Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The Rolling Stones - Fully Finished Studio Outtakes
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:32

Some nuggets here, for sure, while others, like Every Time I Break Her Heart and Flip The Switch (baby, baby, ooooh, baby, baby) it's such a relief when it's over

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:59

gotdablouse
Dude please point out any MP3 artifacts you may have spotted then we'll talk about this being "sad but true", seriously guys...

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've have to listen to terrible sounding but "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to wine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can probably hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s so I know all about perceptual codes, artifacts, etc...

Tell you what, that's what "sad but true", on par IMHO with the "setlist whiners" possibly, who pretty soon now will have to find something else to whine about, oh wait...

Dude, so true.
It's funny (or annoying) to read the dime thread. 4 pages and almost all they do is complaining about these songs being lossy.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:28

wiredallnight
CaptainAcid
wiredallnight
CaptainAcid
Really sorry to bring the bad news, but there is not a single lossless track on this compilation. All of them are mp3 encoded eye rolling smiley

There is a simple solution for people who consider this bad news:
Go to the folder where you have saved the tracks, press Ctrl-A, then press Shift-Del and press Enter or Yes. All your lossy problems will be solved immediately!

Oh dear, i`m so sorry for hurting your feelings

What a nonsense, you're not hurting anything! I'm just laughing about this lossy/lossless bullsh!t. I'm just enjoying the new tracks! grinning smileygrinning smiley

Somehow i am not surprised at all someone like you is not able to detect irony.....so keep on laughing, they say it`s good for your health

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: March 6, 2021 11:51

For me, the elephant in the room now is:
how and when and where to find that CD-edition.

I don"t really get what "Rolling Stones fan club limited edition" means; I've seen post about it on Shidoobes FB-page magically & instantly 'disappear'; and I can't find any comments (apart from some tiny references) on IORR here either regarding the subject.

Yes I googled; sure I cruised eBay & the likes;
yep I did download, and right you are I'm enjoying the H*LL outta these tracks as we speak.

But as a 50+ hardcopy 'fetishist' I'd LOVE to add this little 3-CD baby to my very own 150+ RS 'boot' rack. smoking smiley

All info (thread posts over here ànd pm's equally welcome) on this would be very much appreciated.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 6, 2021 12:00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 21:30 by Irix.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: March 6, 2021 12:16

Irix
deeeskannnie

For me, the elephant in the room now is: how and when and where to find that CD-edition.

Maybe atsu-y from Hot Stuff Japan knows more - [Twitter.com] - [wwr6.ucom.ne.jp] - [6101.teacup.com] .

Thank you very much, Irix! thumbs up

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 6, 2021 14:28

gotdablouse
Dude please point out any MP3 artifacts you may have spotted then we'll talk about this being "sad but true", seriously guys...

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've had to listen to terrible sounding "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to whine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s when we discussed mp2, vqf, liquid audio (aac), etc...so I know more than I should about perceptual codecs, artifacts, etc...

Tell you what, that's what "sad but true", on par IMHO with the "setlist whiners" possibly, who pretty soon now will have to find something else to whine about, oh wait...

Hi Gotdablouse, your rant just reminded me why I stopped posting comments (and sharing valuable informations) on these forums. kowalski, member since 2008.

Date: March 6, 2021 14:33

kowalski
gotdablouse

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've had to listen to terrible sounding "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to whine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s when we discussed mp2, vqf, liquid audio (aac), etc...so I know more than I should about perceptual codecs, artifacts, etc...

Hi Gotdablouse, your rant just reminded me why I stopped posting comments (and sharing valuable informations) on these forums. kowalski, member since 2008.

@kowalsky exactly thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 17:33

kowalski
gotdablouse

Blah, blah, blah, you certainly hadn't been missed ! And your recent posts since you came out of under your rock make it obvious why.

Moving on to better things, FFSO Vol I-III have been added to "POST - Essential Studio Outtakes and Unreleased Tracks CDs" [iorr.org] as a non-expiring direct download

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 18:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 8, 2021 22:52

Is this the halfway correct chronological order? Please correct if necessary!

01 She's Doing Her Thing
02 Blood Red Wine
03 Curtis Meets Smokey
04 Tell Her How It Is
05 Walk With Me Wendy
06 Criss Cross
07 Too Many Cooks
08 It's Only Rock 'n Roll
09 Fast Talking Slow Walking
10 Living In The Heart Of Love
11 Scarlet
12 Built That Way
13 Covered In Bruises
14 Fiji Jim
15 Never Make You Cry
16 You Win Again
17 Every Time I Break Her Heart
18 Not The Way To Go
19 Trouble's A Coming
20 It's A Lie
21 Eliza Upchink
22 (You Better) Stop That
23 Cookin' Up
24 I Tried To Talk Her Into It
25 Keep It Cool
26 Can't Find Love
27 Still In Love
28 Part Of The Night
29 Dreams To Remember
30 Big Truff
31 Don't Lie To Me
32 Putty In Your Hands
33 I Can't See No One Else
34 Strictly Memphis
35 Deep Love
36 Nobody's Perfect
37 Giving It Up
38 Ivy League
39 Hands Off
40 20 Nil
41 Low Down
42 Flip The Switch
43 Dream About
44 Sanctuary
45 Desperate Man
46 Prairie Love
47 Might As Well Get Juiced
48 Too Tight
49 Extreme Western Grip
50 Well Well

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 15:54 by wiredallnight.

Date: March 8, 2021 23:13

Pretty close, check out the dates shown here [iorr.org] to reorder a couple, Walk with Me Wendy, Fast Talking, among others

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 9, 2021 07:39

I basically used this list (which is more updated now however). What's wrong with Fast Talking 1972?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 07:40 by wiredallnight.

Date: March 9, 2021 09:05

It's now known to be from 1974, I put a note over there too.

--------------

Date: March 9, 2021 13:45

deeeskannnie

For me, the elephant in the room now is: how and when and where to find that CD-edition.

3CD (from Italy, €44.90): [www.eBay.it] .

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: March 9, 2021 14:13

Irix
deeeskannnie

Maybe atsu-y from Hot Stuff Japan knows more - [Twitter.com] - [wwr6.ucom.ne.jp] - [6101.teacup.com] .

No, I don't know confused smiley

All I know is that it's NOT made in Japan.
Black Frisco is brother of well known label, CC.

Date: March 9, 2021 15:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-09 22:10 by Irix.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 9, 2021 17:25

What a joy to have these tracks.
I could care less they're MP3 sourced.
Might As Well Get Juiced is a standout. I can see why Keith wasn't pleased with the released version

Date: March 9, 2021 21:23

Irix
atsu69

All I know is that it's NOT made in Japan.

So this ominous Fan Club is a fake?

Backside-snippet of Postcards (Artworks & Inserts).

Hi Irix,

how do you think the bootlegger writes its name and address on back cover and postcards?
Of course, it's fake.

Tha picure of "Port Payé" you pasted shows the fact that the Japanese letters were auto-translated to Japanese, because it doesn't have meaning to us Japanese.

Once again, I don't have any information, but some people are sending me e-mails because of your post...sad smiley

Date: March 9, 2021 21:30

So, this ominous Japanese Fan Club in Tokyo seems to be a fake since Google finds nothing about it, except virtual offices at that address ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 19:55 by Irix.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 9, 2021 22:04

Erik_Snow
Some nuggets here, for sure, while others, like Every Time I Break Her Heart and Flip The Switch (baby, baby, ooooh, baby, baby) it's such a relief when it's over

Yeah, Erik simply tells us how it is!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 10, 2021 12:54

Part Of The Night, EAC Check from my silvers.
Is this Lossless or lossy?

[imgur.com]

Date: March 10, 2021 16:05

Use your ears ! Do you hear any MP3 artifacts like "swishing" on the cymbal sounds ? Yes ? It's a crap 128kbps MP3 ! No ? Stop worrying for nothing and enjoy the music !

--------------

Date: March 10, 2021 16:05

Irix
(I've removed my initial posts).

Thank you kindlysmileys with beer

Date: March 10, 2021 16:35

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-10 17:21 by CaptainAcid.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 10, 2021 16:39

On Rocksoff.org I read "we have a 320 kbps mp3 version - thanks 3ddie. Link available until 13th March"

[rocksoff.org]

Don't know if these actually are 320 mp3.

I downloaded the new files and indeed the file seem to be larger (Nobody is perfect is 5.021 in the old DL and 9.776 in the new one).

C

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 10, 2021 18:41

if they were converted from the 160kb mp3s ripped from the cds, then any improvement will be imaginary despite the increased file size. If they were ripped from the CDs, no matter the source for the CDs, then we are talking improvement over the original 160s mp3s.

Again, the devil is in the details.

jb

Date: March 10, 2021 19:15

What's the point of downloading MP3s provided by a third party when you can download the FLACs that were kindly ripped and shared by Werther2003 a week ago. Once you know you have the best available quality and if you need to compress them for transfer to a phone (there are apps that play FLACs of course) you can always experiment and convert them to MP3 at CBR 320/256/192 or VBR 192/162 (like the original "lossy" leak) and decide if you can hear a difference or not. I would be surprised if you do as countless double-blind studies have shown that (practically) no one can hear the difference between a WAV/FLAC and a 320kbps MP3.

--------------

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:43

gotdablouse
Use your ears ! Do you hear any MP3 artifacts like "swishing" on the cymbal sounds ? Yes ? It's a crap 128kbps MP3 ! No ? Stop worrying for nothing and enjoy the music !

It was a simple question because I saw and see reactions from lossy and lossless, there is nothing wrong with that, except for you I think. Where do I claim that I don't enjoy Fully Finished Studio Outtakes?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 10, 2021 20:59

UrbanSteel
gotdablouse

It was a simple question because I saw and see reactions from lossy and lossless, there is nothing wrong with that, except for you I think. Where do I claim that I don't enjoy Fully Finished Studio Outtakes?

thumbs up

How many times how are we going to hear that MP3 propaganda from the very same one?

Date: March 10, 2021 23:25

What "propaganda" ?! Just a simple discussion, read the above and add your comments if you don't agree instead of using big words that have no place here. This whole lossless/lossy debate is wasting everyone's time and fun. As a result we have people wandering if the CD they're listening to is lossless or lossy, very, very silly. But hey, your problem not mine, knock yourself out !

--------------

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home