Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ISO: MFSL Millennium Collection
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 7, 2021 14:27

Hi,

I'd love to hear the MFSL Millennium Collection of Sticky Fingers and Some Girls in particular.

Thanks,
Exile Stones

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. MFSL 1-160/169/170/087 [www.giginjapan.com]

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. MFSL 1-165/166/167/168 [www.giginjapan.com]

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. MFSL 1-161/162/163/164 [www.giginjapan.com]

Re: ISO: MFSL Millennium Collection
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 7, 2021 16:19

MFSL never had rights for production of the CDs for The Rolling Stones.

Most probably this release is a kind of a needle drop made by somebody using known vinyl source and more or less advanced playback/ripping setup. I bet you can find quite a few needle drops of those releases on torrent sites. Try also to check Prof. Stoned or pbthal sites for those.

PS. That Millennium Remasters Collection blurb is utter gibberish.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: September 8, 2021 12:47

SF MFSL
[we.tl]
SG MFSL
[we.tl]
smileys with beer

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: September 8, 2021 17:27

Thank you

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 8, 2021 23:11

The Millennium Remasters Collection - audiophile archival recordings. Mono or stereo original sources done with 24-bit mastering.

The folks at Millennium Remasters have taken the Mobile Fidelty Sound Labs 12-LP boxset "The Rolling Stones" and expertly tranfered the high-quality MFSL half-speed mastered LPs to CD. The sound quality is in amazing true mono and stereo.

The discs were released in a 4-disc jewel case arrangement including an information booklet in each.

I have this 12 LP rips in my mp3 folder, but the tracks state Flac.
Some Girls is 206 MB while Broessels upload is 228 MB, so reason to believe mine are indeed lossy, but must check.

edit;
Both mine and Broessel's Some Girls CD reach up to 17000 Hz
The difference in MB-size is that I miss the artwork, so when Broessel will upload the full set, or the art of this full set, I can make my set complete and upload to Stonesvault.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-08 23:25 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: September 8, 2021 23:22

stonesmuziekfan
The Millennium Remasters Collection - audiophile archival recordings. Mono or stereo original sources done with 24-bit mastering.

The folks at Millennium Remasters have taken the Mobile Fidelty Sound Labs 12-LP boxset "The Rolling Stones" and expertly tranfered the high-quality MFSL half-speed mastered LPs to CD. The sound quality is in amazing true mono and stereo.

The discs were released in a 4-disc jewel case arrangement including an information booklet in each.

Some Girls is 206 MB while Broessels upload is 228 MB, so reason to believe mine are indeed lossy, but must check.
I am not allowed to provide a direct link to official material, but if you'll search that infamous russian site you'll find
The Rolling Stones - Original Master Recordings Box Set [11 LP] in 24/192 format as big as 17.42 GB and another one in 24/96 (two versions - transferred by by Dr.Robert and by vinylhound) 17.84 GB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 12:12 by ironbelly.

Date: September 8, 2021 23:48

THX ironbelly

Date: September 12, 2021 11:39

ironbelly
MFSL never had rights for production of the CDs for The Rolling Stones.

Most probably this release is a kind of a needle drop made by somebody using known vinyl source and more or less advanced playback/ripping setup. I bet you can find quite a few needle drops of those releases on torrent sites. Try also to check Prof. Stoned or pbthal sites for those.

PS. That Millennium Remasters Collection blurb is utter gibberish.

I figured most of the pirated material came from CDs. However, I don't think MFSL Sticky Fingers or Some Girls were released on CD.

Ironbelly, you have me wondering about pbthal and needle drop. Does anyone have any links to any pbthal and needle drops?

Date: September 12, 2021 11:39

Broesel2404
SF MFSL
[we.tl]
SG MFSL
[we.tl]
smileys with beer

smileys with beer is right! Thank you.

Date: September 12, 2021 11:42

stonesmuziekfan

edit;
Both mine and Broessel's Some Girls CD reach up to 17000 Hz
The difference in MB-size is that I miss the artwork, so when Broessel will upload the full set, or the art of this full set, I can make my set complete and upload to Stonesvault.

mp3? Hopefully, you'll be able to get us flac if you don't have the higher quality.

I wonder if LP rips would be better than the CDs?

Date: September 12, 2021 11:44

ironbelly
stonesmuziekfan

I am not allowed to provide a direct link to official material, but if you'll search that infamous russian site you'll find
The Rolling Stones - Original Master Recordings Box Set [11 LP] in 24/192 format as big as 17.42 GB and another one in 24/96 (two versions - transferred by by Dr.Robert and by vinylhound) 17.84 GB

I don't know the Russian site (I think I did stumble across it once).

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 12, 2021 17:47

smileys with beer

Date: September 13, 2021 11:33

exilestones

I figured most of the pirated material came from CDs. However, I don't think MFSL Sticky Fingers or Some Girls were released on CD.

Ironbelly, you have me wondering about pbthal and needle drop. Does anyone have any links to any pbthal and needle drops?
Not a single CD of The Rolling Stones was released by MFSL. MFSL provided some A->D transfers that ended up on old West German and Japanese London CDs. That is it. Sticky Fingers and Some Girls were never released on CD with MFSL involvement. Any CD that states MFSL whatever Remaster is a pirate one.

It is not allowed here to present links to official material. You should google for pbthal archives. The site is full of vinyl rips (aka neddledrops) made on high quality equipment (not only Stones). But again, as long as almost everything is official - no links here.

exilestones
Depends on many factors. There is no ultimate answer. Lets say, an average Joe using regular equipment can not produce good needledrop. You should trust the pro. Also, recent LPs sound better because limitations of vinyl technology do not allow extremely high compression and very high volumes. Thus, needledrops of those should sound better than CD. But there is to many water under that bridge, lots of other stuff too.

exilestones
The name of that torrent site is rutracker. Again, no links and no discussion of the content over there because mostly official material is presented. Google yourself. Please keep in mind that for some territories i-net providers block that site like piratebay.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 15:07 by ironbelly.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 19:49

Mail me if you are interested in.

Posted by: Jamco ()
Date: September 14, 2021 17:30

Here I leave the links of the 12 albums and their covers. Links will expire in a week.

[we.tl]
[we.tl]
[we.tl]

THE ROLLING STONES
The Rolling Stones MFSL Collection
Millennium Remasters

The Rolling Stones set includes the albums from the MFSL BOX SET: THE ROLLING STONES (UK version), 12 X 5, OUT OF OUR HEADS (US version), AFTERMATH (UK version), BETWEEN THE BUTTONS (UK version), THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST, BEGGAR'S BANQUET, LET IT BLEED, GET YOUR YA-YA'S OUT!, and HOT ROCKS. To complete the set, MFSL's other titles STICKY FINGERS and SOME GIRLS are also included.

The Rolling Stones set has been in the works for quite awhile and just about never saw the light of day because of the SACD releases. The new SACDs are great sounding and are a lot of fun to listen to. Much of the Stones' material wasn't recorded under the best of conditions. The SACDs often smooth out the characteristic hard-edged sound and bring out some detail lost in the red line. Nevertheless, the MFSL LPs have a clean, precise sound stage that is somewhat lacking on the SACDs. They have a less compressed sound and really stand up on their own. In other words, they wouldn't be offered if not felt to be a worthwhile listening experience.

----------------------------------------------------------

THE ROLLING STONES
01 Route 66
02 I Just Want to Make Love to You
03 Honest I Do
04 I Need You Baby
05 Now I've Got a Witness
06 Little by Little
07 I'm a King Bee
08 Carol
09 Tell Me
10 Can I Get a Witness
11 You Can Make It If You Try
12 Walking the Dog

12 X 5
01 Around and Around
02 Congessin' the Blues
03 Empty Heart
04 Time Is On My Side
05 Good Times, Bad Times
06 It's All Over Now
07 2120 South Michigan Avenue
08 Under the Boardwalk
09 Congratulations
10 Grown Up Wrong
11 If You Need Me
12 Susie Q.

OUT OF OUR HEADS
01 Mercy Mercy
02 Hitch Hike
03 The Last Time
04 That's How Strong My Love Is
05 Good Times
06 I'm All Right
07 Satisfaction
08 Cry to Me
09 The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
10 Play with Fire
11 The Spider and the Fly
12 One More Try

AFTERMATH
01 Mother's Little Helper
02 Stupid Girl
03 Lady Jane
04 Under My Thumb
05 Doncha Bother Me
06 Goin' Home
07 Flight 505
08 High and Dry
09 Out of Time
10 It's Not Easy
11 I Am Waiting
12 Take It or Leave It
13 Think
14 What to Do

BETWEEN THE BUTTONS
01 Yesterday's Papers
02 My Obsession
03 Back Street Girl
04 Connection
05 She Smiled Sweetly
06 Cool, Calm and Collected
07 All Sold Out
08 Please Go Home
09 Who's Been Sleeping Here?
10 Complicated
11 Miss Amanda Jones
12 Something Happened to Me Yesterday

THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST
01 Sing This All Together
02 Citadel
03 In Another Land
04 2,000 Man
05 Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
06 She's a Rainbow
07 The Lantern
08 Gomper
09 2,000 Light Years from Home
10 On with the Show

BEGGARS BANQUET
01 Sympathy for the Devil
02 No Expectations
03 Dear Doctor
04 Parachute Woman
05 Jig-Saw Puzzle
06 Street Fighting Man
07 Prodigal Son
08 Stray Cat Blues
09 Factory Girl
10 Salt of the Earth

LET IT BLEED
01 Gimme Shelter
02 Love in Vain
03 Country Honk
04 Live with Me
05 Let It Bleed
06 Midnight Rambler
07 You Got the Silver
08 Monkey Man
09 You Can't Always Get What You Want

GET YER YA-YA'S OUT!
01 Jumpin' Jack Flash
02 Carol
03 Stray Cat Blues
04 Love in Vain
05 Midnight Rambler
06 Sympathy for the Devil
07 Live with Me
08 Little Queenie
09 Honky Tonk Woman
10 Street Fighting Man

HOT ROCKS
01 Time Is On My Side
02 Heart of Stone
03 Play with Fire
04 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
05 As Tears Go By
06 Get Off My Cloud
07 Mother's Little Helper
08 19th Nervous Breakdown
09 Paint It, Black
10 Under My Thumb
11 Ruby Tuesday
12 Let's Spend the Night Together
13 Jumping Jack Flash
14 Street Fighting Man
15 Sympathy for the Devil
16 Honky Tonk Woman
17 Gimme Shelter
18 Midnight Rambler (live)
19 You Can't Always Get What You Want
20 Brown Sugar
21 Wild Horses

STICKY FINGERS
01 Brown Sugar
02 Sway
03 Wild Horses
04 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
05 You Gotta Move
06 Bitch
07 I Got the Blues
08 Sister Morphine
09 Dead Flowers
10 Moonlight Mile

SOME GIRLS
01 Miss You
02 When the Whip Comes Down
03 Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)
04 Some Girls
05 Lies
06 Far Away Eyes
07 Respectable
08 Before They Make Me Run
09 Beast of Burden
10 Shattered

Date: September 14, 2021 21:33

THX for the artwork

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:53

smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 15, 2021 00:51

smileys with beer

Date: September 15, 2021 12:13

ironbelly
exilestones

Not a single CD of The Rolling Stones was released by MFSL. MFSL provided some A->D transfers that ended up on old West German and Japanese London CDs.

I understand the MFSL made no CDs but they did produce the LPs? Am I correct?

That is it. Sticky Fingers and Some Girls were never released on CD with MFSL involvement. Any CD that states MFSL whatever Remaster is a pirate one.

I know that Sticky Fingers and Some Girls were never released by MFSL, just the LPs. I remember hearing the MFSL Some Girls a long time ago and don't remember it being much different from what I was used to.

Thanks to a great person on IORR I'll get to hear both MFSL Some Girls and Sticky Fingers. I was hoping we'd get a much different mix of Sticky Fingers and Some Girls as we did with the MFSL London/POCD CDs.

It is not allowed here to present links to official material. You should google for pbthal archives. The site is full of vinyl rips (aka neddledrops) made on high quality equipment (not only Stones). But again, as long as almost everything is official - no links here.

That Google search should be easy enough. I have email too ;0). I've seen "Needledrop" before and have a great Hot Rocks that says it's 'NeedleDrop." Is Needle Drop a person, label or a term used to describe a quality of a vinyl rip? I know that the NeedlDrop of Hot Rocks is fabulous! I have often considered making my own Hot Rocks and using YCAGWYW and Midnight Rambler from MFSL mixes. Sympathy from the second London Years/Singles, etc..

exilestones

Depends on many factors. There is no ultimate answer. Lets say, an average Joe using regular equipment can not produce good needledrop. You should trust the pro. Also, recent LPs sound better because limitations of vinyl technology do not allow extremely high compression and very high volumes. Thus, needledrops of those should sound better than CD. But there is to many water under that bridge, lots of other stuff too.

Oh, yeah, roger that! The results are only as good as the person and equipment producing the material.

exilestones
The name of that torrent site is rutracker. Again, no links and no discussion of the content over there because mostly official material is presented. Google yourself. Please keep in mind that for some territories i-net providers block that site like piratebay.

Thanks for the information most knowledgeable one!

Here's a question I've been wondering about for a long time....

The MFSL mixes of the Rolling Stones albums first came out on the London label. It's my belief that the CDs from the 1980s are not as sonically good as CDs from after 1991 or so. Take the first Steel Wheels for example and compare it to the second release.

Since I believe 1980s CDs are not as sonically good as CDs from after the 1990s, I wonder if the best sounding MFSL CDs are from the POCD series?

I've been waiting for you to get back from vacation to ask this question.

I'd love to have rips of all of the POCD releases! Does anyone have the POCD releases to share? The Stones Vault needs them. There are a couple of empty shelves in the Stones Vault just waiting for them!

IornBelly, will you please repost the photos of the collection of your London, POCD CDs, etc... It's okay if I drool over them at my computer, nobody can see me except my dog. Max drools a lot himself, anyway.

Also, I understand the first two issues of the London CDs are best compared to the later rereleases due to the fade-ins. But there are only a few LONDON CDs with fade-ins, right? Only certain songs, right? Do we have a list of the fade-ins? Maybe some of the third, fourth, etc.. pressings of the London CDs are very good?

If you would confirm if I have this information correct, none of the Japanese MFSL releases have fade-ins?

Next question: Are the P33L series and the P25L series all MFSL mixes?

All of this research, collecting, questions are all bout the hunt for finding every mix and version of every Rolling Stones song.

My #1 question for this thread - When it comes to the MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs) mixes of the Rolling Stones, is there one series that is better than another? Are there individual releases of certain albums (MFSL mix) that are better than the others?

Thank you, Ironbelly for your time and generosity. You make the Rolling Stones even more of a fun hobby as many people on IORR do. Love you all!

If anyone is interested in more of my never-ending questions about these releases and Iornbelly's excellent answers go to: [iorr.org]

Date: September 21, 2021 21:08

exilestones
I've seen "Needledrop" before and have a great Hot Rocks that says it's 'NeedleDrop." Is Needle Drop a person, label or a term used to describe a quality of a vinyl rip?
Needle Drop = Vinyl Rip. Usually winking smiley

exilestones
The MFSL mixes of the Rolling Stones albums first came out on the London label. It's my belief that the CDs from the 1980s are not as sonically good as CDs from after 1991 or so. Take the first Steel Wheels for example and compare it to the second release.
What do you mean by 1st and 2nd release of Steel Wheels? If you are talking CBS (1989) and Virgin (1994) - that is different mastering. And you should compare mastering but not releases. It does not mean that CD made in the 80s sound worth than CD made in the 90. They are of different mastering.

exilestones
Since I believe 1980s CDs are not as sonically good as CDs from after the 1990s,
Most of the audiophiles from S. Hoffman music forum will disagree with you

exilestones
I wonder if the best sounding MFSL CDs are from the POCD series?
No. They are digital clones to previous releases. Take any line of your table
P33L25014=P25L25031=POCD1911
P33L25008=P25L25032=POCD1912
P33L25015=P25L25033=POCD1913
And so on and so forth
Digital clone means that if you will rip the CD using EAC in secure mode you will get the very same 1001001 for P33L25014 and P25L25031 and POCD1911...
It means that the rips of those discs will be digitally indistinguishable.

Thus, the first part is controversial statement. POCD series digitally are not any different from P25L and P33L (if you are talking about rips, if you collect physical media - that is different story but I do not want to start about CD jitter that is not described in the Red Book, CD rot for old JVC CDs etc.).

exilestones
IornBelly, will you please repost the photos of the collection of your London, POCD
I have only Big Hits from that series. Need to find scans

exilestones
Also, I understand the first two issues of the London CDs are best compared to the later rereleases due to the fade-ins. But there are only a few LONDON CDs with fade-ins, right? Only certain songs, right? Do we have a list of the fade-ins? Maybe some of the third, fourth, etc.. pressings of the London CDs are very good?
I already answer these questions on the other thread.
[iorr.org]
List of the tracks wiht fade ins can be found here
[lukpac.org]

exilestones
Are the P33L series and the P25L series all MFSL mixes?
Yes, modified MFSL mixes but both Big Hits and No.2 which are local Japanese production.

exilestones
When it comes to the MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs) mixes of the Rolling Stones, is there one series that is better than another? Are there individual releases of certain albums (MFSL mix) that are better than the others?
West German CDs. You can choose any edition/re-issue with exception of
The Rolling Stones [820 047-2], this one is mono only, but you should look for pressing from glass master 01 for cold ended Tell Me
Let It Bleed [820 052-2] from glass master 01 or 02. The most common one from glass master 03 is marginally different with silence trimmed in the beginning and at the end of the CD and with very minor volume/EQ adjustments for a couple of tracks.
Hot Rocks 1 [820 141-2] from glass masters 01 or 02. These came w/o fades.

exilestones
If you would confirm if I have this information correct, none of the Japanese MFSL releases have fade-ins?
Japanese releases came w.o fade ins. But December's Children is all mono, while W. German disc contains 2 wide stereo tracks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 21:12 by ironbelly.

Date: September 22, 2021 14:03

Thank you, wise and knowledgeable one! You've taught me much, oh great teacher.

ironbelly
exilestones
I've seen "Needledrop" before and have a great Hot Rocks that says it's 'NeedleDrop." Is Needle Drop a person, label or a term used to describe a quality of a vinyl rip?

Needle Drop = Vinyl Rip. Usually winking smiley

Thanks for solving that mystery. I've found "Needle Drop" to be high quality. I'm not sure if what I collected is all from vinyl.

exilestones

What do you mean by 1st and 2nd release of Steel Wheels? If you are talking CBS (1989) and Virgin (1994) - that is different mastering. And you should compare mastering but not releases. It does not mean that CD made in the 80s sound worth than CD made in the 90. They are of different mastering.

Thanks for your patience. I'll have to check the Steel Wheels CDs I have. I may have compared CBS to Virgin. I'll have to get back to you on that one. There's a huge difference between CBS and Virgin releases. So, remastering means EQing?

I remember the first Steel Wheels with the CD having beautiful etched artwork etched into the CD. The next release didn't have etchings but ink or paint on the cd BUT THE SOUND WAS FAR SUPERIOR. These two releases led me to the presumption that the digital technology had gotten better like I believe it has with some of the latest SHM-CDs or SACDs. Obviously, I'm not well-versed in audio technology.

Also, I know you can tell the different masters/mixes, etc... by running the songs through a program and seeing the results.

I'd love to know each and every variation of each Rolling Stones song and album. Which program do you use? Then do you just look at the visual results and can see that there is a difference in the visual results between the images?

I'd love to know of every mix of every Stones song. There seem to be more and more releases with different masterings (I'm not sure what the definition of "mastering" vs "mix").

Following the CD mixes/masters seemed simple in the beginning with the Abkco owned albums (1960s). We had Abkco 1986 (aka Old Abkco) and the MFSL (1984-1985). If I have this information correct, Abkco releases were all the same 'Old Abkco' until the 2002 Remastered Series came about. The MFSL mixes were basically the same through several series into the 1990s. Then there are a few titles which you refer to as "Japanese production," which are stereo or mostly stereo from the 1990s Japan).

The 2002 Remastered Series (DSD) are the only Abkco mixes/masters up to and including anything release until now with maybe a few exceptions. The 2016 mono mixes were new or most of them were new.

In 2015 Abkco rereleased Satisfaction for its 50th anniversary. Abkco wrote, "Mastered by Carl Rowatti at Trutone Mastering Labs and cut from the original mono master tapes, the 45-rpm 12-inch format makes this a true audiophile pressing, allowing for wider grooves that yield louder levels, broader range, deeper bass, and better high-frequency response."

My question about this 50th Anniversary Satisfaction is it anything different than what we had on CD before. Is the mix on it rare for a CD release? I'm thinking it's probably the same as the 2016 "The Rolling Stones in Mono" releases.

In the last year or so, there is a set of five CD singles released in Japan commemorating 1973 45's released for the Stone's '73 tour of Japan that got canceled. The music on these CDs is not whatever they used on the original singles.

There of the singles use the 2016 mono mixes but the information about the other two state....

..."featuring remastering in 2018/2019 (STEREO)."

What are they telling us in the above statement? It looks like something new here but it doesn't say there's a new mix, just a new remaster. Am I safe to presume that this recent release uses the Abkco 2002 Remastered Series mixes with new mastering? Does new remastering make much of a difference?

Cardboard sleeve reissue from The Rolling Stones. The mini-LP is 7inch size, and faithfully replicates the design of the single LP released in 1973. Use the audio tracks featuring remastering in 2018 (STEREO). Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format. Japanese original release.

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

exilestones
Since I believe 1980s CDs are not as sonically good as CDs from after the 1990s,

Most of the audiophiles from S. Hoffman music forum will disagree with you.

idk, The people over at Steve Hoffman TV know more than I know!

exilestones
I wonder if the best-sounding MFSL CDs are from the POCD series?

No. They are digital clones to previous releases. Take any line of your table
P33L25014=P25L25031=POCD1911
P33L25008=P25L25032=POCD1912
P33L25015=P25L25033=POCD1913
And so on and so forth
Digital clone means that if you will rip the CD using EAC in secure mode you will get the very same 1001001 for P33L25014 and P25L25031 and POCD1911...
It means that the rips of those discs will be digitally indistinguishable.

Thank you for your insight. Then they all have the same sound. The only issues are the CDs with the fade-ins. I guess there's no list of CDs with fade-ins? I did find from the link you sent (Stereo Stones Luke Pac) that mentions fade-ins on Hot Rocks only.

"London CDs with 820 catalog numbers are from Europe/Germany, while London CDs with P33L, P25L, and POCD catalog numbers are from Japan. Also, note that the European/German Hot Rocks 1 CD was remastered a few years after it was released, and that version has added fade-ups and fade-outs on several songs. The Japanese releases of Hot Rocks 1 were based on the original European/German issue, and do not have added fade-ups or fade-outs."

I guess we'll never know why somebody messed up songs by fading them in and out. WTF was that all about?

And there are a few POCDs that are not Old Abkco or MFSL which you said are modified MFSL mixes Do you have any more detail to add the description of "modified MFSL mixes?"

THANKS FOR THE INFO! I just ordered POCD-1919! I may not be able to tell the differences between POCD-1919 and the MFSL releases. Maybe I need to run the tracks through a program to look at them. I'm excited to know what sounds or on POCD-1919. I'll be glad to rip it and share POCD-1919 when it arrives.

"ROLLING STONES Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) (1995 or 1996 Japanese 14-track CD album with 26-page lyric booklet picture sleeve with lyrics in Japanese and English with bonus colour sticker and obi-strip POCD-1919).

Thus, the first part is controversial statement. POCD series digitally are not any different from P25L and P33L (if you are talking about rips, if you collect physical media - that is different story but I do not want to start about CD jitter that is not described in the Red Book, CD rot for old JVC CDs etc.).

exilestones
IornBelly, will you please repost the photos of the collection of your London, POCD

I have only Big Hits from that series. Need to find scans

exilestones

I already answer these questions on the other thread.
[iorr.org]

List of the tracks with fade ins can be found here
[lukpac.org]

exilestones
Are the P33L series and the P25L series all MFSL mixes?

Yes, modified MFSL mixes but both Big Hits and No.2 which are local Japanese production.

exilestones
When it comes to the MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs) mixes of the Rolling Stones, is there one series that is better than another? Are there individual releases of certain albums (MFSL mix) that are better than the others?

West German CDs. You can choose any edition/re-issue with exception of
The Rolling Stones [820 047-2], this one is mono only, but you should look for pressing from glass master 01 for cold ended Tell Me

Let It Bleed [820 052-2] from glass master 01 or 02. The most common one from glass master 03 is marginally different with silence trimmed in the beginning and at the end of the CD and with very minor volume/EQ adjustments for a couple of tracks.

Hot Rocks 1 [820 141-2] from glass masters 01 or 02. These came w/o fades.

exilestones

Japanese releases came w.o fade ins. But December's Children is all mono, while W. German disc contains 2 wide stereo tracks.

Stereo Stones mentions a different mix of "Heart of Stone" on bootlegs. Does anyone know which bootlegs? I guess I'll be downloading every bootleg with "Heart of Stone" on it.

Heart of Stone

stereo on:
Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (Decca LP TXS 101) * later repressings only
Hot Rocks 1 (London CD 820 141-2)
Hot Rocks 1 (London CD P33L-25011 / P25L 25047 / POCD-1927)
Now! (ABKCO CD 74202)
Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (ABKCO CD 80012)
Hot Rocks (ABKCO CD 96672) - (early copies only; see below)
Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (London CD P33L 25016 / P25L 25039 / POCD-1919)
Now! (London CD 820 133-2)
Now! (London CD P25L 25034 / POCD-1914)
Now! (ABKCO SACD 94202)
Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass) (ABKCO SACD 90012)
Hot Rocks (ABKCO SACD 96672)
time: 2:51
recording date/location: 10/27/64 RCA Studios, Hollywood
notes: One of the four early tracks that turned up in stereo on the original ABKCO CDs. Drums and rhythm guitar left, lead vocal center, tambourine, lead guitar, bass, and backing vocals right.

An alternate stereo mix exists on bootleg with reverb on the lead vocal, more extreme stereo separation, and a 7 second longer fade.

Earlier pressings of the ABKCO Hot Rocks CD have Heart of Stone in stereo, as well as the Regent ("organ intro") version of Time Is On My Side. Later pressings have a version of Heart of Stone with the first few notes in stereo (albeit in much lower fidelity) followed by the mono mix, as well as the Chess ("guitar intro") version of Time Is On My Side (in mono). The SACDs have what seems to be a new stereo remix.

What A Shame

stereo on:

The Unstoppable Stones (Decca LP LKM 6004)
Now! (ABKCO CD 74202)
No. 2 (London CD P33L 25015 / P25L 25033 / POCD-1913)
Now! (London CD 820 133-2)
Now! (London CD P25L 25034 / POCD-1914)
Now! (ABKCO SACD 94202)
time: 3:07

recording date/location: 11/8/64 Chess Studios, Chicago
notes: One of the four early tracks that turned up in stereo on the original ABKCO CDs. Lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and piano left, vocal center, drums and bass right. Fades up on the London CD versions."

I need to finish this post later. Gotta Go!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 22, 2021 15:10

exilestones

Stereo Stones mentions a different mix of "Heart of Stone" on bootlegs. Does anyone know which bootlegs? I guess I'll be downloading every bootleg with "Heart of Stone" on it.

I found that version with 2.58 min length on "Definitive BBC Sessions 1963-70"

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: September 23, 2021 20:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 04:32 by NathanLaze.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 00:41

[www.discogs.com]

Is Talk Is Cheap a legit or pirate release? Anyone know?

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 24, 2021 02:17

TravellinMan
[www.discogs.com]

MFSL 24-KARAT GOLD CD MADE IN JAPAN !!!!!!!!!!!, MOBILE FIDELITY SOUND LAB RECORDING, USA !!!!!, ORIGINAL MFSL ULTRADISC - MADE IN JAPAN !!!!!!!!, MASTERED DIRECTLY FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPE !!, LIMITED EDITION !!!!!!!! / LIMITED EDITION !!!!!!!, ANALOG, ANALOG, DIGITAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, IN ORIGINAL MFSL - FACTORY SEALED - QUALITY !!!!!!, MEGA RAR !!!!! / MEGA RAR !!!! / MEGA RAR !!!!!!!!, Remastered, Special Edition, MADE IN JAPAN !! / MADE IN JAPAN !!!!, IN PERFECT " FACTORY SEALED " QUALITY !!!!, PLEASE LOOK THE XXL-PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 24k Gold Disc, MFSL, Sampler

[www.ebay.com]

Date: September 24, 2021 11:18

TravellinMan
[www.discogs.com]

Legit.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 11:25

Thanks Ironbelly

Date: September 30, 2021 12:15

Here's the latest official release of Jumping Jack Flash/Gimme Shelter (studio) remaster, released June 30, 2021.

Jumping Jack Flash 3:44
Gimme Shelter 4:32

This 2021 SHM-CDS is a re-release of Jumping Jack Flash and Gimme Shelter (studio) is housed in a 7-inch mini-LP style cardboard sleeve. The artwork faithfully replicates the design of the single released in 1973. The audio tracks are 2018-2019 stereo remaster, which is not the original sound/mix/mastering of the 1973 45 rpm vinyl release.

-
There were five 45 rpm singles released in Japan to commemorate the Rolling Stones 1973 tour, a tour that did not happen.

The Rolling Stones original intent was to play Australia and New Zealand, which had not seen the Stones since February and March 1966, as well as Japan, which had never seen the Stones at all. However, the Stones' 1972 American Tour had drawn worldwide press for its combustive mixture of group decadence and fan riots set amidst jet set hangers-on.

Visa problems had kept the band away during a previous attempt to play Tokyo in 1973, according to Rolling Stone. They'd planned to mount a series of shows dubbed the Stones Touring Party, then continue into Australia and Hawaii.

On 8 January, 1973, the Japanese Foreign Ministry said Mick Jagger would not be allowed into their country due to his prior drugs convictions.

Since Mick Jagger's application was rejected over a misdemeanor late-'60s pot bust with Marianne Faithfull, the Rolling Stones had to cancel their 1973 tour of Japan. Ironically, all of those years later, it was Jagger who cracked open the door for a long-awaited Japanese appearance by the Stones, when he was granted permission to mount a solo tour in 1988.

Avable at Discs Japan: [discsjapan.com]

Here is a sample of the sound from this releases:

[wetransfer.com]

Date: September 30, 2021 12:32

THX

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 30, 2021 13:00

Thanks exilestones!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home