Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with 'wetransfer'.............
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 2, 2021 21:43

I wonder if anyone has got any ideas about this and can help me out?

About a year ago I found that using Windows 10 with mostly Firefox but also Internet Explorer 'wetransfer' started crashing after about 50% of the download...........never completed.

So, out of desperation I tried Windows XP with Firefox on a different computer I have.

Up until tonight that has proved ok. No problems.

Tonight though, I go to use Windows XP as usual but when I clicked on the link (of Amarant's St. Louis) all I got was a blank page. I tried with a few links, including my own Ian Dury 'wetransfer' links from this week and the same, blank pages.

I went back to Windows 10 and tried again with Firefox & Internet Explorer, this time, I could get the page up but it's the same, won't complete a download.

confused smiley ....any expert advice greatly appreciated ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-02 21:55 by EddieByword.

Re: Help with 'wetransfer'.............
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 2, 2021 22:14

it always works for me and i reguraly download from we transfer with a laptop from 2005 running xp

maybe the old version of firefox you have on the xp machine won't work with wt anymore i think the last version for it was released in 2016 try a browser called kmelon that's what i use in xp it had a version released last year that works with xp so that's about as up to date as you can get with a xp browser in 2021
wish i had a link for you but think you can find it on wikipedia they should have a link to the site from there

can you take any of your win 10 computer's to a friend's house or a library or something see if they work on there internet

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 2, 2021 22:40

EddieByword

I went back to Windows 10 and tried again with Firefox & Internet Explorer, this time, I could get the page up but it's the same, won't complete a download.

Maybe you could try the Google Chrome Browser instead of Firefox with Windows 10?

Btw: Windows XP & Internet Explorer are hopelessly outdated and have a lot of security holes ....

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: November 2, 2021 23:16

Instead of Internet Explorer try Microsoft Edge with Windows 10.
Internet Explorer is out of date for Windows 10.

Date: November 2, 2021 23:46

Thanks everyone......... a great help.

Weirdly, I tried windows 10 with Firefox again and for the first time in about 15 attempts it completed the download???

Irix, thanks and I appreciate XP is way out of date and so up until tonight I only ever used it for wetransfer.

Also, The Don, you reminded me I had Edge installed so am trying that now with the second download...

Thanks Prof.....I've made a note of K-Meleon, thanks........

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 3, 2021 01:02

EddieByword
Thanks everyone......... a great help.

Weirdly, I tried windows 10 with Firefox again and for the first time in about 15 attempts it completed the download???

Irix, thanks and I appreciate XP is way out of date and so up until tonight I only ever used it for wetransfer.

Also, The Don, you reminded me I had Edge installed so am trying that now with the second download...

Thanks Prof.....I've made a note of K-Meleon, thanks........

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

your welcome and good luck

something interesting and a little off topic
but i've used wt with a laptop running win 2000 and a k-melon browser within the last year and it worked

Date: November 3, 2021 19:40

I just found this on the internet.............

Windows XP is outdated and is no longer compatible with WeTransfer. 13 Oct 2021

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:43

EddieByword
I just found this on the internet.............

Windows XP is outdated and is no longer compatible with WeTransfer. 13 Oct 2021

Sucks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home