Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Risk Disc presents "Shine or Rain Dallas Again"
Posted by: sumi ()
Date: November 14, 2005 22:57

Risk Disc presents:
Shine or Rain Dallas Again
Dallas
31/10/1981
1/11/1981
both in soundboard quality.
This time title coming on DVD-A
Price is
20 e for europe
or
$26 for rest of the world
Cover contain never seen photos from two 1981 concerts.
[www.riskdisc.com]

Re: Risk Disc presents "Shine or Rain Dallas Again"
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 14, 2005 23:09

Nice to download the free torrents, add some art, and charge $26. You should work for the Stones. Better yet, you should charge $26 for the privilidge of peeking at the art and offer a refund 2 months later.

PT Barnum was right about suckers.

Date: November 14, 2005 23:14

Risk Disc exist before of age of torrents, but it's looks like that you discover bootleg world in "torrent age" to sad for you.Anyway thanks for opinion.

Date: November 14, 2005 23:25

sumi, are you saying RD is the source of these CDs? I think you have the chicken and egg backward. All the recently released 81 S/bs are coming from the same place. Funny the lables don't come out with them BEFORE they are shared instead of after.

Date: November 14, 2005 23:37

No Risk Disc is not source of this.All RD titles come from previosly circulated material except Athens 98 and tucson 1972.But problem is if I will put out uncirculated material, you will say the same..but I say again, ok no problem.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 15, 2005 00:41

What is there always people nagging when a label put out a CD? Dont buy it if you dont want it. Actually, I felt the urge to buy it just beacause of this whining. Im pleased with my CDs from Risk Disc.

Date: November 15, 2005 00:44

By the way, what does DVD-A mean? Is it playable on usual CD-players? Is it recordable DVDs or pressed? Thanks.

Date: November 15, 2005 00:52

I did not hear that you can play DVD in CD playersmiling smiley
It means that it is DVD with only audio content.You can play in any DVD player.
it is DVD-R (verbatim)

Date: November 15, 2005 00:58

If you want to pay $26 for some pictures, be my guest. Just be clear what is really being sold here and at what price. It seems a lot of money for a fancy package, but it is a free world.

Date: November 15, 2005 05:31

Dear Steven,
i will tell you some facts about collecting bootlegs.
I will tell you from angle of Risk Disc.
70% of my customers buy titles only for "fancy package"
50% --------------- listen titles once and put in "risk disc folder"
30%---------------- listen titles several times
20% --------------- just check if cd plays beacouse already have it
poent of this title is to put out some private photos which I have several years in my collection.
I will do soon with '69, '72, '75,'89...
If I realese somethning uncirculated, I will put same day on dimeadozen site.
So everybody in this world will find satisfaction.
P.S
I have many bootleg LP's.Most of them I played once, some never played.Sometimes I look them, sometimes I feel smell of vinyl, somethimes is enough to think what i have in box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-15 05:54 by sumi.

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: November 15, 2005 10:11

Steven
leave Sumi alone, if you don't want to buy, then don't, this is a buy sell trade forum,
stop harrasing people who want to sell stuff
if you want free stuff
go to DAD Torrent whatever site or go to RollingStonesboot on yahoo group for trading

if people want to sell, it is up to us if we decide to buy...don't make such a big deal about it,it's all in the 'collecting ' and how you do it that is up to all of us
i prefer silver, even if they are costly ,
and a lot of us do, that's why we are here , sell buy trade remember :-)

cheers
Peter

Posted by: smith ()
Date: November 16, 2005 08:54

FUNNY - a good one again :-)

It's lousy € 20,- for a great collectors-item - and the bitching goes on.

It seems to be the right of the younger generation to put down every seller and every buyer of something special. I tell ya people, there'd been collectors (and I mean collectors of something more special than a Fuji-disc from a spindle) for ages - why are you trying to spoil their fun?

Buy your spindles, burn your discs and don't for get to tell everybody what great collection you have - and leave us alone with all your whining...

silk (and I'm addicted to up- and download - BUT I'm a collector too)

Date: November 16, 2005 12:38

Funny, the Stones write a CD of new material and have trouble selling it for $11, yet some fools pay $26 for artwork and call it a collectors item. Hard to figure, but easy money if you can get it. It is also interesting that those paying $26 for artwork are the first to bitch about ticket prices.

Date: November 16, 2005 12:54

Why do you call people fools, and why do you presume that people buying bootlegs is the same to complain about ticket prices? Who are you to know that? I dont call you a fool, even though we have different opinois.

Date: November 16, 2005 13:01

(...opinions.) Opinois looks greek.

Date: November 16, 2005 14:21

Dear Steven,
Do you complain to me as a seller or people who buy this?As everything in modern world this is market too.No buyers-no product.It is very sad but I must say where is your problem.Modern tehnology give you possibilities to put on 2CD complete concert under $0.5, yes it is fine, nearly free.But what with books??if you want to photocopy book it will cost you more than book.you can scan book and read on monitor,but what does it feels to read book on monitor???Had you ever have a wish to read books about stones,I guess yes, but cost you.And you have conflict in your mind "I wish it, but I don't want to pay...grrr why I must pay when everything is free grr"and frustraction go on....and here we are on this board.Similar is with bootlegs.I am really so sorry about fact that if you want to print my covers it will cost you more than usually and never be nearly as original.At the end, I am very happy to know that exist people like you, I like this posts...it gives me more energy to work.

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: November 16, 2005 15:48

Steven thinks everything should be free...............we trade man we don't buy or sell............what he does not realise is that trading is illegal as well and don't try to deny it. If people want to but stuff what has it got to do with you, I mean this board is BUY, sellor trade.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: November 16, 2005 17:12

OK... my 2 cents worth...
I use to go to local record fests for the express purpose of seeing what new Stones boots were out there. In the early 90s when CD boots came out it was great, we had these shows on CD! Then, around the mid 90s I saw a sharp dip in the boot prices ... a big drop in prices. That CD that cost $80US was now going for less than half that. The prices continued to drop and soon you could find CDR copies with artwork for around $10US. Of course now you can't really find them anywhere because you can trade or download them off the internet.
But throughout all this there was always that one guy at the record fests that had his booth set up and he was still selling these $80US packages. As the CDs got cheaper and they went to CDR copies this guys stuff got more elaborate and more expensive. I remember seeing the very much available Hampton 81 show in a box set for over $100US that he was selling. What I came to find out is that there were some collectors that were interested in more than just the recordings, they did like the packaging. As the CDR packages took over and got slightly cheaper in appearance the well made silver pressings got even more elaborate and more expensive because of the lack of available product. The demand for these items must have been triple what they were before. So my 2 cents? To each his own, we all have different demands and wants. No need trying to agree with the reasons, just accept them. I for one am glad that there are still people interested in the Stones at all... silver or CDR, box set or slip cover, mail order or download... we are all fans.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 16, 2005 19:18

say what you want about people collecting originals, but i am very happy with
all my vgp original cds and many other labels also, thats just me, i like collecting originals for the most part, but its not for everyone i guess

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: November 16, 2005 21:32

Sumi, are both show complete ? songs are complete ?

Posted by: makim ()
Date: November 18, 2005 12:02

It has been said already that those that want to collect originals should do it and those who prefer to trade should trade (however it should be kept in mind that trading without silver CDs as masters or traders donating their work would not be possible).

I disagree with the whining about the price for this item (which includes postage, correct me if I am wrong). There are many CDs with unspectacular artwork that you would not get for this price. In fact I found the Risc Disc artwork always very pleasing, having an "own style" and prices were always in the lower range compared to other labels.

Date: November 21, 2005 15:18

DirtyWorks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sumi, are both show complete ? songs are complete
> ?
Well,it is circualted material, not new.
dallas 31.10.1981
probably missing waiting on a friend, but personaly I think that they did not played.
Also probably missing satisfaction (very strange that they did not played, but I did not notice cuts after JJF and outro..but who knows)
dallas 1.11.1981
incoplete waiting on a friend replaced with complete song from Lexington 11.12.1981.
to "makim", yes my price include postage.I will be very happy that I can find product as my on market with this price, it will be nice additions in my collections....but I really did not find..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home