Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: Sweet Charlotte (Exile 2008EXA001) CD (Charlotte, July 6, 1972)
Posted by: René ()
Date: April 23, 2022 16:16

Hi,

I'm looking for:
"Sweet Charlotte" (Exile 2008EXA001) 1CD.
It has the Charlotte July 6, 1972 show in Excellent Soundboard.

[dbboots.com]

Anyone willing to upload it?

Thx!

Regards, René

Re: Request: Sweet Charlotte (Exile 2008EXA001) CD (Charlotte, July 6, 1972)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 23, 2022 17:12

No soundboard. There is only one source for this show.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 23, 2022 18:59

[wetransfer.com]

DSP remaster of Charlotte 1972.07.06.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 23:46

This is all I have, but not Exile 2008EXA001

watchit
Aiwa mics->Marantz Superscope cassette recorder->cassette master->CDR1->CDR2->CDR3.
pitch corrected it -1.5%, slightly boosted the bass, and edited and reindexed it.

This is generally considered to be the best audience recording of the Rolling Stones 1972 US Tour. It's been on numerous bootlegs since shortly after the concert. This is supposedly from the master tape. Lineage given is Aiwa mics->Marantz Superscope cassette recorder->cassette master->CDR1->CDR2->CDR3. I was not not satisfied with that CDR, so I pitch corrected it -1.5%, slightly boosted the bass, and edited and reindexed it. That's what you have here.

The guitars, horns, and vocals are recorded fantastically well. Bass and drums are distant, as usual for 1972. Performance is excellent too.

This originally came from a well know taper and collector, JT, who is now deceased. Supposedly he recorded the show himself but I was able to determine he was about 12 years old at the time. I believe he acquired the master after the event. I also believe he added some analogue noise reduction such as Dolby (on a non-Dolby master) in an effort to reduce the hiss inherent in a 1972 cassette. This muffles the sound in places, which I can't undo. But since I put the effort into it, I'll share it here.

AlteJuwel
master reel > dat > cdr > eac > flac frontend (level 6 ) > dime

Got this from dime a while ago, thx to the seeder there

I was going thru some of my disc's and came across this beauty it's been seeded here a few times (once by me ) before and certainly deserves to see the light of day again. If anyone has artwork could you please post?...........Thanks to the taper and original seeder!!!!

mlejay
master stereo audience > ? > Audiotape 3-3/4 ips reel > 24/96 wav > 16/44.1 wav > SBE correction > FLAC level 8

This tape has been around since shortly after the concert. I received this reel from someone in NC in about 1973. Although the gen is unknown, I suspect it's fairly low. I compared this to circulating "master" version of this, and this version definitely has more warmth and presence, but with some added hiss and a bit less high end. Some say that the circulating "master" version of this is not from the master at all.

As with all versions of this show, it starts in the middle of Bitch, and during that song the sound is suddenly muffled, then clears up again. I've always imagined that the person recording the show got spooked and ducked the mics temporarily.
Midnight Rambler cuts in just after it starts, an apparently victim of a tape flip.

Speaking of which, feel free to leave track 10 off - it's only noise between tracks. I debated whether to leave it off, and decided to include it to preserve every note (or click) of what is on my reel.

No EQ/compression/remastering efforts were done on my part. The raw wav file was DC corrected, then normalized to 98.6%.

I suggest you check this version out if you're a Stones 1972 fan - this is a great show, and this is a unique, great sounding version of what is considered to be the best audience tape from the 1972 U.S. tour.

This is a re-seed. The files have been re-tagged.
Thanks to the original uploader.
See discussion here : [www.dimeadozen.org]

djscomics
Master taper -> CD -> EAC -> WAVLab -> SHN

My comments:
cabledogg re-seeded this one on RO tracker on 27th August 2006 but he didn't know anything about this bootleg.
craig62 helped me out in finding this bootleg, in fact, he had it in his bootleg's archive page.
These files were originally seeded on EZT on March 5, 2005 by djscomics.

cabledogg's torrent announce :

New on the tracker something from the '72 tour "Charlotte N.C. July 6th ,1972 (The Coliseum)". Now I can't remember where i originally got this but the info i have written down is:

xfer to cdr from master reel to reel tape

Although it is a audience sourced recording , the sound quality is very good for it's age. The vocals are upfront and the instruments are hi in the mix. Sorry no artwork if you have it or are willing to create some be my guest...........enjoy

TornAndFrayed comments:
The only problem is that they are running a bit fast but this can be easily corrected, I have done it with SoundForge. These non-bootleg "lowgens" are the best versions of this source you can find which is no surprise because they are sourced straight from the master (the DAT step doesn´t cause any quality loss). The VGP bootlegs (Bring It Back Alive and Drippin´ Honey) are inferior and if you have these, you can toss them unless you fancy "silver CDs" and amateurish artwork ;-).

djscomics notes:
This CD was made & sent to me by John Tsalikes, the original taper.
I have done no EQ'ing, just re-tracked it.

Carl Morstadt ([email protected])

VGP-294

CDR > EAC > WAV > FRONTEND > FLAC 6

CD1 of "Drippin' honey" is in best possible quality (better as the VGP-054 "Bring lt Back Alive" ?). "Going back to the roots" (POW - 901502) or "Back to 1972" (POW 90 15 02) are less complete and run too fast.

Bitch and Midnight Rambler are faded in. Brown Sugar is missing.
The version of Brown Sugar on this disc is from Hofheinz Pavillion, Houston, TX, US, June 25, 1972, 2nd show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 01:17 by gonzalo76.

Date: April 24, 2022 20:43

This is great! Thx!

Regards, René

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: April 25, 2022 23:09

Here is a rip from silver CD

[we.tl]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 25, 2022 23:32

THX

Date: April 26, 2022 00:56

axl79
Here is a rip from silver CD

[we.tl]

Thank you!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 26, 2022 05:33

gonzalo76
This is all I have, but not Exile 2008EXA001

watchit
Aiwa mics->Marantz Superscope cassette recorder->cassette master->CDR1->CDR2->CDR3.
pitch corrected it -1.5%, slightly boosted the bass, and edited and reindexed it.

This is generally considered to be the best audience recording of the Rolling Stones 1972 US Tour. It's been on numerous bootlegs since shortly after the concert. This is supposedly from the master tape. Lineage given is Aiwa mics->Marantz Superscope cassette recorder->cassette master->CDR1->CDR2->CDR3. I was not not satisfied with that CDR, so I pitch corrected it -1.5%, slightly boosted the bass, and edited and reindexed it. That's what you have here.

The guitars, horns, and vocals are recorded fantastically well. Bass and drums are distant, as usual for 1972. Performance is excellent too.

This originally came from a well know taper and collector, JT, who is now deceased. Supposedly he recorded the show himself but I was able to determine he was about 12 years old at the time. I believe he acquired the master after the event. I also believe he added some analogue noise reduction such as Dolby (on a non-Dolby master) in an effort to reduce the hiss inherent in a 1972 cassette. This muffles the sound in places, which I can't undo. But since I put the effort into it, I'll share it here.

AlteJuwel
master reel > dat > cdr > eac > flac frontend (level 6 ) > dime

Got this from dime a while ago, thx to the seeder there

I was going thru some of my disc's and came across this beauty it's been seeded here a few times (once by me ) before and certainly deserves to see the light of day again. If anyone has artwork could you please post?...........Thanks to the taper and original seeder!!!!

mlejay
master stereo audience > ? > Audiotape 3-3/4 ips reel > 24/96 wav > 16/44.1 wav > SBE correction > FLAC level 8

This tape has been around since shortly after the concert. I received this reel from someone in NC in about 1973. Although the gen is unknown, I suspect it's fairly low. I compared this to circulating "master" version of this, and this version definitely has more warmth and presence, but with some added hiss and a bit less high end. Some say that the circulating "master" version of this is not from the master at all.

As with all versions of this show, it starts in the middle of Bitch, and during that song the sound is suddenly muffled, then clears up again. I've always imagined that the person recording the show got spooked and ducked the mics temporarily.
Midnight Rambler cuts in just after it starts, an apparently victim of a tape flip.

Speaking of which, feel free to leave track 10 off - it's only noise between tracks. I debated whether to leave it off, and decided to include it to preserve every note (or click) of what is on my reel.

No EQ/compression/remastering efforts were done on my part. The raw wav file was DC corrected, then normalized to 98.6%.

I suggest you check this version out if you're a Stones 1972 fan - this is a great show, and this is a unique, great sounding version of what is considered to be the best audience tape from the 1972 U.S. tour.

This is a re-seed. The files have been re-tagged.
Thanks to the original uploader.
See discussion here : [www.dimeadozen.org]

djscomics
Master taper -> CD -> EAC -> WAVLab -> SHN

My comments:
cabledogg re-seeded this one on RO tracker on 27th August 2006 but he didn't know anything about this bootleg.
craig62 helped me out in finding this bootleg, in fact, he had it in his bootleg's archive page.
These files were originally seeded on EZT on March 5, 2005 by djscomics.

cabledogg's torrent announce :

New on the tracker something from the '72 tour "Charlotte N.C. July 6th ,1972 (The Coliseum)". Now I can't remember where i originally got this but the info i have written down is:

xfer to cdr from master reel to reel tape

Although it is a audience sourced recording , the sound quality is very good for it's age. The vocals are upfront and the instruments are hi in the mix. Sorry no artwork if you have it or are willing to create some be my guest...........enjoy

TornAndFrayed comments:
The only problem is that they are running a bit fast but this can be easily corrected, I have done it with SoundForge. These non-bootleg "lowgens" are the best versions of this source you can find which is no surprise because they are sourced straight from the master (the DAT step doesn´t cause any quality loss). The VGP bootlegs (Bring It Back Alive and Drippin´ Honey) are inferior and if you have these, you can toss them unless you fancy "silver CDs" and amateurish artwork ;-).

djscomics notes:
This CD was made & sent to me by John Tsalikes, the original taper.
I have done no EQ'ing, just re-tracked it.

Carl Morstadt ([email protected])

VGP-294

CDR > EAC > WAV > FRONTEND > FLAC 6

CD1 of "Drippin' honey" is in best possible quality (better as the VGP-054 "Bring lt Back Alive" ?). "Going back to the roots" (POW - 901502) or "Back to 1972" (POW 90 15 02) are less complete and run too fast.

Bitch and Midnight Rambler are faded in. Brown Sugar is missing.
The version of Brown Sugar on this disc is from Hofheinz Pavillion, Houston, TX, US, June 25, 1972, 2nd show.

After your interesting story of how you fixed this "generally considered to be the best audience recording of the Rolling Stones 1972 US Tour,"
I couldn't find the DL button!

Date: April 26, 2022 18:24

exilestones
After your interesting story of how you fixed this "generally considered to be the best audience recording of the Rolling Stones 1972 US Tour,"
I couldn't find the DL button!

Actually I didn't fix anything. I just quoted all the versions I have of this date.

The request was for Sweet Charlotte (Exile 2008EXA001) which I didn't have it. Now, thank you to axl79, I have it.

If you're looking for any version I quoted just let me know.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 26, 2022 20:41

gonzalo76

Actually I didn't fix anything. I just quoted all the versions I have of this date.

The request was for Sweet Charlotte (Exile 2008EXA001) which I didn't have it. Now, thank you to axl79, I have it.

If you're looking for any version I quoted just let me know.

My misunderstanding. I apologize.

I'm looking for the best version, as always.

Is there a speed-corrected version that is better than the others?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 29, 2022 20:06

Thanks vancouver and axl79!

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: April 29, 2022 23:16

thanks!

Date: April 30, 2022 15:30

Thank you Axl79!

Regards , Rene

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home