Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Grrr: Super Deluxe - To buy or not to buy
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 4, 2021 02:18

I am on the fence and about to pull the trigger on Grrr Super Deluxe. I already have everything on it except for the 7". I have the IBC Demos on a bootleg.

So I'd be buying it for...

The 7"
The IBC Demos (how cleaned up are they? Do they really sound that much better than bootlegs?)
The book (how good is the book?)

I never would have bought this probably, but with things locked down I find myself feeling weak.

Do I need to be talked off of the ledge or do I do it? Realizing of course that the only one who can truly answer that question is me.

Re: Grrr: Super Deluxe - To buy or not to buy
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 4, 2021 02:23

I bought this a few years back on sale. IBC demos sound terrible, you can hear needle drop! The bootleg versions I have sound better.
Haven't played the 7 inch since I had all those previously and now they're on the BBC CD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 4, 2021 02:26

I bought it during a major price drop/clearance sale on Amazon back in 2015 for less than $50, and even that seems a bit overpriced.
In hindsight, no regrets, but in reality an unnecessary addition to my collection. It's massive and takes up more space than it deserves.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2021 02:30

....stop monkeying around .... just buy it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 4, 2021 02:36

Ha, I do feel like I'm monkeying around, Rockman.

But, the IBC demos are a needle drop? Yikes.

And I guess if the 7" is just part of the BBC release, I have that.

Man, maybe it comes down to the book! cool smiley

Date: January 4, 2021 02:42

Wonder how many of the Grrr Super Deluxe were released.
Never see it around in second hand record shops ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 4, 2021 04:03

As a completist I buy everything! Someday you will regret it if you don’t get it.

Date: January 4, 2021 04:25

.....there ya go flood .... just get it

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 4, 2021 05:53

floodonthepage
Ha, I do feel like I'm monkeying around, Rockman.

But, the IBC demos are a needle drop? Yikes.

And I guess if the 7" is just part of the BBC release, I have that.

Man, maybe it comes down to the book! cool smiley

Book is nothing special, hardcover, heavy, one pic per page! As others mentioned above, if you're a completeist, get it!
I still can't believe the IBC CD. That is what I was looking forward to listening, hoping it sounded better than the bootleg versions I have, which sound decent.

Date: January 4, 2021 06:40

Rockman
.....there ya go flood .... just get it

thumbs up

Thanks for the support, my fellow obsessed fans.

Date: January 4, 2021 07:16

.... pleasure .... call us anytime ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 4, 2021 07:53

I own it, it’s underwhelming

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 4, 2021 13:11

floodonthepage
I am on the fence and about to pull the trigger on Grrr Super Deluxe. I already have everything on it except for the 7". I have the IBC Demos on a bootleg.

So I'd be buying it for...

The 7"
The IBC Demos (how cleaned up are they? Do they really sound that much better than bootlegs?)
The book (how good is the book?)

I never would have bought this probably, but with things locked down I find myself feeling weak.

Do I need to be talked off of the ledge or do I do it? Realizing of course that the only one who can truly answer that question is me.

it's simple a matter of pricing. If you can get it for $20, buy it. If you have to pay $100, forget it

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 4, 2021 14:37

....bad book...beautiful 45...4 interesting CDs compilation...!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 4, 2021 15:28

Got it from amazon.de on pre-order in 2012 for 46€ (including S&H) due to pricing error. Gave as a present to a friend. Had a listening party with him and run through the content. Can't say it was anything special, apart of coffee table size.

Post-DECCA period tracks brickwalled to death (2009 remaster was used). IBC demos sound like an old bootleg if not worth. Hardly those are ear candy. BBC EP was known from earlier bootlegs and does not sound much better too. Book is virtually empty, like one picture of a MJ pants (or memorabilia) per one page. Posters are posters...

In the given case big size and lots of extras does not mean big pleasure.

I would second slewan - if you can get it cheap, head for it. But do not shell out more than $30-$40.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 4, 2021 17:33

That period brings back so many happy Stones memories that I had to get it...second-hand in 2014. It is indeed HUGE and has been appropriately placed in a corner of my home office ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 4, 2021 17:57

Without mentioning what others have said i wanted to add that i found the box too big and couldn't place it with other vinyl and box set.

I wish they would have made it a 12" x 12" box set so i could put it next to my other collections. Instead i had to hide it under my printer stand.

Same could be said about the Some Girls Bx Set too large to fit with other collection BUT at least this box was great with agood book.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home