Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Am I on thin ice with this question?
Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 13:37

Is it possible to build in an option for: "No download without a thank you". It's annoying to see that a post is downloaded more than 100 times and only 17 times a thank you is given. I'm not really a frequent uploader but the times I do and get confronted with this the fun quickly wears off.
Or am I now on thin ice with this question?

Re: Am I on thin ice with this question?
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 10, 2021 14:29

You're not on thin ice. It seems to be normal, to receive 3 questions and 2 thank you's for 130 downloads. Therefore you'll find your work soon on other collections. I'm sure, a lot more uploads would be here, if there wouldn't be so much people that grab everything, without even a word. It's useless to do an upload without the thought of "giving is more blessed than receiving". So I'll take this as another chance to thank all the uploaders, who are glad to do us a favour.

Let's drink to the hard working people... smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-10 17:41 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 10, 2021 15:47

What would be the sense of 100 thank yous in a thread?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 10, 2021 16:35

ikikmanuel4

It's annoying to see that a post is downloaded more than 100 times and only 17 times a thank you is given.

Isn't it the same in real life .... everything for free & hardly any thanks? winking smiley

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: July 10, 2021 17:27

You are correct and I am sometimes guilty. I will from now on always give thanks for any material downloaded.

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: July 10, 2021 20:56

wiredallnight
What would be the sense of 100 thank yous in a thread?

A little appreciation for the work you put into it. Maybe you are one of those people who takes everything for granted, I grew up with norms and values. NO MORE post's from me on this site.

Posted by: ToddS ()
Date: July 10, 2021 22:02

I agree , I wish most people would thank me when i post my isolated vocal tracks and isolated backing tracks . I know they are not perfect but most of them are very listenable . I always thank members here at least 90% of the time .

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 12, 2021 16:31

At this time are here
online Users: 22
Guests: 536
Can Guest write thanks?
A BIG THANK from me to all Uploaders and good writers
smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 12, 2021 23:49

The thing I hate most is ......
Somebody requests something, and after filling that request this person does not say thanks.

I need no 100 times Thanks in one thread.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 13, 2021 01:35

I love to see the thank yous. I'm glad the person's work and generosity is appreciated!

Todd, your isolated tracks are amazing. Thanks again!

I always post a thank you.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 13, 2021 20:05

Not thin ice at all.
I try to say "many thanks!!" when I d/l something.
I try to help out with re-ups as I don't buy silvers.
If someone asks for a re-up and I have it? I'll re-post.

What I think some people don't understand is the time and effort involved.
No, you're not digging ditches, but one takes the time to rip the cd's to flac, put them into winzip and uploads to WT or similar. If you're not getting paid for your efforts? Recognition with a simple thank you is not an unreasonable request.

My biggest pet peeve is before they even say THANK YOU, they're asking for artwork. I just put the files on my computer or phone and listen to the music.

If no artwork is provided? Do a little Google work and download it if it exists. If it doesn't exist? Do SOMETHING for the forum and CREATE some.

Rant over...

Date: July 14, 2021 16:59

You're not on thin ice, but I want to remind everyone-- you do not need to be logged in to see a download link, unlike other forums. So while your upload may have 130 downloads, let's say 30 of them were from people passing through, just browsing the internet with no intention of making an IORR account.

Not saying it's right, just saying some people literally can't (or can't be bothered) to say thanks, as they may not have an account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-14 16:59 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1589
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home