Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
INFO: Rolling Stones / Roseland Ballroom 2002 / 2CD
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 7, 2022 00:18

Rolling Stones / Roseland Ballroom 2002 / 2CD / Non Label

Twenty years have already passed since the LICKS tour of the Rolling Stones, which was carried out from 2002 to 2003. The style is a tour with an aggressive attitude even if you look back, with three types of venues selected, stadium, arena, and theater, and the set list varies greatly depending on the size of the venue, and has been a support member since 1989. It was one of the goals of the Stones Tour, which was held in the formation that introduced. Above all, the US tour in the fall of 2002 was the essence of the LICKS concept. The set list changes every time attracted a lot of attention.

Of course, the theater gig was very popular among enthusiasts. In the first place, the LICKS tour did not accompany a new studio album, but instead the concept of taking the best album and playing abundant past numbers was epoch-making. Therefore, we set three venues for each use, and also change the set list according to each size. The most epoch-making thing was that we took in a small venue theater with a club-gig atmosphere as part of the tour.

Of course, when it comes to theaters, the set list will have a rare number on parade. Especially in the first half of the tour, various songs were performed as a review of the repertoire. For example, in Boston, the first place of the tour, “Parachute Woman”, “Heart Of Stone”, and then in Chicago, “Torn And Frayed”, and so on, the astonishing repertoire was generously shown.

The final stage of the theater gig in the first half of the LICKS tour was the Roseland Ballroom in New York, which was held at the end of the tour in September 2002. The R & B ballad “She Smiled Sweetly” from the album “BETWEEN THE BUTTONS” was unveiled there. The live performance of the song has been held for this time only (there is a record sung on TV when the album was released, but unfortunately it is not left in any form), and as a result, the LICK Tour 2002 It was by far the rarest day of the theater gigs in the early game.

As was the case with the Budokan the following year, it was a theater gig on the LICK tour where it was extremely difficult to obtain tickets, but even so, there were multiple tapers that sneaked into Roseland, and the precious scenes were recorded firmly. Thanks to this, “recorder 1” has been released as VGP “SO GLAD TO BE NEW YORK CITY” and “recorder 2” has been released as “BALLROOM BLITZ” in the rear tie.

Of these, the one that was excellent in sound quality was “recorder 1”. The surroundings of “recorder 2” were very noisy. However, even with “recorder 1”, there was a painful scene in which a conversation of a size that interrupted the performance was entered when “She Smiled Sweetly” approached the third. In addition, each title has been equalized to a greater or lesser extent with the technology of 2002, and it is undeniable that it now feels like the times. Above all, it has been a long time since it became difficult to obtain both titles, and now that 20 years have passed since then, there are many enthusiasts who do not even know the fact that super valuable numbers were being played.

In addition to such a rear tie sound source, this gig also had a third audience recording, that is, “recorder 3”. However, it was distributed almost 10 years after the gig, and even that is now difficult to find, so many enthusiasts do not even know the existence of such a sound source. Isn’t it? Rather, it should be easier to find the VGP board files on the net. Such a hidden rare audience is finally released on a limited press CD.

Of these gig sound sources, “recorder 1” is the best translation in terms of sound proximity, but while the sound image of this sound source is farther than the other two, the surroundings are much quieter than those. That is a big advantage. Furthermore, when it comes to R & B-style ballads, “She Smiled Sweetly,” the point is to listen in this calm environment. Of course, there is no conversation that interrupts the performance, and it is not a noisy situation like “recorder 2” from beginning to end. In addition, by applying the equalization by the latest technology of the present, both the distant sound image and the dark feeling are alleviated at once.

Although it still falls short of “recorder 1”, the balance is exceptional because the conversation around it is not big. With this equalization, it has evolved into a sound quality that looks great on speakers. Of course, the three types of Roseland Ballroom audiences all have sound quality that is more enjoyable to play through speakers than headphones, but this processing has made it even more prominent in this sound source.

And only on this day, “She Smiled Sweetly” was played because this song was used in the movie together with “Ruby Tuesday” in the movie “THE ROYAL TENNBAUMS” which was released the previous year and became a big hit. Received. Mick also mentioned that in the MC before the performance, and I think it was a good opportunity to try this song live. The performance is arranged with a higher key than the album version, and it is interesting to feel a little like Mick’s solo number “Party Doll”. In addition, Keith was harmonious like the original song, and it was so good that I could have continued to play it as a repertoire.

However, even without “She She Smiled ~”, the LICKS theater mode explosive set list of the day is too gorgeous. It starts firmly in the early stages, but it is an on-parade of rare numbers that flips from “Hand Of Fate”. Like “She Smiled ~”, it is a luxury that even “That’s How Strong My Love Is”, which is an R & B ballad of the Brian period, is played. Also, Keith’s 2002 version of “You Don’t Have To Mean It” is soberly valuable, and it is treated that it was played only a few times in 2002 after this day.

The theater concept of such a LICKS tour also becomes a routine as the tour progresses, so there is something that is even more attracted to the ambitious set list here. However, it seems to be Stones at the beginning of the tour that you can catch a glimpse of the scene where Bobby Keys seems to fly the timing of playing the saxophone in “Neighbours” or the intro of “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” is sluggish. .. The forgotten sound source of the legendary theater gig at the beginning of such a LICKS tour literally unveils!

[www.giginjapan.com]

Re: INFO: Rolling Stones / Roseland Ballroom 2002 / 2CD
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: April 7, 2022 11:27

Anyone have this one to share, i am thinking about remastering it?

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: April 7, 2022 15:06

Hi Captain

Should be this one:
Rolling Stones
Roseland Ballroom, N.Y.C.
(Nak cm-700's)

The Recording:
Master - pair nakamichi cm-700 mics > unknown DAT recorder
Clone - DAT master > CDR (no further info available)

She Smiles Sweetly without any disturbing chats and different to VGP.

Very nice recording.
Let me know if you need it

Date: April 7, 2022 15:26

Well it's here:

[we.tl]

Enjoy!

Date: April 7, 2022 15:46

fortilix
Well it's here:

[we.tl]

Enjoy!

Thank you smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 9, 2022 21:39

Thank you fortilix!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 10, 2022 10:57

fortilix
Well it's here:

[we.tl]

Enjoy!

Thank you

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 10, 2022 18:30

Thank You very much!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 12, 2022 22:27

2002.09.30 PGN-009 Rock Me Baby (Pignose Records DigiPig 009).rar [www.filefactory.com]
2002.09.30 Roseland Ballroom from taper [taper unknown] (aud).rar [www.filefactory.com]
2002.09.30 Roseland Ballroom NYC NY (from SHN to WAV).rar [www.filefactory.com]
2002.09.30 VGP 323 So Glad To Be New York City CD 5+6, Roseland.rar [www.filefactory.com]

Date: April 13, 2022 19:43

NOTE:

VGP-347 - Dirty Licks

3. Can't You Hear Me Knocking 10:49
(Roseland Ballroom, New York, September 30, 2002)

Date: April 13, 2022 20:07

There are various compilations from the Licks tour that includes Roseland. I'm not sure where these tracks can be found.

2002-2003 PGN-015 Get Licked From The Mixing Desk Vol. I.rar [www.filefactory.com] 306.21 MB

2002-2003 PGN-052 Get Licked From The Mixing Desk Vol. II.rar [www.filefactory.com] 431.93 MB

2002-2003 [EXCD-039] Get Licked Around the World.rar [www.filefactory.com] 955.20 MB

2002-2003 CC 687 Ultra Rare Lips Vol. 1.rar [www.filefactory.com] 539.35 MB

2002-2003 CC 687 Ultra Rare Lips Vol. 1.rar [www.filefactory.com] 539.35 MB

2002-2003 Licks 7 Black Licks.rar.rar [www.filefactory.com] 419.00 MB

2002-2003 Licks_10_Last_Licks.rar [www.filefactory.com] 389.61 MB

2002-2003 Unreleased Licks on 2CD.rar [www.filefactory.com] 933.26 MB

2002-2003 VGP-347 Dirty Licks various soundboard).part1.rar [www.filefactory.com] 488.28 MB

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 13, 2022 23:11

wt.....?

Date: April 16, 2022 16:06

Is there any artwork for "2002-2003 Unreleased Licks on 2CD"....is that home made compilation or some bootleg company release?

Date: April 16, 2022 21:20

CaptainAcid
Is there any artwork for "2002-2003 Unreleased Licks on 2CD"....is that home made compilation or some bootleg company release?

Artwork
[we.tl]

Album and artwork
[we.tl]

It looks homemade but CD Japan or someone is selling it.

Date: April 16, 2022 21:23

BlueTurns2Grey
CaptainAcid
@blakeeik

You did a fine job, brother smileys with beer

Somehow i have missed it before.
I might fix this one a bit......any artwork for this one?

Here's my DIY art for this one: [we.tl]

Date: April 18, 2022 22:53

exilestones
BlueTurns2Grey
CaptainAcid
@blakeeik

TY

Date: April 18, 2022 23:05

Quique-stone
exilestones
BlueTurns2Grey
CaptainAcid
@blakeeik

TY

Thanks to the original artwork creator: BlueTurns2Grey!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 21, 2022 12:17

The Ballroom show definitly deserves to be released officialy.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: April 21, 2022 14:58

Would anyone please reupload this "recorder 3" version?

Date: April 21, 2022 18:35

GivenToFly15

I must have missed it, too. Who posted it?

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: April 22, 2022 16:29

GivenToFly15

If by "recorder 3" you mean fortilix's (Nak cm-700's) here it is...

[we.tl]

The Recording:
Master - pair nakamichi cm-700 mics > unknown DAT recorder
Clone - DAT master > CDR (no further info available)

Date: April 7, 2022 09:26

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: April 22, 2022 18:58

Thanks very much

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 01:45

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have a wt link of this boot please?

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 03:26

Did Captain Acid ever remaster Roseland?

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 9, 2024 06:54

andrews27

Wish he would all theater gigs from 2002.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: diddleydad ()
Date: March 9, 2024 12:28

Here 3 variations

[we.tl]

dd

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: March 9, 2024 12:36

stonesstein
andrews27

Wish he would all theater gigs from 2002.

Is that a No?

Posted by: zowie ()
Date: March 9, 2024 14:39

thank you

Posted by: sotob ()
Date: March 9, 2024 14:59

Thanks

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 9, 2024 17:13

Thanks DiddleyDad and thanks to all who had a hand in this

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home