Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
On Tour '64
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 19, 2021 14:27

Vinyl LP released now on [rhythmandbluesrecords.co.uk]

Full details here [onlyrockandroll.london]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-19 14:30 by johnnythunders.

Re: On Tour '64
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 19, 2021 14:50

Recording Details

Side One

Tracks 1 – 6 recorded live on the 29th October at Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and broadcast on the Teen Awards Music International (TAMI) TV show

7 & 8 recorded live for the Mike Douglas Show, Cleveland on June 18th and broadcast on KYW-TV3 on June 25th

Track 9 recorded live at the New Theatre Ballroom, St. Peter Port, Channel Islands on August 18th and broadcast on August 24th by ITV Channel Television

Side Two

Tracks 1 & 2 recorded live on the Ed Sullivan TV show 25th October

Tracks 3 & 4 recorded live for the Joe Loss Pop Show, BBC Light Radio on July 17th

Tracks 5-7 recorded live for the Joe Loss Pop Show, BBC Light Radio on April 10th

Tracks 8-10 recorded live at The Kurhaus, The Hague, Netherlands on August 8th 1964 and broadcast by REM TV/ Radio Veronica

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 19, 2021 14:55

Available also here: [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

LP:

CD:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 01:00 by Irix.

Date: July 19, 2021 15:07

Irix
Available also here: [www.jpc.de] , [www.jpc.de] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.fr] .

Thanks for your post Irix - please note you are talking about the CD version, whereas my original post was about the vinyl LP

Date: July 19, 2021 15:15

johnnythunders

please note you are talking about the CD version, whereas my original post was about the vinyl LP

The given links contain both: Vinyl & CD.

Date: July 19, 2021 17:10

Irix
johnnythunders

please note you are talking about the CD version, whereas my original post was about the vinyl LP

The given links contain both: Vinyl & CD.

Irix - The illustration that came up was the CD cover and I just wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted the vinyl version got the vinyl version, and the same with the CD. Thank you for your interest!

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: July 19, 2021 19:34

Is track 9 side one from Channel Islands show a new find?

Not aware of this I'm Moving On before.

Can anyone confirm the recording location is correct please.

If new, this would indeed be a find !!

Posted by: ToddS ()
Date: July 19, 2021 20:24

I'd like to know the answer too that Kingbeebuzz Questioned . Oris it the same version thats on the U.S. Decembers Children LP ?

Date: July 20, 2021 00:11

Don’t think it’s the same as Decembers Children which is listed as March 1965 recording made in England and issued on EP Got Live If You Want It.

I think it’s a new find OR more likely an existing known recording being passed off as a Channel Island recording to sell the record.

Anyone in IORR-land know ?

Date: July 20, 2021 00:30

Kingbeebuzz

Is track 9 side one from Channel Islands show a new find? Not aware of this I'm Moving On before. Can anyone confirm the recording location is correct please.

From [NZentgraf.de] :

640818A 18th August: UK TV (ITV Channel Television), incl. footage of the arrival of the Stones at Guernsey airport

640824A 24th August: UK TV (TWW) ‘Here Today’. Incl. arrival of the Stones on the airport (Jersey 21.08.) - I'm Moving On (Hank Snow) Jersey 21.08. - interview with MJ (probably Jersey 22.08.)

Date: July 20, 2021 00:35

Kingbeebuzz

I think it’s a new find OR more likely an existing known recording being passed off as a Channel Island recording to sell the record.

Looks like someone dived into the archives of the UK-TV and got the footage/tapes.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 20, 2021 02:05

These records are always intriguing to me. The quasi-legit UK style covers, rarely seen (by me, anyway) photos, and the general layout make me really want them. But when I see the contents I always hesitate because I generally have it already but what I have is often in pretty inferior sound. So I always wonder if these records are in upgrade in sound or simply a pretty looking package that you don't really want to know whats inside.

I know this particular record is preorder and not due until end of year, but can anyone give some generalized opinions of the sound quality of these releases, I believe there are a bunch on what seem to be the same label.

Was just looking at one that claimed the liner notes were written by Edith Grove. That kinda shite is what makes me want them all the more.

jb

Date: July 20, 2021 12:27

Irix ......... my question is whether this REALLY is the 21st August 1964 Jersey performance from the UK-TV footage.........if it really is then I think this track of I'm Moving On is a totally new find.

What it says on the can may not really be what's inside the can !

We'll have to wait until its released to find out because it will be easy to compare with the few existing known releases.

Date: July 20, 2021 14:29

I am "Edith Grove" - it is getting harder and harder to think up more ridiculous nom de plumes for the sleeve notes ( I am proud of 'Arfur Math'). We always try to find the best possible sources and then remaster carefully to optimise for (usually) vinyl. We are fans first and foremost and try and put out what we would like to buy, which is why we have sleeves with fold over flaps, cool pictures (which we pay to licence) etc. We do research origin of material carefully, using the books we have acquired over the years and online resources. So far as I am aware we have misattributed the origin of one Stones track, and given the wrong line up for two non-Stones tracks. But we are only human and this all happened a long time ago - I was 7 in 1964! Hope this helps

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 20, 2021 15:23

New "I'm Moving On"? ...or...

1965-02-26 Ready Steady Go
1965-03 Got LIVE If You Want It!
1965-04-10 Joe Loss Show
1965-09-13 Hamburg
1965-09-15 W Berlin
1966-03-29 Paris

They use other tracks from Joe Loss so it may be from there.

Date: July 20, 2021 18:08

This version of I'm Moving On includes an interview with Jagger where he is specifically asked about the reaction the band has received in the Channel isles...

Date: July 20, 2021 18:10

Kingbeebuzz

And I can only say what [NZentgraf.de] & [Aeppli.ch] say .... winking smiley

Date: July 21, 2021 00:30

Cool, johnny thunders, thanks for the info And that is a bitchin' name for the liner notes, I thought it very clever.

Is there one place (probably discogs?) where the entire rolling stones catalogue from this outfit is available or at least listed? And one particular place where most of the catalogue is in stock? I know thats asking a lot but if it were I might be very tempted to make a bulk order.

jb

Date: July 21, 2021 00:55

jbwelda

Is there one place (probably discogs?) where the entire rolling stones catalogue from this outfit is available or at least listed?

1960s Records - [www.Discogs.com] , Rhythm & Blues Records - [www.Discogs.com] , [RhythmAndBluesRecords.co.uk] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-21 01:10 by Irix.

Date: July 21, 2021 06:22

thanks!

jb

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 21, 2021 08:59

Date: July 21, 2021 09:17

Irix
Kingbeebuzz

And I can only say what [NZentgraf.de] & [Aeppli.ch] say .... winking smiley

The full sleeve notes for each release with recording details etc are on my blog here

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 21, 2021 22:43

johnnythunders
I am "Edith Grove"

You write you are Edith Grove.
Years ago I used to trade a EdithGrove living in the westcoast of Amerika.
Think you must not be this EditGrove, or am I mistaken ???

Date: July 22, 2021 11:10

Not me - I live in London. I was only Edith Grove for one LP - I make up a different name for each set of sleevenotes

Date: July 22, 2021 13:11

johnnythunders

I make up a different name for each set of sleevenotes

Lady Jane, Amanda Jones, Linda Lu, Susie Q .... winking smiley

Date: July 22, 2021 17:36

Oh yes, we have used those! On Tour '64 has Ruby Tuesday for the vinyl sleeve notes and Ruby Twosday for the (expanded) CD notes

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: April 7, 2022 19:37

Anyone find or construct track listing with sources for the cd version?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 8, 2022 14:07

johnnythunders
I am "Edith Grove" - it is getting harder and harder to think up more ridiculous nom de plumes for the sleeve notes ( I am proud of 'Arfur Math'). We always try to find the best possible sources and then remaster carefully to optimise for (usually) vinyl. We are fans first and foremost and try and put out what we would like to buy, which is why we have sleeves with fold over flaps, cool pictures (which we pay to licence) etc. We do research origin of material carefully, using the books we have acquired over the years and online resources. So far as I am aware we have misattributed the origin of one Stones track, and given the wrong line up for two non-Stones tracks. But we are only human and this all happened a long time ago - I was 7 in 1964! Hope this helps

Quite a few errors and missing credits for this: [onlyrockandroll.london]

But, as you say, only human etc and also, it doesn't matter really. thumbs up

Date: April 8, 2022 22:59

Hello HisMajesty

Always happy to correct mistakes - perhaps you could email me at simon@onlyrockandroll.London and I can at least amend the online version. if we repress we may be able to amend the actual release.

Thank you

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 9, 2022 11:47

I posted a link to my CD rip awhile back here folks...a few of our knowledgeable types pointed out a few of the tracks were lossy based along with other pertinent info...

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-09 11:56 by rovalle.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home