Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: can't wait?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 18, 2021 09:27

kowalski
gotdablouse
kowalski
gotdablouse
"actually" ?

Actually like in for real.

Again, not saying they're not worth listening. Just pointing the lossy source.

Again, if you have any specific/typical "128kbps MP3 artifacts" to point out, feel free. In the meantime it's not "actually", it's "allegedly".

Definitely actually winking smiley

And yes, these tracks sound like low/average bitrate mp3's. That's how I noticed in the first place their likely mp3 source. By actually listening to them. Running them through an audio editor only confirmed my suspicions.

What part of

Again, if you have any specific/typical "128kbps MP3 artifacts" to point out, feel free. In the meantime it's not "actually", it's "allegedly".

don't you understand? Look up "mp3 artifacts" if you need to.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 09:33 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 23:44

JN99
Neither link working for me, anywhere to get this currently?

Found em!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2021 00:45

JN99
JN99

Neither link working for me, anywhere to get this currently?

Found em!

Here: [iorr.org] , [www.Guitars101.com] - both FLAC, CD-Rip.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 19, 2021 06:36

gotdablouse
kowalski
gotdablouse
kowalski
gotdablouse
"actually" ?

Actually like in for real.

Again, not saying they're not worth listening. Just pointing the lossy source.

Definitely actually winking smiley

And yes, these tracks sound like low/average bitrate mp3's. That's how I noticed in the first place their likely mp3 source. By actually listening to them. Running them through an audio editor only confirmed my suspicions.

What part of

don't you understand? Look up "mp3 artifacts" if you need to.

If you mean artifacts like metallic ringing or graininess, they're all here. The hollowness and the lack of precision typical of a low bitrate mp3 are also present. These files have obvioulsy every feature of low bitrate mp3.

Date: March 19, 2021 15:55

Low bitrate MP3s have obvious artifacts, not some vague "metallic ringing or graininess" but since you've been unable to point out anything specific that would spoil any normal person's listening experience it's obviously not worth wasting more time on your comments. Best for you to go back to Qobuz and I'll go back to updating the "Essential Boots" while listening to the now hissless "Red Blood Wine".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 15:58 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 19, 2021 21:07

You must mean lossyhissless winking smiley

Great threads about the bootlegs btw Really helpful. Good work thumbs up

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 19, 2021 21:44

What is wrong with kowalski pointing out that it is mp3? It is. Upcoverted or whatever to flac, but it sound good and it is great to hear, but He can make this point, why not, why make it personal, it is not black or white. Why not enjoy the music

You can still enjoy the music mp3 or not , it's the music, and that is great to hear.

Date: March 19, 2021 22:38

Barbabang, don't get his point neither... But never mind the spilled tea... As you say, let's enjoy the music. That's all that matters.

Date: March 19, 2021 22:42

barbabang
What is wrong with kowalski pointing out that it is mp3? It is. Upcoverted or whatever to flac, but it sound good and it is great to hear, but He can make this point, why not, why make it personal, it is not black or white. Why not enjoy the music

You can still enjoy the music mp3 or not , it's the music, and that is great to hear.

"obviously low bitrate MP3s" is what's "wrong" because low bitrate MP3s sound like crap and have obvious and annoying artifacts that spoil the listening, like swishing on the drums, none of which have been pointed out, just alleged. But again, enough time wasted on this.

--------------

Date: March 19, 2021 22:54

gotdablouse, come on, because we don't hear things the same way doesn't mean we can't share the love for our favorite band. Didn't think my mp3 remark would go that far smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2021 06:19

If anybody wants to enjoy the mp3s...

This Wetransfer link will be up for a week.

[we.tl]

New bootleg
Posted by: PittsburghJoe ()
Date: March 31, 2021 05:38

Does anyone know where to go to download this?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 31, 2021 05:57

Hey Joe, try the post right before yours.

you're welcome
jb

Re: New bootleg
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2021 17:25

PittsburghJoe

Does anyone know where to go to download this?

Or here in FLAC - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 15, 2023 23:53

Munichhilton
dcba
Munichhilton
The lead guitar in Built That Way is not a stone...
Imo the remark also goes for Walk With Me Wendy.
Could it be from one of the guitarists they auditioned after MT left?

Could be but I can’t place the style. It’s not Wayne or Beck...and Clapton couldn’t have played that...it’s a definite puzzle

100% Taylor and Richards on Walk With Me Wendy. Could have been the same session as Travelin Man or Potted Shrimp, which sounds like its cousin. Richards solos on Wendy.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home