Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: March 13, 2021 20:42

Here is the Buffalo '81 show from Dime.
Thanks to the taper and uploader!
[wetransfer.com]

Re: POST: Buffalo '81 from Dime
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 13, 2021 21:37

Big thanks to the taper who shared his recording on Dime and thank you britstones for bringing it here,

much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-13 21:49 by barbabang.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 13, 2021 21:55

it's the known AUD but much better sound, because copy from master.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2021 21:56

Thank you for putting it here! thumbs up

After the wave of lossy dirge that flooded the community recently it's good to listen to lossless music at last...
(just kidding!) grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-13 21:57 by dcba.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 13, 2021 22:04

The fairly rarely Street Fighting Man....

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: March 13, 2021 22:24

I was there! The wind on the stage was sharp, and Jagger had to sing into it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2021 23:15

Munichhilton
The fairly rarely Street Fighting Man....

I'd root for DTRApiece more...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 13, 2021 23:16

Tops

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 13, 2021 23:45

thank you

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: March 14, 2021 00:07

thumbs up

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: March 14, 2021 13:27

Thank you for the wonderful.

Posted by: 20YearsAgo ()
Date: March 16, 2021 22:34

Thank you! Man, I got into the biggest fight with my father over that show. Back then, I was a junior in high school and lived the next town or two over from Rich Stadium. A friend had a ticket (and a ride) to the show that he was willing to sell me for $10... except I didn't have the money. I asked my Dad. And he blew his top over the fact that I couldn't muster even ten dollars. Man. It was ug-ly. Brutal. Needless to say, I never saw that show.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 16, 2021 22:53

I was there! Weather was bad when George Thorogood started - driving rain and very windy. Stagehands had to cut away the speaker coverings/scrim fabric for fear of the wind blowing the towers over. Thorogood pointed his guitar at the sky while banging away and suddenly the rain stopped and the skies turned blue (storms move in off Lake Erie very quickly and while the crowd was facing east and away from the lake, George could see the blue sky moving in and times his attempt to end the rain perfectly!). For the 2nd time in 3 years we had to sit thru Journey (yawn) and finally got to the Stones. Such a contrast to 1978 when they sported a more 'punk' attitude - 1981 was bright colors, lots of hits warm vibes. The crowd loved it...even with some iffy sound due to the wind at times. Great show. Got to hear Tops and they played a much longer set than in 1978. Just a great day. [www.youtube.com]

Thanks for generously sharing the recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-16 23:47 by buffalo7478.

Posted by: 20YearsAgo ()
Date: March 17, 2021 02:32

buffalo7478
I was there! Weather was bad when George Thorogood started - driving rain and very windy. Stagehands had to cut away the speaker coverings/scrim fabric for fear of the wind blowing the towers over. Thorogood pointed his guitar at the sky while banging away and suddenly the rain stopped and the skies turned blue (storms move in off Lake Erie very quickly and while the crowd was facing east and away from the lake, George could see the blue sky moving in and times his attempt to end the rain perfectly!). For the 2nd time in 3 years we had to sit thru Journey (yawn) and finally got to the Stones. Such a contrast to 1978 when they sported a more 'punk' attitude - 1981 was bright colors, lots of hits warm vibes. The crowd loved it...even with some iffy sound due to the wind at times. Great show. Got to hear Tops and they played a much longer set than in 1978. Just a great day. [www.youtube.com]

Thanks for generously sharing the recording.

Sounds like, even with the rain, you had a way better time that day than me!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 17, 2021 21:27

Thank Brit!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home