Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: June 13, 2021 01:22

Here is the cd 4 + extra 2

[we.tl]

rsKinno

Re: Post: Box 19 - Bridges To Babylon Sessions CD 4
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 13, 2021 03:00

Thank you

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 13, 2021 03:13

Thanks!

Posted by: Heartbreaker 69 ()
Date: June 13, 2021 06:50

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: June 13, 2021 08:49

Thank you

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 13, 2021 09:38

Unfortunately rskinno didn't give up and presents us another Bridges To Babylon-collection with official tracks (which is against BV's forum policies) and his self-edited long mixes (which is against all rules of serious Stones-collecting), such as a longer Gunface-edit, which he called Babyface Mix (as if an R&B producer like Babyface would remix a hard rockin' song like this...).

I can't understand all these non-critical "thank you"'s here. rskinno is either just repackaging (more than Abkco ever did). Or he is doing the collectors community such a disservice with flooding this board with his self-edited fakes of alleged mixes and remixes (or outfakes as he did before).

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-13 13:10 by NeddieFlanders.

Posted by: finn ()
Date: June 13, 2021 10:11

Thank You so much

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: June 13, 2021 10:41

Thanks again.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: June 13, 2021 11:26

NeddieFlanders
Unfortunately rskinno didn't give up and presents us another Bridges To Babylon-collection with official tracks (which is against BV's forum policies) and his self-edited long mixes (which is against all rules of serious Stones-collecting), such as a longer Gunface-edit, which he called Babyface Mix (as if an R&B producer like Babyface would remix a hard rockin' song like this...).

I can't understand all these non-critical thanks you's here. rskinno is either just repackaging (more than Abkco ever did). Or he is doing the collectors community such a disservice with flooding this board with his self-edited fakes of alleged mixes and remixes (or outfakes as he did before).

N

I just love his mystery tracks. It's like opening a box of cracker jacks.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 13, 2021 11:55

NeddieFlanders

I can't understand all these non-critical thanks you's here. rskinno is either just repackaging (more than Abkco ever did). Or he is doing the collectors community such a disservice with flooding this board with his self-edited fakes of alleged mixes and remixes (or outfakes as he did before).

N

thumbs up Totally agree with you!

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: June 13, 2021 14:28

Thanks manthumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2021 13:12

NeddieFlanders

I can't understand all these non-critical "thank you"'s here. rskinno is either just repackaging (more than Abkco ever did). Or he is doing the collectors community such a disservice with flooding this board with his self-edited fakes of alleged mixes and remixes (or outfakes as he did before).

N

I wholeheartedly agree, this poster is doing a huge disservice to the community.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: June 14, 2021 15:22

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 14, 2021 16:29

gotdablouse

NeddieFlanders

N

I wholeheartedly agree, this poster is doing a huge disservice to the community.

Hi Neddie,

I thank everyone who puts forth efforts and works hard to share their work and passion.

I've found much great Stones material, et al, in RSKinno's offerings that I did not know existed. I look forward to every download.

I'm not aware of "self-edited long mixes such as a longer Gunface-edit, which he called Babyface Mix."

This editing and false credits are news to me. I haven't had a chance to go through everything I've downloaded. I probably wouldn't know the difference. Not knowing if something is mis-credited or edited without a disclaimer would be a huge issue and wrong. Are you sure that is what happened? idk. I'm just asking.

Did you write to RSKinno and ask about you're allegations? I'm not inferring that I don't believe you but I'd investigate before making a public declaration, no matter how sure you are. "Hi RSKinno, Can you give me background information on the Gunface Babyface edit? I never heard of it before. Is this a legitimate Babyface edit?"

Perhaps I seem 'uninformed' which is only because I am. If what you are saying is true, I really appreciate knowing what is fake. I'd love a whole list of what is confirmed and another list of unconfirmed fakes. I'd include those notes in every download.

As far as editing goes, I love editing. 'Less is More' if it is better edited, imho. I edited "Under the Radar" and I like it much better. The EXS (Exile Stones) edit keeps all the best of Under the Radar and cuts out unnecessary repeat parts. It's too long in it's official release. I think it is better shorter. I never made this edit available to anyone but if I did it would clearly say that I edited it and tag the file name.

As far as official tracks go, I don't have a problem with it. I don't think it's necessary to rerelease them on a homemade collection but maybe the author finds that it fits the listening experience?

Personally, I HATE when I download something and it's missing tracks because those track(s) were officially released. I bought every release the Stones ever put out in various incarnations. I have countless CDs of Sticky Fingers not to mention the LPs, singles and EPs. Babylon, I've bought several times with the slipcase cover and a couple of times from Japan with bonus track and the various singles.

As you know, with Stones releases, we have to buy several to get everything as we recently saw with GHS Deluxe and Atlantic City '89.

I don't think the real issue is that someone quietly slid in some official tracks. The issue is that you feel that we've all been duped. That is really wrong if Babyface didn't create something and it is a fake. That's like a fake bottle of fine wine or priceless artwork.

I'm not upset if there are fakes included but as long as it is credited so. I definitely appreciate knowing what is fake. I would think the editor would want to be credited? Is the Gunface thing any good?

I usually stay out of controversies online. This time the issue is important.

I sometimes want to rave about some of the releases or say something negative but I don't want to offended anyone who was generous and shared their hard work or praise one person's work over another. I just write, "Thank you." Some people download and don't say thank you.

So, now you know why I write, "Thank you."

++++++++

"Danny Saber and Babyface were also brought in by Jagger, though the latter's contributions to the track "Already Over Me" were eventually discarded. Richards was not keen on the idea of working with 'loop gurus', going as far as expelling Saber from the studio once he found him overdubbing guitars." - wiki

I searched the Internet and could only find that Babyface worked on "Already over Me."

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 14, 2021 23:17

Thanks!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 15, 2021 11:06

exilestones
gotdablouse

NeddieFlanders

N

Hi Neddie,

I thank everyone who puts forth efforts and works hard to share their work and passion.

I've found much great Stones material, et al, in RSKinno's offerings that I did not know existed. I look forward to every download.

I'm not aware of "self-edited long mixes such as a longer Gunface-edit, which he called Babyface Mix."

This editing and false credits are news to me. I haven't had a chance to go through everything I've downloaded. I probably wouldn't know the difference. Not knowing if something is mis-credited or edited without a disclaimer would be a huge issue and wrong. Are you sure that is what happened? idk. I'm just asking.

Did you write to RSKinno and ask about you're allegations? I'm not inferring that I don't believe you but I'd investigate before making a public declaration, no matter how sure you are. "Hi RSKinno, Can you give me background information on the Gunface Babyface edit? I never heard of it before. Is this a legitimate Babyface edit?"

Perhaps I seem 'uninformed' which is only because I am. If what you are saying is true, I really appreciate knowing what is fake. I'd love a whole list of what is confirmed and another list of unconfirmed fakes. I'd include those notes in every download.

As far as editing goes, I love editing. 'Less is More' if it is better edited, imho. I edited "Under the Radar" and I like it much better. The EXS (Exile Stones) edit keeps all the best of Under the Radar and cuts out unnecessary repeat parts. It's too long in it's official release. I think it is better shorter. I never made this edit available to anyone but if I did it would clearly say that I edited it and tag the file name.

As far as official tracks go, I don't have a problem with it. I don't think it's necessary to rerelease them on a homemade collection but maybe the author finds that it fits the listening experience?

Personally, I HATE when I download something and it's missing tracks because those track(s) were officially released. I bought every release the Stones ever put out in various incarnations. I have countless CDs of Sticky Fingers not to mention the LPs, singles and EPs. Babylon, I've bought several times with the slipcase cover and a couple of times from Japan with bonus track and the various singles.

As you know, with Stones releases, we have to buy several to get everything as we recently saw with GHS Deluxe and Atlantic City '89.

I don't think the real issue is that someone quietly slid in some official tracks. The issue is that you feel that we've all been duped. That is really wrong if Babyface didn't create something and it is a fake. That's like a fake bottle of fine wine or priceless artwork.

I'm not upset if there are fakes included but as long as it is credited so. I definitely appreciate knowing what is fake. I would think the editor would want to be credited? Is the Gunface thing any good?

I usually stay out of controversies online. This time the issue is important.

I sometimes want to rave about some of the releases or say something negative but I don't want to offended anyone who was generous and shared their hard work or praise one person's work over another. I just write, "Thank you." Some people download and don't say thank you.

So, now you know why I write, "Thank you."

++++++++

"Danny Saber and Babyface were also brought in by Jagger, though the latter's contributions to the track "Already Over Me" were eventually discarded. Richards was not keen on the idea of working with 'loop gurus', going as far as expelling Saber from the studio once he found him overdubbing guitars." - wiki

I searched the Internet and could only find that Babyface worked on "Already over Me."

rskinno has quite a track record on ignorance or on doing disservice to the collectors community: inventing songtitles, nicking info without giving credit (his booklets are basically cut-and-pastes form the Rolling Stones Complete Works Database) or ignoring other tapers requests (check elsewhere on this board for the Daspyknows-controversy). But worst of all he re-edited and circulated outtakes in the recent past and now he did the same with official tracks. This should be (even if you mark these tracks as fake - which of course he didn't) a TOTAL NO GO for various reasons. Re-editing Gunface is not like painting the Mona Lisa a moustache, but it's like thickening her eyebrows with a few new brushes. You don't do this to art. And also in a few years time these fakes will slowly creep into the back catalogue of the Stones, as no one will be able anymore to overlook what's legit mixes and what's not.

N

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: June 17, 2021 22:39

danke smiling smiley merci smiling smiley thx smiling smiley gracias

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home