Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Black and Blue with rare cover
Posted by: Simon51 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 01:11

Black and Blue, rare Dutch cover. Due to a factory error, the inside of the cover is that of an LP by the Dutch singer Conny Vandenbos.

Re: Black and Blue with rare cover
Date: January 28, 2021 00:41

The cover is NOT a fake one, NO iron and NO glue. It's a mis-print of mis-assembly. Well, you don't have to believe it, that's all up to you.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 28, 2021 06:09

I owned a printing company for many years. I wish I kept waste sheets from some of the CD packaging we printed. I'd have made more money. Large lithographic printing presses use from 100 to 800 sheets of paper to set them up and get the inks consistent and the color matching what it should. To save money and reduce physical waste, printers will use previously printed waste paper from other runs to partially set of the new run. In the 70s, presses wasted more paper. All that waste paper needs to be separated from the 10s of thousands of good sheets that were printed, before the albums get mounted and cut....but it sounds like someone got lazy at the printer and sheets destined for other customers made it into the Stones pile.

Posted by: ziggenpuss ()
Date: January 28, 2021 17:56

Believe it or not, I have a Black and Blue NL EMI pressing 1A 062 63187 and the inside Foc photo is the one from Still Life! Bought this myself in a record store in Germany in the eighties.

Date: January 29, 2021 00:55

Well, it's for sale.

Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: February 1, 2021 15:54

I own a CD copy of Rush's Permanent Waves,
well I thought I did, it is printed Permanent Waves on the CD itself, booklet is Rush's but it turns out that the content on the CD is Kiss Smashes, Thrashes & Hits

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: February 2, 2021 02:02

ziggenpuss
Believe it or not, I have a Black and Blue NL EMI pressing 1A 062 63187 and the inside Foc photo is the one from Still Life! Bought this myself in a record store in Germany in the eighties.

Conny Vandenbos and his ironing board strike again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home