Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 5, 2021 23:42

[wetransfer.com]

I hope it works - my first upload...

I took an old bootleg-version and fixed the messed up intro with AUDACITY.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-06 12:45 by deardoctor.

Re: Post: Stricktly Memphis fixed intro
Date: April 6, 2021 19:06

No one´s interested in STRICTLY MEMPHIS with completed intro? Really?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 6, 2021 19:13

Thank you for your time and effort! Haven't got around for listening yet. Will try to do this later today.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: April 6, 2021 20:27

Very good! Thank you for fixing that!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 6, 2021 20:48

smileys with beer

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 6, 2021 21:18

deardoctor

We have a song with incomplete/truncated intro. But it is genuine.

What you do is re-writing studio recordings history.

Why do you do that ? You know that sooner or later some people will consider your fake as a genuine recording.

P.S. I have nothing against you. But collecting studio recording is a complicated task, and more complicated if there are Frankenstein songs circulating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-06 21:20 by LiveAtHidepark.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: April 6, 2021 21:43

Thank you Deardoctor thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 6, 2021 22:03

THX

Posted by: ssane ()
Date: April 6, 2021 23:30

Thank you, nice job.

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: April 7, 2021 08:13

You fixed a glitch. You did a good job.

(You did not rewrite "studio recording history")

Thanks.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: April 7, 2021 09:27

Instead of using a piece of another version (that does not belong here?) it would be more useful to just remove the gap in this version and otherwise leave it as it is: [we.tl]

Date: April 7, 2021 11:11

LiveAtHidepark
deardoctor

Why do you do that ? You know that sooner or later some people will consider your fake as a genuine recording.

P.S. I have nothing against you. But collecting studio recording is a complicated task, and more complicated if there are Frankenstein songs circulating.

I know what you mean. But in this case you´re wrong:
It´s more like fixing an incomplete soundboard recording with an audience source from the same song same date.
I took the same basic track of Strictly Memphis we got for years (without the horn overdub).
It´s still their genuine recording but without the technical mistake that was done while transferring the tape or whatever.

Anyway, of course it´s ok, to decide not to take it. In my case I love this track so much that I like to hear it as it was recorded.
Of course I would accept an messed up intro by keith. But this technical gap ist not in responisbility by the Stones, so why not to fix it if it´s possible?

By the way: nice example for a real "Frankenstein song": "Start me up" from "Sweet summer sun". The Stones fixed the messed up intro by redoing later in the studio. I would not do such thing.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2021 11:27

Yeah I'd gone back to the known outtakes and the backing track seems similar to the FFSO one. However the beat is off in both of these "fixed"versions, unlike the one here [iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: April 7, 2021 12:17

gotdablouse
Yeah I'd gone back to the known outtakes and the backing track seems similar to the FFSO one. However the beat is off in both of these "fixed"versions, unlike the one here [iorr.org]

I gotta admit you are quite right. smoking smiley

Date: April 7, 2021 12:26

LiveAtHidepark
deardoctor

This would be like, you get sick and go to the doctor, who cure your sickness, but someone claims you are not "genuine" any more. There is nothing genuine about technical fault, or "drop out" in this case.

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: April 7, 2021 14:35

It's great one!
But, I think it's much better to fix the intro with left-right channels reversed, as past bootlegs channels of this song are reversed against FFSO version.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 7, 2021 14:36

Already bootlegged! >grinning smiley<
[www.boardwalk2018.jp]

Are they that hungry in Shinjuku?

Date: April 7, 2021 14:50

dcba
[www.boardwalk2018.jp]

This one is the earliest release with fixed intro.
[www.giginjapan.com]

Date: April 7, 2021 14:52

CaptainAcid
gotdablouse

I gotta admit you are quite right. smoking smiley

Everybody may compare. "My" version starts with ONE and has this extra second with cymbal in the beginning. That´s not an offbeat.

Anyway it´s a great remastering job as always CaptainAcid. Did you ever do an remastering of the "old known" LIVING IN A HEART OF LOVE which for me is miles better than the now surfaced version?

Date: April 7, 2021 15:04

@deardoctor

sorry, i did not mean to offend anybody, i just meant that fix i did is quite perfect. I did not have the need to check any other version, of the fixed version.

As for "old known" LIVING IN A HEART OF LOVE, i don`t know, can`t remember if i did. grinning smiley

Date: April 7, 2021 15:11

atsu69
dcba
[www.boardwalk2018.jp]

[www.giginjapan.com]

Well, no, i have fixed mine before that one.....do you have that version? I suspect it might be another one of my remasters, sold by greedy bootleggers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 15:12 by CaptainAcid.

Date: April 7, 2021 15:21

CaptainAcid
@deardoctor

sorry, i did not mean to offend anybody, i just meant that fix i did is quite perfect. I did not have the need to check any other version, of the fixed version.

As for "old known" LIVING IN A HEART OF LOVE, i don`t know, can`t remember if i did. grinning smiley

Dear CaptainAcid,
I did not feel offended by you, but thanks for your reply. You´re a nice guy, that shared lot´s of great work for which I´m very thankful.
In this case my fixing is an upgrade to your editing. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 15:57 by deardoctor.

Date: April 7, 2021 15:48

CaptainAcid
atsu69
dcba
[www.boardwalk2018.jp]

[www.giginjapan.com]

Well, no, i have fixed mine before that one.....do you have that version? I suspect it might be another one of my remasters, sold by greedy bootleggers.

Oh, your post was earlier than the bootleg, I have.
But that bootleg was released on April 1st as pressed 3CD.
So, it's not from your remaster, and chronological order is different from yours.

P.S.
The bootleg's fixed intro was also different from your remaster.
[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 16:19 by atsu69.

Date: April 7, 2021 16:30

Yes that one sounds more natural with the stereo reversed as you'd suggested above. When comparing with the old known booted versions I remember noticing that many of the tracks on FFSO had their channels reversed. Did they mess things up by accident or was it done on purpose to help cover their source ? Strange, like the generally ridiculous recording dates they showed that could have been easily improved by looking at reference sites.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 7, 2021 16:44

atsu69
CaptainAcid
atsu69
dcba
[www.boardwalk2018.jp]

[www.giginjapan.com]

Oh, your post was earlier than the bootleg, I have.
But that bootleg was released on April 1st as pressed 3CD.
So, it's not from your remaster, and chronological order is different from yours.

P.S.
The bootleg's fixed intro was also different from your remaster.
[we.tl]

Source is "mine" indeed (I edited the silence after the first guitar-tone, so I´m sure about that.) Reversing the channels was a good idea. Cannot be from 1. April. I guess it´s from the boot that contains the seven BTB-tracks that was mentioned above. The bootleggers are quick as hell...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 16:47 by deardoctor.

Date: April 7, 2021 17:00

deardoctor

Source is "mine" indeed (I edited the silence after the first guitar-tone, so I´m sure about that.) Reversing the channels was a good idea. Cannot be from 1. April. I guess it´s from the boot that contains the seven BTB-tracks that was mentioned above. The bootleggers are quick as hell...

Believe or not, the bootleg was released on April 1st.
Can you hear the count, one two three on the bootleg version?
It's not on yours.

Date: April 7, 2021 17:04

deardoctor
CaptainAcid
@deardoctor

Dear CaptainAcid,
I did not feel offended by you, but thanks for your reply. You´re a nice guy, that shared lot´s of great work for which I´m very thankful.
In this case my fixing is an upgrade to your editing. winking smiley

o.k. now i had to check your edit smiling smiley ....i see, you have an intro and a cymbal before, good job. I have fixed only what was a drop out on the version that was on FFSO original disc

Date: April 7, 2021 17:14

atsu69
deardoctor

It's not on yours.

Right and thanks to reversing the channels of the old booted backing track it flows naturally into the FFSO version. That was the way to go.

BTW, are there any other "improvements" you can hear on that boot over FFSO ?

--------------

Date: April 7, 2021 18:15

atsu69
deardoctor

It's not on yours.

I checked with earphones. I only can hear "one" on both versions. But yes, the silence in the beginning is a bit longer so you´re right, it seems to be another version doing exactly what I did (+ reversing the channels)

Date: April 7, 2021 19:35

Since there still seems to be some confusion they only reversed the channels on the old booted track of course so as to match the version on FFSO and make them flow naturally, unlike yours which has that oddness (180 panning) where they merge.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-07 19:37 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home