Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Not completely OT - The Beatles IMAX Rooftop Concert
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 11:18

That's right - The Beatles really are Stones-related and not Stones OT! Y'all see, some Stones were there for the 1967 Our World live performabce of All You Need Is Love. [en.wikipedia.org]) doesn't say which Stones were there, but Mick is easily spotted (at about 2:38), I think Keef as well (at about 3:25).

And to get to the point, has anybody got the IMAX Rooftop 1-hour thing that's just been released, and can they please put it up here?

There was also an associated Q & A session with Peter Jackson.

Re: Not completely OT - The Beatles IMAX Rooftop Concert
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 15:02

stonesman87
That's right - The Beatles really are Stones-related and not Stones OT! Y'all see, some Stones were there for the 1967 Our World live performabce of All You Need Is Love. [en.wikipedia.org]) doesn't say which Stones were there, but Mick is easily spotted (at about 2:38), I think Keef as well (at about 3:25).

And to get to the point, has anybody got the IMAX Rooftop 1-hour thing that's just been released, and can they please put it up here?

There was also an associated Q & A session with Peter Jackson.

Download available is only audio.

The IMAX isn't streamed anywhere and I doubt that someone filmed from the screen.
I guess we have to hope for a deluxe edition on Blu Ray containing this special.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 15:03

Here#s what one guy had to say who was at the IMAX:

Was lucky enough to see it at a sold out London BFI IMAX yesterday. It had both the split screens and the interviews, and it was probably the most astonishing thing I've seen at a cinema since I saw Star Wars aged 7. The combination of both stellar visuals and an utterly incredible sound was fabulous. The second Paul revs up his bass, and then Ringo starts drumming, you realise the amps are all cranked up to 11. It is physically loud in a way that hits you, like seeing a band live. This is not the same experience as watching it at home.

It isn't (I think) exactly the same as the series footage - the split screens are sometimes 3 in a row in a way that might fill a 21:9 screen, sometimes 2x2 in a way that fills a 4:3 screen and sometimes 3 arranged 1 in 4:3 with 2 screens one on top of the other to the left or right (you'll appreciate I didn't have a ruler out so forgive me if the ratios are wrong). The latter 2 versions in particular filled the whole IMAX screen. Because there is so much going on when you have split screens, it's a complete feast for the eyes - you could watch it 3-4 times and spot new things each time. Kevin getting seriously into the first take of Get Back, doorman Jimmy getting a little teary eyed when he finally makes it to the rooftop - both of these were new to me.

I have a suspicion that the interviews (which frankly, I love) were only over the released tracks, which makes me wonder if there is some kind of copyright issue - maybe only UMG can release the uninterrupted music?

Before the film, Peter Jackson did a superb hour long Q&A. Information that I'm not sure we had before:
- In the last few years they interviewed loads of involved people on film - on his ipad he played 5 seconds of an interview with PC Ray Dagg on the rooftop. The idea was to get as full a picture of goings on as possible, and presumably he had one eye on a deluxe box set.
- He mentioned 3-4 hours of White album film footage
- He showed his ipad with the 10 cameras synced to the music and how cameras were going on and off all the time.
- the IMAX version has its own unique audio mix, supervised by Giles at the only IMAX audio suite in the UK - in, unbelievably, Twickenham
- He sounded a lot less bullish about a Directors cut than on the podcasts a couple of months back

Also before the film, there was the 10 minute preamble that we got at the start of Get Back, and my word some of that footage is in need of restoration.

If you get a chance to see it, do. There are not too many chances for new Beatles experiences and this is definitely one.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 1, 2022 15:40

stonesman87

has anybody got the IMAX Rooftop 1-hour thing that's just been released, and can they please put it up here?

No one will put it up here since it's official stuff owned by Disney and Apple Corps (Beatles, not Computers). The IMAX Rooftop 60mins-special is exactly the same cut as in the Disney docuseries.

See also the Beatles-Thread in the Tell Me section - [iorr.org] . The BR/DVD will be available soon - [iorr.org] , [www.TheBeatlesonline.co.uk] . There's currently a delay in the DVD/BR release - [Twitter.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-06 16:00 by Irix.

Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: February 1, 2022 23:53

I went and thought it was exact to the Disney stream outside of a better audio BUT... The audio was NOT that of what was just released a few days ago, Still had the sound drops and talking while the songs were played. Outside of a big screen and getting goodies like a Poster, Lanyard, and card. I was a little disappointed.
I went back in as the last were leaving and was given a lot of goodies that were left.

Date: February 2, 2022 02:21

Opinion appears to be divided about whether or not it's the same as in docuseries part 3.

What I know is that it's reported to be 60 minutes in duration. The segment near the end of dosuseries part 3, including all conceivable pre- and post- stuff, appears to be no more than 48 minutes (starting close to 55:20 from the end (homing in on the calendar showing 30 in a circle) and ending close to 7:20 from the end (homing in on the calendar showing 31 - "last day"), all this being the 30 January segment.

Based on that, the IMAX feature is 12 minutes longer. Can anybody comment on that?

Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: February 2, 2022 04:52

I've watched the New "Rooftop" version many times but only the post show a couple times and I was watching for something new and did not notice anything new. I was hoping the new audio with no talking in songs is what I thought it would be. But after the Q & A To me it was the Disney version with a new mix of the same audio. I may have missed new squeezed in clip post show but not no 2 to 10 minutes. But I don't think so.

Date: February 2, 2022 08:40

Could it be that the IMAX feature is the 48 minutes from docuseries part 3 plus 12 minutes of PJ Q&A? Somebody who's been to the theatre should be able to confirm.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2022 13:50

stonesman87

Based on that, the IMAX feature is 12 minutes longer. Can anybody comment on that?

"SDE can confirm that this special one-hour ‘Rooftop Concert’ (not ‘Rooftop Performance’, as the audio stream is branded) is identical to what is in the full Get Back documentary. It is not a special re-edit. All the interviews with people are still in the cut. It does start with the intro at the very beginning of Get Back – which gives you the potted history of The Beatles – and then cuts to the activity on 30 January 1969. The post-Rooftop footage remains (i.e. listening to playback and recording bits of ‘Two of Us’, ‘The Long and Winding Road’ and ‘Let It Be’)." - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , [iorr.org] .

The IMAX 60mins-special is a combination of excerpts from part 1 & 3 of the Disney docuseries - [www.Cleveland.com] .

It'll re-run across the globe in cinemas 9-13 February 2022 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-02 14:50 by Irix.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 3, 2022 17:49

When you have a Filefactory account you will have a search option.
I did share 3 volumes of 2 hours each when the Beatles were rehearsing and finaly did get on this rooftop "show"

I tried to share the copied links, but that didn't work.
When you have a Filefactory account you can download ir, but will have to create a new upload to be able to share it.

A couple of weeks ago I learned from my daughter when I asked her where she downloaded this beatles episodes and told me she used my filefactory account, and has downloaded lots of Tv show that she deletes after having them played.

I did not save this rooftop because I need not to see this in total six hours anymore, and when I feel to it again, I will just look and see if it's still available for download by this search option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-03 17:56 by stonesmuziekfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home