Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 27, 2021 10:28

EMOTIONAL RESCUE sessions

PART III: The other tracks from the January/February 1979 sessions:
Volume 6:

32 – LET’S GO STEADY AGAIN
61a - Let’s Go Steady Again #1 (2’49) (DAC 159) - a James A. Alexander song with Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals (a/k/a « Let’s Go Steady »)
61b - Let’s Go Steady Again #1 (2’50) (reworked) mix DAC (right channel) & ACT (left channel) accelerated by 1,045%, sound amplified, slight noise reduction, +20% to the right channel
62a - Let’s Go Steady Again #2 (2’51) (IU) - Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals, alternate mix of #1
62b - Let’s Go Steady Again #2 (2’51) (reworked) decelerated by -0,18% and amplified

33 – LINDA LU
63a1 - Linda Lu (4’24) (I U) - a Ray Sharpe song (a/k/a «Linda Lou») same take as 64a2 with better speed but incomplete (long fade in/out)
64a2 - Linda Lu (4’35) (DAC 103) - same take, more complete then 64a1
64b21 - Linda Lu (4’43) (reworked) DAC version decelerated by -2,825% to be synchronized with IU version
64b2a - Linda Lu (4’24) (reworked) mix of IU (right channel) and DAC 103 (left channel) after deceleration by -2,825%
Note: the IU and GS 5 version are better but the DAC is more complete so, here, unusually I propose the 2 versions.

34 – LONELY AT THE TOP
65a - Lonely At The Top (4’43) (GS 5)
65b - Lonely At The Top (4’43) (reworked) a default at 7seconds restored, channels rebalancing (+10% for the right channel)
65c - Lonely At The Top (4’45) (reworked) mix of GS 5 (right channel) and DAC (left channel) after decelerating by -2%

35 – MUNICH HILTON
66a - Munich Hilton #6 (7’22) (DAC 096) - version with vocals
66b - Munich Hilton #6 (7’22) (reworked) mix of DAC 096 (right channel) and RYF (on the left) accelerated by +0,548%
Note: Munich Hilton #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (see FP #082)

36 – NEVER TOO INTO
67a - Never Too Into (5’09) (DAC 105)
67b - Never Too Into (5’09) (reworked) channel rebalanced

37 – PIANO INSTRUMENTAL
68a - Piano instrumental (4’47) (DAC 104) - a/k/a «Feel No Pain No More»
68b - Piano instrumental (4’48) (reworked)

38 – RECONSIDER BABY/SWEET HOME CHICAGO
69a - Reconsider Baby/Sweet Home Chicago (4’49) (DAC 096) - a mix of Robert Johnson and Lowell Fulson songs
69b - Reconsider Baby/Sweet Home Chicago (4’50) (reworked)

39 – STILL IN LOVE
70a - Still In Love #1 (1’43) (DAC 021) - with falsetto vocals
70b - Still In Love #1 (1’43) (reworked)
Notes:
- Still In Love #2: KR instrumental version (March 1981- Eldorado Recording Studio)
- Still In Love #3, 4 & 5 See FP 066 (Undercover Sessions)

40 – WHAT’S THE MATTER
71a - What’s The Matter (4’31) (DAC 096)
71b - What’s The Matter (4’33) (reworked)

Posted by StonyRoad in 2021 on IORR: [iorr.org]
link valid until 03/02/21
[we.tl]
Vol 07 on friday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: The EMOTIONAL RESCUE SESSIONS - Vol 06 (FP 091)
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: January 27, 2021 11:01

Thanks for your great work!

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: January 27, 2021 11:26

Thank You

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: January 27, 2021 11:53

Thanks Again Norbert

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: January 27, 2021 11:59

Thank You

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: January 27, 2021 12:03

Many thanks again. Superb.

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: January 27, 2021 12:33

Thank you for Vol.6, I was looking forward to it this time. That's because I've been plagued by the confusion of "Let's Go Steady". First of all, regarding the description of Nico, maybe the "with three guitars" Mix, which is the feature of # 2, does not exist? And isn't "Let's Go Steady", which is generally distributed now, the same as the one in 61a, although there is a difference in sound quality? I made a guess.
(I'm sorry for my personal impression, but I felt that IMP-N-004 Static In The Attic was the best material.) Well, although the source of the sound source is unknown, rskinno's Box Sets: Rework Emotional Rescue & "Let's Go Steady" was also featured in Tattoo You Sessions, and I posted a link, but CD2-16 here seems to be a mix that can not be heard anywhere else. Of note is the previous Track CD2-15, which sounds like monaural processing with only 16 Rchs extracted, but Keith's solo singing. (Although it may have been processed as mentioned above, I think that Kristi's Vo, which is completely separated from Keith on CD2-16 into Lch, can only be heard in this mix.) A big thank you to Norbert.
ETCD2-16 [mega.nz]

Date: January 27, 2021 12:35

ETCD2-15
[mega.nz]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 27, 2021 13:41

Also available in Stonesvault here [iorr.org]

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: January 27, 2021 14:11

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: January 27, 2021 14:50

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Date: January 27, 2021 16:04

okenny
Thank you for Vol.6, I was looking forward to it this time. That's because I've been plagued by the confusion of "Let's Go Steady". First of all, regarding the description of Nico, maybe the "with three guitars" Mix, which is the feature of # 2, does not exist? And isn't "Let's Go Steady", which is generally distributed now, the same as the one in 61a, although there is a difference in sound quality? I made a guess.
(I'm sorry for my personal impression, but I felt that IMP-N-004 Static In The Attic was the best material.) Well, although the source of the sound source is unknown, rskinno's Box Sets: Rework Emotional Rescue & "Let's Go Steady" was also featured in Tattoo You Sessions, and I posted a link, but CD2-16 here seems to be a mix that can not be heard anywhere else. Of note is the previous Track CD2-15, which sounds like monaural processing with only 16 Rchs extracted, but Keith's solo singing. (Although it may have been processed as mentioned above, I think that Kristi's Vo, which is completely separated from Keith on CD2-16 into Lch, can only be heard in this mix.) A big thank you to Norbert.
ETCD2-16 [mega.nz]
Hi Okenny,
I hope I understand well (my english is appropximative)
The track called ETCD2 - 16 it's interesting and I agree it's a different mix.
I can perhaps added it in the last volume as a kind of 'bonus' but I like to do it starting by the original version: can you tell me where you find it ?
(I will not use version coming from rskinno because they're sometimes his own creations).
About "Static..." if I remember well it was a little saturated or lossy (?) this is probably why I don't keep it (sorry I don't remember, I do this in December) what's sure is that I compar it with the DAC that, for me, was better.
When you speack from "Tattoo You Sessions "are you speacking from the "T.Y. Sessions Revisited" (by Rebel Yell?)
thanks to let me know
Norbert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-27 16:06 by StonyRoad.

Posted by: Wolfgang ()
Date: January 27, 2021 17:41

MANY thanks for all this great work.
I like all this stuff - complete and all together ;-)
Great!
btw: the drums at the reworked (mixed)version of Munich Hilton sound a bit strange from about the middle (like 2 different versions ? )
Any way again ..MANY THANKS

Date: January 27, 2021 18:05

StonyRoad
okenny
ETCD2-16 [mega.nz]
Hi Okenny,
I hope I understand well (my english is appropximative)
The track called ETCD2 - 16 it's interesting and I agree it's a different mix.
I can perhaps added it in the last volume as a kind of 'bonus' but I like to do it starting by the original version: can you tell me where you find it ?
(I will not use version coming from rskinno because they're sometimes his own creations).
About "Static..." if I remember well it was a little saturated or lossy (?) this is probably why I don't keep it (sorry I don't remember, I do this in December) what's sure is that I compar it with the DAC that, for me, was better.
When you speack from "Tattoo You Sessions "are you speacking from the "T.Y. Sessions Revisited" (by Rebel Yell?)
thanks to let me know
Norbert

Dear okenny & StonyRoad please forgive me, if you think that I am totally wrong with my meaning about the 'Let's Go Steady' versions, that you kindly posted here.
I was always looking for a second version of 'Let's Go Steady' too and so I checked your files. IMO we have this:

ETCD2-15: LGS mono, KR on vocals, no backing vocals
I think, this is 2 times the right channel of ETCD2-16 (The left channel shines slightly through, you can hear that 5 seconds after the beginning of the song)
IMO, this is only the right channel of ETCD2-16 and no new version. ***

ETCD2-16: LGS stereo, KR on vocals, Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals only on left audio channel.
IMO 'Let's Go Steady - version #1'

61b : LGS stereo, KR on vocals, Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals on both audio channels
IMO 'Let's Go Steady - version #2'

62b : IMO the same as 61b, but l & r channels swapped

I know, too many cooks will spoil the soup, so I say sorry in advance, if you think I'm wrong.

*** Addendum: I compared the waveform and the spectogram of ETCD-15 and the right channel of ETCD2-16, they are absolutely identical. The mono version seems to be a "self-made" version from Box 12...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-27 18:43 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: January 27, 2021 18:10

I think, this is 2 times the right channel of ETCD2-16 (The left channel shines slightly through, you can hear that 5 seconds after the beginning of the song)
IMO, this is only the right channel of ETCD2-16 and no new version.

ETCD2-16: LGS stereo, KR on vocals, Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals only on left audio channel.

61b : LGS stereo, KR on vocals, Kristi Kimsey on backing vocals on both audio channels

I know, too many cooks will spoil the soup, so I say sorry in advance, if you think I'm wrong.[/quote]
I will check tis analysis in the next hours/days (?)
A question stayed: where can I find the "original" ETCD2 - 16 please ?

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: January 27, 2021 18:18

Thanks!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: January 27, 2021 18:19

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: January 27, 2021 18:22

StonyRoad

I think, they are from rskinno's "Box 12 - Emotional Rescue & Tattoo You Sessions", cd 2, tracks 15 and 16, but maybe okenny has got another source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-27 18:22 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: Heartbreaker 69 ()
Date: January 27, 2021 18:56

Brilliant as usual.Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 27, 2021 19:35

Thank you

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: January 27, 2021 20:31

Thank you

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 27, 2021 23:55

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Date: January 27, 2021 23:59

hi okenny
...First of all, regarding the description of Nico, maybe the "with three guitars" Mix, which is the feature of # 2, does not exist? ....

thanks to a friend I have the solution and will added the good version #2 as bonus with the last volume!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-28 00:01 by StonyRoad.

Posted by: finn ()
Date: January 28, 2021 01:12

Thank You Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: January 28, 2021 01:22

Thank you.

Date: January 28, 2021 03:37

StonyRoad
IMO, this is only the right channel of ETCD2-16 and no new version.

I know, too many cooks will spoil the soup, so I say sorry in advance, if you think I'm wrong.
I'm sorry, I've been looking for silver as the source of RSKinno Box since then, but I still couldn't find it. IORR <Label Publisher "RSKinno Box" <RSKinno Box 12 Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You Session Vol. Two --10 CD Box.
I have no choice but to ask him where the sound source comes from.

Date: January 28, 2021 03:41

BlueTurns2Grey
StonyRoad

I think, they are from rskinno's "Box 12 - Emotional Rescue & Tattoo You Sessions", cd 2, tracks 15 and 16, but maybe okenny has got another source.
I don't have one. It's just an excerpt from Rskinno's box.

Date: January 28, 2021 03:43

StonyRoad
hi okenny
...First of all, regarding the description of Nico, maybe the "with three guitars" Mix, which is the feature of # 2, does not exist? ....

thanks to a friend I have the solution and will added the good version #2 as bonus with the last volume!
Thank you.

Posted by: toomanycds ()
Date: January 28, 2021 05:08

Many thanks for all your work on this fine series documenting the albums.

Date: January 28, 2021 12:38

okenny
StonyRoad
hi okenny

Thank you.
the original version appears on the EVSD 203/206 devoted to the New Barabarians "Barb Wired Tour Vol 2" as a bonus at end of the box (cd n°4, track 7)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home