Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: TUMBLIN' DICE series (M. Taylor, B. Keys, I. Neville) - Vol 08c - 17 July 1993 - Miami ( merge from both sources)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: February 4, 2022 10:09

Mick TAYLOR
With TUMBLIN’ DICE

This is a series dedicated to Mick Taylor's shows with Tumblin’ Dice.

Tumblin’ Dice is the name of the band that Mick Taylor toured with (mainly) in the South of the US in 1992 - 1993.
This group also included the legendary Bobby Keys and sometimes the late great Nicky Hopkins or (from the X-Pensive Winos) Ivan Neville in its line-up.
A big thank you to all the people who recorded these shows, to my two accomplices nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave me the benefit of their versions of these shows and their advice and support... and therefore without whom this project would not have been possible.

Part III: Summer 1993 USA gigs
Volume 08c
MIAMI
The Stephen Talkhouse
(17th July 1993)
- merge of both sources -

17th July 1993: TUMBLIN' DICE. Miami, Florida, The Stephen Talkhouse
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Bobby Keys (sax)/Ivan Neville (keyb, voc)/Fuzzy Samuels (bass)/Jerry Serino (dr)

For now, this is the one and only show from this Tumblin’ Dice line-up that circulates.
We have two versions coming from two different sources.
Nzb and me have the same recording that contains the 3 last tracks but misses the two Ivan Neville songs.
The second version is coming from ‘Lobito’ and was posted by Kingrue in The Trader’s Den (see the info file). This soundboard has a better sound, centered on Ivan Neville's piano and voice but “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy” is incomplete and the last 3 tracks (where MT is more present) are missing.
I decided to do 3 versions for this show IMHO all interesting:
Vol 08a is nzb’s version reworked: it contains all the MT parts.
Vol 08b is a mix of both sources: the basis is Lobito’s version which I completed with parts of nzb’s source: the idea is to get the most complete recording in the best possible quality.
Vol 08c is a merge of both sources, of course it contains only the mutual tracks (the 1st set and two tracks from the 2nd set) and I like the result very much.

CD1: (0:50:39)
(1st set)
01 – intro
02 – unidentified instrumental
03 – Bad Boy
04 – band introduction
05 – You Shook Me
06 – I Wonder Why
07 – Mercy Mercy Mercy

CD2: (0:31:49)
01 – Hell To Tell
(partial 2nd set)
02 – intro for Padlock
03 – Padlock
04 – banter
05 – Hide Away

Nzb’s source was decelerated by around -3,67% to be in synch with Lobito's version.
Because of little speed variations in the tracks it was done by fragments of 30 seconds to 1 minute and then rebuilt.

A special ‘thank you’ to Lobito who recorded this show and for Kingrue who put it in circulation on The Trader's Den.
As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2022 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 11/02/22
[we.tl]
this is the last volume of this series

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: TUMBLIN' DICE series (M. Taylor, B. Keys, I. Neville) - Vol 08c - 17 July 1993 - Miami ( merge from both sources)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 4, 2022 12:06

Stonesvault link

Tumblin Dice (M. Taylor, B. Keys, I. Neville) Vol 08c - 1993-07-17 Miami (merge of 2 sources) [www.filefactory.com]

Re: POST: TUMBLIN' DICE series (M. Taylor, B. Keys, I. Neville) - Vol 08c - 17 July 1993 - Miami ( merge from both sources)
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: February 4, 2022 13:05

Thanks for another series - they are much appreciated

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: February 4, 2022 13:32

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: February 4, 2022 14:13

Thanks for this MT series.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 4, 2022 16:25

Thanks a lot for this 3rd version Norbert!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: February 4, 2022 16:41

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: February 4, 2022 17:08

Thanks a lot for this great series!

N

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: February 4, 2022 18:26

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: February 4, 2022 22:33

nbutton
Thanks for another series - they are much appreciated

X2

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: February 4, 2022 22:52

Thanks very much Norbert!!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: February 5, 2022 03:46

Thank you.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: February 5, 2022 06:05

Thanks so much for this!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: February 6, 2022 04:39

Yes, thank you so much for another great MT series!!!

Posted by: jasonthebuc ()
Date: February 7, 2022 02:10

Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home