Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones @ Inglewood, CA The Forum 2006-03-06 (FLAC)
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:27

Not one of the best recordings but out of 37 Rolling Stones shows I saw this is definitely in the top 5. Kind of a weird one, for as massive as this tour was, this was under promoted, under the radar and no hype whatsever. There was even a block of empty seats in the rear lower level. But they put on an amazing show and pulled out quite a few rarely played gems.

ROLLING STONES
INGLEWOOD,CA:FORUM
3/6/06

DSM6->PACLC-SONY PCM1
DA20->CDRW700->EAC->Soundforge->FLAC Frontend

01. -intro-
02. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
04. Oh No Not You Again
05. Sway
06. Far Away Eyes
07. Worried About You
08. Tumbling Dice
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Gimme Shelter
11. -band intros-
12. This Place Is Empty
13. Happy
14. Miss You
15. Rough Justice
16. Respectable
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Satisfaction

One of the best Stones shows I have ever seen, even though I almost to the ceiling. This is a new transfer (6/9/07) with the missing second of JJF restored and some of the pops on the left channel of the intro tape and JJF replaced from the right channel. Any previous version of this recording is now obsolete and should be replaced.

[we.tl]

also very active right now:

[ijwthstd.blogspot.com]

Re: Rolling Stones @ Inglewood, CA The Forum 2006-03-06 (FLAC)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:44

Thanks for sharing your recording here Dan!
Cool blog btw! Congrats!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:56

Many thanks Dan!
thumbs up

Posted by: ikikmanuel4 ()
Date: March 7, 2021 01:57

Thanks manthumbs up.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 7, 2021 02:50

smileys with beer

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: March 7, 2021 10:03

Thank you and great blog too.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: March 7, 2021 10:23

Thank You!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 7, 2021 10:44

THX

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: March 7, 2021 11:01

Thank You

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2021 11:03

Nice!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: March 8, 2021 20:47

Great show, up against the rail on the B stage. I seem to remember Mick joking that they had turned the LA Forum into a church before playing Far Away Eyes.

(This was before the renovation, when the Forum was rarely used, except for a weekly Sunday gospel service)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:09

Kennedy
Great show, up against the rail on the B stage. I seem to remember Mick joking that they had turned the LA Forum into a church before playing Far Away Eyes.

(This was before the renovation, when the Forum was rarely used, except for a weekly Sunday gospel service)

Nowadays I will go to almost anything here, it's just so nice inside and the sound is almost always good. The vibe is great and I enjoy myself just being inside regardless of the actual music (got stuck at a Pentatonix gig once to give you an idea)

I mean I can be halfway home from Staples on the bus while most people are stuck in the traffic near the venue but that place is just so awful. Unless I have Premiers but those are rarely worth the cost.

Up next at the blog I am looking thru the collection for more out of print Instant Live type releases but sometimes I do not feel comfortable putting the band name anywhere in the post, you just have to click the WeTransfer link to know what I am talking about.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: March 9, 2021 04:05

Dan
Kennedy

Nowadays I will go to almost anything here, it's just so nice inside and the sound is almost always good. The vibe is great and I enjoy myself just being inside regardless of the actual music (got stuck at a Pentatonix gig once to give you an idea)

I mean I can be halfway home from Staples on the bus while most people are stuck in the traffic near the venue but that place is just so awful. Unless I have Premiers but those are rarely worth the cost.

Up next at the blog I am looking thru the collection for more out of print Instant Live type releases but sometimes I do not feel comfortable putting the band name anywhere in the post, you just have to click the WeTransfer link to know what I am talking about.

Totally agree. Since the renovations, the Forum is the best venue in LA of that size. Love the atmosphere they created, and you can't beat the sound.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home