Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 10, 2022 08:07

[we.tl]

POST: Hyde Park '69 Audience Footage (short clips) & Brian Jones Home in 1969.

Re: POST: Hyde Park '69 Audience Footage (short clips)
Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: April 10, 2022 10:39

Thanks a lot!!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 10, 2022 13:57

Thank You i'm a collector of Hyde Park

Date: April 11, 2022 03:18

Maybe you would like some Hyde Park '69 photos?

[wetransfer.com]

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: April 11, 2022 09:30

Thank you exilestones for showing me the huge collection. There were many things I had never seen before.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 11, 2022 20:35

Thank you a lot of pictures .many new for me Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 11, 2022 21:36

thanks

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: April 11, 2022 21:53

thank you, fantastic!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: April 11, 2022 22:15

Nice collection, exilestones!
Thanks

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: April 12, 2022 11:57

Great Collection.Many Thanks.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 12, 2022 23:21

THX

Date: April 13, 2022 18:33

Wow! Thanks for the awesome responses!

I love photos of the Rolling Stones.

Not too long ago I was having a conversation with Jaap. It amazed me how many terabytes of Rolling Stones material he has stored.

We were figuring out what I may have in my collection that he doesn't have. My answer was something like, "Maybe some photos?"

It's not just the photos but photos without the 'watermarks.'

Here's a few tips to DL images that "can't be DL'd."

First you need Google Chrome (but other browsers have similar features.

When a website won't let you right-click to copy text or photos. You can usually enable your right-click by turning off JavaScript for that website.

I started writing "Exile's Guide to Downloading Images from the Internet."

++++++++

Using Java Script Blocker – a setting in Google Chrome

I want to DL this photo of Charlie taken by Andy Worhol:

[www.artnet.com]

The website hosting the image has disabled my right-click option therefore I could not use the “save image feature” to capture the image.

Copy the name of the website (on to your clipboard).

Open your browser settings

Click on Privacy and Security

Click on Site Settings

Scroll down to JavaScript

Click on the arrow on the right of “JavaScript” to open JavaScript browser settings

Scroll down to Customized Behaviors

To the right of “Not Allow to Use JavaScript" click “Add”

Paste the website URL

Exit Browser Settings

reopen Google Chrome (not just a new tab)

Right-click on the image and use “Save Image As” feature to DL image.

NOTE: Remember how to get back to your browser’s java settings. Some websites will not work when java is disabled (but it’s usually not an issue).

One website would not allow me to use the search feature on the webpage with java disabled. I just opened a different browser (not Google Chrome) and searched on the other browser then copied the URL into the Google Chrome Browser which had javascript disabled.

[www.morrisonhotelgallery.com]

Copy website name into JavaScript [www.morrisonhotelgallery.com]

++++

1970 1973?

[www.photofeatures.com]

right-click open in new window

++

Since the disabling JavaScript feature allows right-click option, it will usually allow coping of text too.

+++++++++++++

I'll post the "How to DL Photos without Watermarks" next time.

For some reason I thought Irix would like my little image DL lessons.

+++++++++++++

MORE: [www.privacypolicies.com]

++++++++++++++

Images often look much better by DL the source file by turning off JavaScript:

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 15, 2022 12:48

You can also right click, select inspect and you'll usually find img src in right panel that opens up.

Date: April 15, 2022 18:56

His Majesty
You can also right click, select inspect and you'll usually find img src in right panel that opens up.

Often if the right-click isn't disabled, the 'save image as' works too.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 16, 2022 12:16

The inspect way can often allow you to choose the full size of the image which isn't always what is displayed on the website etc. thumbs up

Date: April 16, 2022 21:26

His Majesty
The inspect way can often allow you to choose the full size of the image which isn't always what is displayed on the website etc. thumbs up

Excellent point! You get the source file, not the displayed image.

Exactly the same when JavaScript is turned off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-16 21:27 by exilestones.

Date: April 16, 2022 23:02

His Majesty

DL Photo Tips involving Google Chrome extension “uBlock.”

Here's a trick to get rid of the watermarks and get the original source file without the watermark elements in images for you DL them.

The free Google Chrome extension “uBlock” is available from the Google Chrome Store.

“uBlock” also blocks many pop-up ads and other assorted bullshit. I noticed I don't get advertisements when watching YouTube videos or being blocked by Rolling Stones magazine since I installed “uBlock.” Love it!

On a rare ocossion you may want to turn off "uBlock" which is easily done in the Google Chrome Extension icon at the top of the webpage.

Word Document
[we.tl]

Extensions are small software programs that customize the browsing experience.
They enable users to tailor Chrome functionality and behavior to individual
needs or preferences. They are built on web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, and CSS.

An extension must fulfill a single purpose that is narrowly defined and easy to
understand. A single extension can include multiple components and a range of
functionality, as long as everything contributes towards a common purpose.

[9jatide.com]

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 17, 2022 10:37

exilestones
His Majesty

DL Photo Tips involving Google Chrome extension “uBlock.”

Here's a trick to get rid of the watermarks and get the original source file without the watermark elements in images for you DL them.

The free Google Chrome extension “uBlock” is available from the Google Chrome Store.

“uBlock” also blocks many pop-up ads and other assorted bullshit. I noticed I don't get advertisements when watching YouTube videos or being blocked by Rolling Stones magazine since I installed “uBlock.” Love it!

On a rare ocossion you may want to turn off "uBlock" which is easily done in the Google Chrome Extension icon at the top of the webpage.

Word Document
[we.tl]

Extensions are small software programs that customize the browsing experience.
They enable users to tailor Chrome functionality and behavior to individual
needs or preferences. They are built on web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, and CSS.

An extension must fulfill a single purpose that is narrowly defined and easy to
understand. A single extension can include multiple components and a range of
functionality, as long as everything contributes towards a common purpose.

[9jatide.com]

Wow, and I really mean wow - “uBlock” also blocks many pop-up ads and other assorted bullshit. I noticed I don't get advertisements when watching YouTube videos or being blocked by Rolling Stones magazine since I installed “uBlock.” Love it! ..... can uBlock or something similar be used to block YouTube advertisements when using a tablet, and drum roll, a smart TV? And to get rid of all onscreen overlaid text when watching TV? I'm sick and tired of shite stuck on my TV screen through entire programs and movies telling me to watch some meaningless program that starts I don't care when in the future. I absolutely dream of a clean TV screen when I'm watching a program.

Even better, how about a timer that mutes ads tells us when ad breaks will end, maybe giving us a ding like an oven timer to tell us it's safe to sit back down to watch the program again?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 17, 2022 17:27

Thank you exilestones!

Posted by: crjowls ()
Date: April 18, 2022 17:08

I use Firefox browser with ublock origin and noscript which stops all javascript running on all the websites I visit period. Then if I'm on a website and I want javascript to run I turn it on for that website in the noscript settings.

I don't know how people can use websites without something like ublock. Because a website can tell you are using ublock, some of them ask you to turn it off. No thanks. I'll get my coat and move on when that happens.

The post above by stonesman87 regarding tablets and smart tvs. I've never used a tablet or a smart tv but I've read up on smart tvs. Their apps are rarely updated apparently.

The best thing to do is try to find the dumbest TV possible, or a computer display/monitor of similar size, and then connect it to a PC or something like a Roku or Apple TV. Smart TVs will be cheaper and if that's your ownly choice don't let it connect to the internet. Then plugin your PC/Roku/whatever to it. Absolutely do not do internet banking on a smart tv.

Here's a piece which will tell you all about smart tvs.
https://lifehacker.com/why-you-should-buy-the-dumbest-tv-you-can-find-1848768646

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-18 17:26 by crjowls.

Date: April 19, 2022 03:16

stonesman87

Even better, how about a timer that mutes ads tells us when ad breaks will end, maybe giving us a ding like an oven timer to tell us it's safe to sit back down to watch the program again?

Better than no ads?

Date: April 19, 2022 03:18

crjowls
I use Firefox browser with ublock origin and noscript which stops all javascript running on all the websites I visit period. Then if I'm on a website and I want javascript to run I turn it on for that website in the noscript settings.

I don't know how people can use websites without something like ublock. Because a website can tell you are using ublock, some of them ask you to turn it off. No thanks. I'll get my coat and move on when that happens.

The post above by stonesman87 regarding tablets and smart tvs. I've never used a tablet or a smart tv but I've read up on smart tvs. Their apps are rarely updated apparently.

The best thing to do is try to find the dumbest TV possible, or a computer display/monitor of similar size, and then connect it to a PC or something like a Roku or Apple TV. Smart TVs will be cheaper and if that's your ownly choice don't let it connect to the internet. Then plugin your PC/Roku/whatever to it. Absolutely do not do internet banking on a smart tv.

Here's a piece which will tell you all about smart tvs.
https://lifehacker.com/why-you-should-buy-the-dumbest-tv-you-can-find-1848768646

thumbs up

Date: April 19, 2022 03:18

Quique-stone
Thank you exilestones!

smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home