps vhs transfer of new jersey in 2 parts to fit on we transfer

pt. 1
we

pt. 2
we

couple of notes though

the sound isn't the best my tape has degrade so there is noticable noise in the left channel at times

i recorded the audio with a different vcr then the video to try to minimize the noise

also the video drops out for a second during satisfaction due to damage on the tape

and hey 24fps if you or someone else can post some of those dec tapes

1994 is a bit of a gap for me too

i know there are filefactory links but they just won't work for me

Date: May 12, 2022 19:48

ProfessorWolf
here's my personal 60fps vhs transfer of new jersey in 2 parts to fit on we transfer

pt. 1
we

pt. 2
we

couple of notes though

the sound isn't the best my tape has degrade so there is noticable noise in the left channel at times

i recorded the audio with a different vcr then the video to try to minimize the noise

also the video drops out for a second during satisfaction due to damage on the tape

Very cool looking forward to seeing this!

here's a Dec show I listened to above with good sound, apparently an early DAT recording. Vancouver 1994

[we.tl]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 01:31

Justin
ProfessorWolf

pt. 1
we

pt. 2
we

couple of notes though

Very cool looking forward to seeing this!

here's a Dec show I listened to above with good sound, apparently an early DAT recording. Vancouver 1994

[we.tl]
thanks

i think i have seattle as well on one of my backup hdd

i'll have a look around see if i have anything else to post

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 13, 2022 04:52

[www.discogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-16 00:58 by exilestones.

Date: May 13, 2022 05:00

exilestones
EddieByword
I'll second New orleans - I liked the Voodoo Kiss version the best. Great atmosphere...also, Tampa [www.dbboots.com]

[we.tl]

[www.discogs.com]

That's the one.....My first ever boot on CD bought from a regular record shop in Wales when there was a loophole in EU law allowing boots to be sold legally.....for a while........

Great atmosphere and swing from the band esp. I go wild.....thumbs up ...Mick "That's alright"....

Date: May 13, 2022 05:03

Justin
Ha what is going on with the Tampa show? A little toddler's voice comes on at times in between the first two songs saying "Hello." I have the regular Wolfgang version.

Why isn't that recording a classic? Excellent sound.

Depends who you ask I guess. I think it's a classic, hence the recommendation.........cool smiley

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:36

I could upload something during weekend.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:23

marko

That would be nice to help out Justin.

Date: May 13, 2022 08:28

exilestones
EddieByword

[we.tl]

[www.discogs.com]

Thanks! it'll be nice to revisit this--it's been a very long time

Date: May 13, 2022 08:29

marko

Thank you so much! Ya'll are great thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home