Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Watts passed away age 80sad smiley
Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:57

[www.ad.nl]

[www.nbcnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 20:59 by ikikmanuel4.

Re: Charlie Watts passed away age 80sad smiley
Posted by: edwinholland ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:02

R.I.P Charlie

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:29

Oh my God!!! Rest in peace Charlie

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:30

R.I.P Charlie

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:07

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:07

I feel stunned, knocked down. R.I.P. Charlie, you will leave a big void!

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:12

I can hardly find the words to express how I feel about the sudden and unexpected death of Charlie Watts that has just been announced. Charlie has the been the heartbeat of so many generations as well as the backbone to the greatest rock’n’roll band in the world. And that is a view I have held since the Stones careered into my musical world in the early 70s providing the soundtrack to so many great times.
From all the times I have seen the Stones live and from all the hours I have spent listening to their music I just kinda thought that the Stones would be around forever, and seeing them again in Manchester in 2018 didn’t change that view. But obviously I was wrong and the Stones can no longer exist as we have loved them over so many decades.
We have lost a true musical legend and one of my greatest ever heroes. But what a legacy Charlie leaves for us all to enjoy as long as we live and for that we must be thankful. Thoughts go out to his family and all those close to him who must be devastated.
Today the world is a poorer place……..RIP Charlie and thanks for all the music and memories.

Posted by: emr9410 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:56

Rest in peace Charlie

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 25, 2021 01:01

rest in peace charlie the world is a darker smaller place without yousad smiley

Posted by: foreverguns ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:16

Rip Dear Charlie, may God take care of your beautiful soul

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:35

Thank you, Charlie, for everything

Posted by: Luisma11011 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:35

R.I.P..

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:37

Sad sad sad, the heartbeat of the greatest rock’n’roll band of the world has stopped. It’s all over now, we’ll never forget good old Charlie, RIP

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:54

From the boys over on E Street:

As much as Mick's voice and Keith's guitar, Charlie Watts' snare sound is the Rolling Stones. He's a great example of the kind of power and character a great drummer can bring to his band, deepening not only the physical force of the music, but also the depth of emotion and heart the songwriter gets out of his characters. When Mick sings "It's only rock 'n' roll but I like it," Charlie's in back showing you why!

Bruce Springsteen, May 1991

-----

Oh no! This is terribly shocking. Not just one of greatest drummers in one of the greatest bands of all time, but a gentleman’s gentleman. He singlehandedly brought the Rock world some real class. Rock and Roll will miss him profoundly. We are significantly less without him.

Stevie Van Zandt 24th August 2021

-----

RIP Charlie my darling.

Garry Tallent 24th August 2021

-----

A monumentally sad day learning my personal hero Charlie Watts has died. I'm devastated and my soul aches for Shirley, Serafina, the extended Watts family, and of course his band mates. I don't know what to say really. Charlie Watts Rest In Peace my friend.

Max Weinberg 24th August 2021

-----

(Re: Charlie Watts passed away age 80sad smiley
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: August 25, 2021 09:04

R.I.P. Charlie sad smiley

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:26

rip

Posted by: stone3009 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 13:53

Yesterday was really a sad day for all stones fans. R.I.P Charlie, the greatest drummer ever and the heart of Stones

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 25, 2021 14:25

Without words. Links to the pictures are taken from ntv.de

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 18:27

ic1960
I can hardly find the words to express how I feel about the sudden and unexpected death of Charlie Watts that has just been announced. Charlie has the been the heartbeat of so many generations as well as the backbone to the greatest rock’n’roll band in the world. And that is a view I have held since the Stones careered into my musical world in the early 70s providing the soundtrack to so many great times.
From all the times I have seen the Stones live and from all the hours I have spent listening to their music I just kinda thought that the Stones would be around forever, and seeing them again in Manchester in 2018 didn’t change that view. But obviously I was wrong and the Stones can no longer exist as we have loved them over so many decades.
We have lost a true musical legend and one of my greatest ever heroes. But what a legacy Charlie leaves for us all to enjoy as long as we live and for that we must be thankful. Thoughts go out to his family and all those close to him who must be devastated.
Today the world is a poorer place……..RIP Charlie and thanks for all the music and memories.

Stones forever was in some way on all our minds. We were all proven wrong. At least we are united in this.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 25, 2021 21:16

R.I.P Charlie

Sadness and pain chest here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home