Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CD boxes storage...
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 12, 2021 15:07

Hi everyone. I need you advice
With all these great compilations that we see here, with 6,7, 8 and even more CDs, where do you get your CDs boxes to storage these compilations?
Thanks in advance.

Re: CD boxes storage...
Posted by: Asgard60 ()
Date: March 12, 2021 19:43

Hi Riffbuk,

Don't know where you are based, but in the UK Covers33 from Halifax do some good storage ideas for Cd's

[www.covers33.co.uk]

I have used them many times for CD boxes, plastic sleeves etc; and they are pretty good!

Date: March 12, 2021 19:56

Asgard60
Hi Riffbuk,

Don't know where you are based, but in the UK Covers33 from Halifax do some good storage ideas for Cd's

[www.covers33.co.uk]

I have used them many times for CD boxes, plastic sleeves etc; and they are pretty good!

Thank you so much for your help! Exactly what I need!

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 12, 2021 20:04

I can recommend IKEA.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: March 13, 2021 01:36

Just one of many;

[www.discmakers.com]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 13, 2021 02:04

Riffbuk
Hi everyone. I need you advice
With all these great compilations that we see here, with 6,7, 8 and even more CDs, where do you get your CDs boxes to storage these compilations?
Thanks in advance.
If you are in Portugal you have multiple local choices.
1. From Staples. Plastic boxes from Really Useful Box company. You need one for 3 liters.
[www.staples.pt]
This one allows you to store up to 22 CDs in jewel cases. Really good one but a bit pricey (and a bit heavy).
2. From Caixas Baratas
[www.caixasbaratas.pt]
or
[www.caixasbaratas.pt]
They also have larger boxes for CDs but I would not recommend those. Mind, 10 CDs in regular jewel cases will weight ~ 1.5 kg, thus, larger boxes packed with CDs could be kind of heavy. The carton, on the other hand, is not that strong.

They also have big mailers for LPs
[www.caixasbaratas.pt]
And 7"
[www.caixasbaratas.pt]
3. From amazon (or local retailer) travel case like this one
[www.castroelectronica.pt]
It allows to store safely up to 46 CDs in regular jewel cases.
Perel has various options like 60CDs or 80CDs travel cases. But those are extremely heavy when loaded (more than 10 kg). The 40CDs one weight ~ 7.5kg if loaded like this

Ikea used to carry really nice paper boxes and also stands for CDs. But I was not able to find those on their site. Maybe they were discontinued.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-13 16:52 by ironbelly.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 13, 2021 15:20

When they start accumulating (and they will!), You may want to think about binders for CD-Rs that you make from downloads. Download CD-Rs in jewel cases take up too much space.

Shelf space is finite. But the chase for new acquisitions is infinite. Reconciling this dilemna is a constant battle.

Date: March 13, 2021 15:43

ab
When they start accumulating (and they will!), You may want to think about binders for CD-Rs that you make from downloads. Download CD-Rs in jewel cases take up too much space.

Shelf space is finite. But the chase for new acquisitions is infinite. Reconciling this dilemna is a constant battle.

It is true!
I stopped making CDs a long time ago. Where I can't save physical space is for the real originals.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 13, 2021 15:55

OK, I found one from IKEA. It is specifically designed for CD storage. And I believe it is a part of modular construction
[www.ikea.com]

Date: March 13, 2021 16:04

ironbelly
OK, I found one from IKEA. It is specifically designed for CD storage. And I believe it is a part of modular construction
[www.ikea.com]

Demasiado pequena smiling smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 13, 2021 17:09

Gnedby from Ikea that is what i have now since a couple of years.

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: March 13, 2021 18:00

[www.cjoint.com]
[www.cjoint.com]
It's only Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-13 22:06 by JMARCOU.

Date: March 16, 2021 12:33

Thank you so much everybody for your ideas and suggestions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home