Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO 1989 Rehearsals Video
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 5, 2022 20:35

I've never seen this 1989 rehearsal video before. Where can we get this video?

The Rock and a Hard Place intro (7.45) is really cool. Sad Sad Sad (4.15) started great!

Where is the rest of it? Is it confirmed that this is JFK stadium rehearsals?

So, this guy has this footage and just teases us and doesn't share it? WTF?

What is the story of these rehearsal videos? Where can I find them?

Re: ISO 1989 Rehearsals Video
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: May 5, 2022 21:28

Je suis sûr que cela existe: sur une liste de VHS d'un ami Américain grand collectionneur dont je n'ai plus de nouvelle depuis un attentat à Oklahoma city il y avait 4 cassettes VHS dont les dates correspondent à ces répétitions, malheureusement il ne m'a pas fait de copie.
Si quelqu'un peut traduire pour le plus grand nombre c'est OK.

Posted by: RStones2550 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 21:32

Google Translate:

I'm sure it exists: on a list of VHS from an American friend who is a great collector of whom I haven't heard from since an attack in Oklahoma city there were 4 VHS cassettes whose dates correspond to these repetitions, unfortunately there is no did not make me a copy. If someone can translate for as many people as possible, that's OK.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 5, 2022 23:25

I can't say if the rest has ever been given to anyone else or not but I haven't seen it. I explained the origin (as I knew it) on this thread...[iorr.org]

Date: May 5, 2022 23:57

scottkeef
I can't say if the rest has ever been given to anyone else or not but I haven't seen it. I explained the origin (as I knew it) on this thread...[iorr.org]

scottkeef
I have an original of this issue and am just curious what it would be worth now on the market(haven't been active in years). From a very dependable source, the persons who made a deal for these tapes were to receive (instead of the 89 LA video footage) a video of one of the rehearsal shows in it's entirety. If you remember, there was a video that circulated awhile back of "snippets" from a 89 rehearsal show. That was the sample that was provided. Would have been a lot cooler huh? I was left with the impression that much of this supplier's sbs were from video. I was told it was the same source as the slew of 81 sbs that appeared around the same time. Of course, I can't confirm!

The '81 soundboad guy said he was a camera operator at the concerts for the closed circuit TV that is shown during the concerts. He also claimed to have many sb of the 1982 shows.

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: May 6, 2022 01:09

exilestones
I've never seen this 1989 rehearsal video before. Where can we get this video?

The Rock and a Hard Place intro (7.45) is really cool. Sad Sad Sad (4.15) started great!

Where is the rest of it? Is it confirmed that this is JFK stadium rehearsals?

So, this guy has this footage and just teases us and doesn't share it? WTF?

What is the story of these rehearsal videos? Where can I find them?

i think the intro around 7:45 is "one hit" from dirty work.
really cool stuff, indeed.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 6, 2022 01:56

exilestones
scottkeef

scottkeef
I have an original of this issue and am just curious what it would be worth now on the market(haven't been active in years). From a very dependable source, the persons who made a deal for these tapes were to receive (instead of the 89 LA video footage) a video of one of the rehearsal shows in it's entirety. If you remember, there was a video that circulated awhile back of "snippets" from a 89 rehearsal show. That was the sample that was provided. Would have been a lot cooler huh? I was left with the impression that much of this supplier's sbs were from video. I was told it was the same source as the slew of 81 sbs that appeared around the same time. Of course, I can't confirm!

The '81 soundboad guy said he was a camera operator at the concerts for the closed circuit TV that is shown during the concerts. He also claimed to have many sb of the 1982 shows.

so what's the hold up on those 82 soundboards?

cause if it's as big a motherland as the 81's then that could really be something

and one would think that he could have found a buyer for those by now

Date: May 6, 2022 06:11

ProfessorWolf

cause if it's as big a motherland as the 81's then that could really be something

You have to find the guy and ask him.

Date: May 6, 2022 16:15

It's been over 10 yrs now so I'm trying to remember. I was told that the character was kinda sketchy and got paranoid about turning the complete rehearsal video over and it may have created some ill will with who put out the set. It seems like they were charging a set price per hour for audio and a set price for video..that's the part my memory is fuzzy on.

Date: May 6, 2022 16:49

He's the same guy with the 1981 NYC soundboard.

Date: May 6, 2022 19:42

ProfessorWolf
[

Do you want to be the buyer for the 82 soundboards and/or the 1989 rehearsals? I think he has the 81 NYC show too.

Date: May 7, 2022 04:34

exilestones
ProfessorWolf
[

Do you want to be the buyer for the 82 soundboards and/or the 1989 rehearsals? I think he has the 81 NYC show too.

no i can't even afford the el mocambo vinyl

but was curious why a bootleg label never bought them up and released them

Date: May 7, 2022 15:57

After checking with a source I've always found very reliable, I find I was incorrect (bad memory, I suppose) the source for this is NOT the same as the 81 boards. I was informed that the 89/90 sbs are all video sourced and the entire 89/90 tour was in the collection. But to their best recollection, the asking price was $1000 an hour for audio. I was told they didn't know what the current situation is with the bottom falling out of the bootleg market the last few years(other than high end market?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-07 15:58 by scottkeef.

Date: May 7, 2022 17:07

ProfessorWolf
exilestones
ProfessorWolf
[

Good question. My best guess is the seller didn't really have the '82 soundboards or couldn't find a buyer.

The ghost boards I bought for $500 were from 81. I wasn't selling them. I just wanted to share them. The seller then the seller wanted to sell me the 82 boards. There were no samples. Then he sold the 81 ghost boards again to someone else.

At the concerts, he was a camera operator. He could patch in a cassette recorder to record the sound. He didn't carefully watch when the tape was about to end. Instead, he waited until the tape was full and then turned the tape over and pressed record again. The tape was always over during Time is on My Side. That's why that song was always cut in the middle.

He co-wrote a book on the Grateful Dead. He kept pumping me to write emails explaining every Stones bootleg. Basically, I was writing the book.

He'd send me some crappy Stones boot CDRs in the mail that I had and didn't ask for, then complain that I owed hom something.

My wife was very ill with cancer at the time. I had enough of his bullshit and just stopped communicating with him.

Apparently, he kept some of the shows like the Madison Square Garden shows.

Date: May 7, 2022 17:11

scottkeef
After checking with a source I've always found very reliable, I find I was incorrect (bad memory, I suppose) the source for this is NOT the same as the 81 boards. I was informed that the 89/90 sbs are all video sourced and the entire 89/90 tour was in the collection. But to their best recollection, the asking price was $1000 an hour for audio. I was told they didn't know what the current situation is with the bottom falling out of the bootleg market the last few years(other than high end market?)

My friend Dan told me a story that the guy with the 89 rehearsals 'got leaned on really hard by the Stones to 'cease and desist (stop).' I'll ask Dan if he has anymore details.

The 81 guy was a Dead Head, right?

I really know nothing about the '89 videos/soundboards.

Date: May 7, 2022 17:15

What did we get out of all those '81 ghost boards (no audience)? Anything great? Anything better than what we had? I don't think so.

I feel like I was robbed of $500.

The only little nugget was the Kansas City intro on 'Going to a Go-Go.' I think I used it on Still Life Revamped.

Date: May 8, 2022 01:23

I wouldn't be surprised about the 89 guy having some pressure applied. The original
box was to include the rehearsal video and for whatever reason the person backed out and instead supplied the partial 89 LA footage. Supposedly the snippets video is how he provided samples to buyers. As far as the 81 sbs, I was told the person was definitely involved with the soundcrew and was also the source for the 1980 LZ
European Tour SB boots. And went on to work for Page and Plant and into The Black Crows/Page tours that were booted.
Years ago I brought up that the source indicated to me that there was a video of the 1986 Stu show and was pretty much told by many how silly I was for saying it. I've been told a dvd with snippets from it was shown to them. It was shot by a fixed single cam and also included some interviews with the band. Supposedly it was put together for the band and close friends and the person that did it had one of their own. I was also told the asking price was so outrageous that no one could or would touch it.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 8, 2022 04:45

Yeah would be super cool to hear 2 hours of rehearsal footage of a mix that's basically Mick, Charlie and Chuck.

Date: May 8, 2022 07:01

exilestones
ProfessorWolf
exilestones
ProfessorWolf
[

Good question. My best guess is the seller didn't really have the '82 soundboards or couldn't find a buyer.

The ghost boards I bought for $500 were from 81. I wasn't selling them. I just wanted to share them. The seller then the seller wanted to sell me the 82 boards. There were no samples. Then he sold the 81 ghost boards again to someone else.

At the concerts, he was a camera operator. He could patch in a cassette recorder to record the sound. He didn't carefully watch when the tape was about to end. Instead, he waited until the tape was full and then turned the tape over and pressed record again. The tape was always over during Time is on My Side. That's why that song was always cut in the middle.

He co-wrote a book on the Grateful Dead. He kept pumping me to write emails explaining every Stones bootleg. Basically, I was writing the book.

He'd send me some crappy Stones boot CDRs in the mail that I had and didn't ask for, then complain that I owed hom something.

My wife was very ill with cancer at the time. I had enough of his bullshit and just stopped communicating with him.

Apparently, he kept some of the shows like the Madison Square Garden shows.

thanks that was very informative

don't blame you for cutting ties with him

but still hope folks like him with large collections of unreleased/uncirculated material

who are getting on in years along with the fans and band

can find it in themselves to let this stuff out into the world for us fans to love and enjoy

hopefully with the 6oth anniversary we will see a lot of cool new stuff appear this summer

i'm always surprised

considering how much we already have in circulation

the amount of rumored audio and video still sitting in private hands that hasn't been released

Date: May 8, 2022 07:09

scottkeef
I wouldn't be surprised about the 89 guy having some pressure applied. The original
box was to include the rehearsal video and for whatever reason the person backed out and instead supplied the partial 89 LA footage. Supposedly the snippets video is how he provided samples to buyers. As far as the 81 sbs, I was told the person was definitely involved with the soundcrew and was also the source for the 1980 LZ
European Tour SB boots. And went on to work for Page and Plant and into The Black Crows/Page tours that were booted.
Years ago I brought up that the source indicated to me that there was a video of the 1986 Stu show and was pretty much told by many how silly I was for saying it. I've been told a dvd with snippets from it was shown to them. It was shot by a fixed single cam and also included some interviews with the band. Supposedly it was put together for the band and close friends and the person that did it had one of their own. I was also told the asking price was so outrageous that no one could or would touch it.

now that sounds like something that might just exist

but i don't know how i'd feel about something that private and special to the band being released without there permission

i mean if that exists you'd think they would have included a clip or something in 25x5 if they felt ok about the public seeing it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home