Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Partly OT - Van Morrison, Rolling Stones
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 5, 2022 18:03

Double LP from Van Morrison "It's Too Great To Stop Now" and 2CD set from Stones "On Tour '65" available now from www.1960s.london

Full info and sleevenotes here [onlyrockandroll.london]

Re: Partly OT - Van Morrison, Rolling Stones
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 5, 2022 19:07

According to the web page from the link above, Reelin and Rockin on CD 2 is a rare Radio Luxemberg recording. Is this correct ?

However CD 1 lists only 26 tracks but gives recording details for 28 tracks ?

So how accurate are the recording details here? Any information anyone?

Date: April 5, 2022 21:59

Hello Kingbeebuzz

Thank you so much for pointing this out.

I posted an earlier version of the sleevenotes by mistake. I have now corrected the version at [onlyrockandroll.london]

The sleevenotes on the CD are correct, I just checked.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 6, 2022 18:11

Mmmmmmmmm !

Thank you for the update JohnnyThunders but I think you need to also check track 27 on CD 2 which you have titled “Useless Information”. Obviously a major new discovery ! Should it in fact be Satisfaction ?

It doesn’t inspire confidence that Reelin and Rockin is in fact a Luxembourg track.

Date: April 6, 2022 19:38

"Useless Information" was the name given to the track by by Hullabaloo themselves...

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: April 7, 2022 11:26

I was about to post about the Stones on tour 65 which I bought last week end at a FNAC store in France.
Nothing new inside but a nice compilation of live tracks from 65 on CD1 . Sound is improved in my opinion as I have the same tracks from other sources which don't sound as good as these ones.
Second CD is about TV shows with , most of the time, live vocals over pre recorded music ( sometimes quite different from studio versions).
A good booklet with well written comments.
A nice buy I think worth every euro spent.

Date: April 7, 2022 12:09

Thank you for the kind words Olympia. We do remaster everything to try and optimise sound quality, good to know you noticed the difference!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home