Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The Rolling Stones - Fully Finished Studio Outtakes
Posted by: DocAndCat ()
Date: March 5, 2021 08:23

Thanks

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 5, 2021 08:48

thanks very Much Werther thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: March 5, 2021 09:35

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 09:54

Thanks a lot! Cant wait for my copy to arrive

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: March 5, 2021 12:43

The reason why I am so impressed with this is that many takes of the sound source that I have listened to so far are arranged with vocals, and the mix is properly mastered from the multi-track tape in a form that is extremely close to completion. It's overwhelming because it has the highest quality sound with a ring. I think the longer you have been in contact with bootlegs, the more impressed you are. I am experiencing the greatest impact.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 5, 2021 12:59

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Posted by: iom ()
Date: March 5, 2021 13:29

gimme_shelter
[we.tl]

in FLAC

thanx

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 5, 2021 14:33

Dreams to Remember. WWWOOOOOWWWWWW. THOSE VOCALS. JAGGER AT HIS PERFECT BEST

Rod

Date: March 5, 2021 15:16

Giving it Up coulda shoulda been a HUGE hit. This IS The Stones owning that genre

Rod

Date: March 5, 2021 15:39

Troubles a Coming has a Miss Judy’s Farm by The Faces vibe. No?

Rod

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: March 5, 2021 15:57

Many, many thanks

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: March 5, 2021 16:25

Thank You

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 5, 2021 18:19

Really sorry to bring the bad news, but there is not a single lossless track on this compilation. All of them are mp3 encoded eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 5, 2021 18:36

The real bad news is the bitrate seems quite low as you can ‘hear’ that it’s mp3. If they’d released it in 320 it’d be far less noticeable. Still, only place to hear them for now!

Date: March 5, 2021 18:41

Munichhilton
The real bad news is the bitrate seems quite low as you can ‘hear’ that it’s mp3. If they’d released it in 320 it’d be far less noticeable. Still, only place to hear them for now!

All true, G

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 5, 2021 20:21

volume 2 track 7 a new version of Keep it cool spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 5, 2021 21:39

CaptainAcid
Really sorry to bring the bad news, but there is not a single lossless track on this compilation. All of them are mp3 encoded eye rolling smiley

So what’s the bad news? Most people can’t hear any difference anyway.
Tell you what, people getting anal about ‘coventry 71’ not being in flac while it is unlistenable one way or another are kinda laughable.
This compilation sounds ultrafine for a bootleg. But I am pretty sure we get 24 different versions of it, remastered/remixed/reshuffled/reorganized/upcoded/downgraded.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: March 5, 2021 22:19

CaptainAcid

Sad but true
Thank you for warning

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 5, 2021 22:42

StoneZP
CaptainAcid

Sad but true
Thank you for warning

Sad but true: why?

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 5, 2021 22:43

CaptainAcid

There is a simple solution for people who consider this bad news:
Go to the folder where you have saved the tracks, press Ctrl-A, then press Shift-Del and press Enter or Yes. All your lossy problems will be solved immediately!

Date: March 5, 2021 23:23

wiredallnight
CaptainAcid

Go to the folder where you have saved the tracks, press Ctrl-A, then press Shift-Del and press Enter or Yes. All your lossy problems will be solved immediately!

Oh dear, i`m so sorry for hurting your feelings

Date: March 5, 2021 23:34

CaptainAcid
wiredallnight
CaptainAcid

Dont worry im happy with this boot i`m not hurt and dont consider this bad news.
but we all prefer the best sound possible and available, am i wrong?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 6, 2021 00:26

Dude please point out any MP3 artifacts you may have spotted then we'll talk about this being "sad but true", seriously guys...

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've had to listen to terrible sounding "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to whine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s when we discussed mp2, vqf, liquid audio (aac), etc...so I know more than I should about perceptual codecs, artifacts, etc...

Tell you what, that's what "sad but true", on par IMHO with the "setlist whiners" possibly, who pretty soon now will have to find something else to whine about, oh wait...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-06 11:30 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: March 6, 2021 01:00

gotdablouse
Dude please point out any MP3 artifacts you may have spotted then we'll talk about this being "sad but true", seriously guys...

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've have to listen to terrible sounding but "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to wine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can probably hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s so I know all about perceptual codes, artifacts, etc...

Tell you what, that's what "sad but true", on par IMHO with the "setlist whiners" possibly, who pretty soon now will have to find something else to whine about, oh wait...

smileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: March 6, 2021 01:14

gotdablouse

Isn't it ironic that for decades we've have to listen to terrible sounding but "LOSSLESS" cassette dubs at the 8th generation with people being congratulated here because they mastered the art of speed correcting and now we're getting the BIGGEST BATCH of mostly unknown finished songs for any artist ever (lucky it's our favorite band isn't it!) in absolutely pristine quality (only bettered by the Voodoo Series...maybe) and some twisted minds have to find something to wine about because some dude who pops up once in a blue moon ran the files through a "lossless checker" and nearly topped himself when he saw the frequencies cut out above 16khz, frequencies that no one can probably hear anyway. And yes I spent more time than I should have in the MP3.com forums in the late 90s so I know all about perceptual codes, artifacts, etc...

I know you didn’t understand the meaning of “sad but true”. it is a way to let off steam and wish that if possible, something even better appears for everyone's pleasure.
I never complained about anything posted here and I always thank the uploaders for their generosity. I never really understood why people transfigure and complain so much or feel the need to make other people silly.

Posted by: anco ()
Date: March 6, 2021 02:22

thank you very much!!

Date: March 6, 2021 04:06

gotdablouse

Spot on post! I JUST love the fact we have these in eminently listenable, clean, clear, mixed format of ANY description.

I ain’t no audiophile, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have been turned on by The Stones in the first place!!!

Rod

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: March 6, 2021 09:18

Many Thanks!

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:03

It makes for me no different between mp3 and flac. The human ear can't identify the difference.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 6, 2021 10:25

CaptainAcid
wiredallnight
CaptainAcid

Oh my I am f*cking 62 years old now and I cannot even hear 12 kHz and above anymore so I don't give a sh!t if the files are lossy and the frequencies drop at 15 kHz or somewhere around there. I simply do not hear that anymore and I am happy with it grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-08 00:08 by wiredallnight.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home