Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones - MSG 1969 First Night_AcidProject_059
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 27, 2020 15:16

Even though I was a little young at the time and would not discover and/or be into the Stones until around Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street, I love anything and everything about the 69 tour! Even after subsequent tours, I always seem to come back to it-even more so than their much touted '72-'73 tour.

By the time the Stones hit the east coast on the '69 tour, they got their chops down. After first listening to various boots of what is available from the MSG 69 shows- particularly the first night of 11/27/69, of which this ACID Project #59 showcases here, I am going out on a limb and stating that the official release of Ya Yas should have utilized Midnight Rambler from this show instead of the next day's 11/28 show. I think it is a little looser, menacing, and the first half-in particular kicks ass. Dare I say it, after many, many listens of the "official" Midnight Rambler on Ya Yas and Hot Rocks- yes it is a great take, "by-the-numbers", and perfectly baked -I get why they chose this version- but I would scrap it in a minute to hear an excellent professional, soundboard Rambler from the 11/27/69's show.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-28 19:30 by Sighunt.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: December 28, 2020 14:09

Thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 28, 2020 17:22

Thanks Falo, Captain Acid and Mr. D!
What a beautiful team!
smileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2020 18:51

Quique-stone
Thanks Falo, Captain Acid and Mr. D!
What a beautiful team!

It's not a team it's a family! And they make beautiful children! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RiRiIII ()
Date: December 28, 2020 20:43

Many thanks.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: December 30, 2020 22:57

Any chance of a we transfer file?
Thanks again

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: December 31, 2020 12:36

Thanks a lot, great work!

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: January 1, 2021 10:48

deardoctortake1
Any chance of a we transfer file?
Thanks again

[we.tl]

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: January 1, 2021 17:15

Thanks!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 3, 2021 15:03

thank you !!!!!!!!!!! this is the best xma.i've been waiting for this matris..

never gonna play my ya ya more...
thumbs up

Date: January 4, 2021 18:42

can't find Roll Over Beethoven In Germany

Acid Project Vol. 23 berlin & essen 1970

only find berlin in my hd

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: January 5, 2021 15:41

vancouver
can't find Roll Over Beethoven In Germany

Acid Project Vol. 23 berlin & essen 1970

only find berlin in my hd

it should be here:

[iorr.org]

Date: January 5, 2021 18:27

found it thank you

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 5, 2021 19:49

Sighunt
Even though I was a little young at the time and would not discover and/or be into the Stones until around Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street, I love anything and everything about the 69 tour! Even after subsequent tours, I always seem to come back to it-even more so than their much touted '72-'73 tour.

By the time the Stones hit the east coast on the '69 tour, they got their chops down. After first listening to various boots of what is available from the MSG 69 shows- particularly the first night of 11/27/69, of which this ACID Project #59 showcases here, I am going out on a limb and stating that the official release of Ya Yas should have utilized Midnight Rambler from this show instead of the next day's 11/28 show. I think it is a little looser, menacing, and the first half-in particular kicks ass. Dare I say it, after many, many listens of the "official" Midnight Rambler on Ya Yas and Hot Rocks- yes it is a great take, "by-the-numbers", and perfectly baked -I get why they chose this version- but I would scrap it in a minute to hear an excellent professional, soundboard Rambler from the 11/27/69's show.

I really like hearing opinions about performances, here, makes me even more attention when listening to something, doesn't matter if I agree or disagree. But I do agree with dcba, that 11/27/69 might not be as powerful as the 2nd day in MSG (not to mention Boston or Livermore!) - but from track to track, it varies

This is an explendid listen, this Falo matrix. I was surprised, after the "ABKCO youtube release" last year, that I really didn't like this show, as much as I did with the audience capture. It's so dry. This matrix makes it for me.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 5, 2021 23:10

Erik_Snow
Sighunt

I really like hearing opinions about performances, here, makes me even more attention when listening to something, doesn't matter if I agree or disagree. But I do agree with dcba, that 11/27/69 might not be as powerful as the 2nd day in MSG (not to mention Boston or Livermore!) - but from track to track, it varies

This is an explendid listen, this Falo matrix. I was surprised, after the "ABKCO youtube release" last year, that I really didn't like this show, as much as I did with the audience capture. It's so dry. This matrix makes it for me.

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: January 8, 2021 07:16

Thank you!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 5, 2021 17:47

This project might turn up on DAC-207 disc #01 soon!?

[www.crazymama-web.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 5, 2021 17:53

Disc II "borrows" the very nice upgrade of the TOTP'71 material provided by BlueTurns2Grey. The good is it will be speed corrected (me I love that version of WH with a few extra guitar licks by Keith on the playback tape) thumbs up

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 5, 2021 18:20

Mucho thanks

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: August 5, 2021 18:34

dcba
Disc II "borrows" the very nice upgrade of the TOTP'71 material provided by BlueTurns2Grey. The good is it will be speed corrected (me I love that version of WH with a few extra guitar licks by Keith on the playback tape) thumbs up

Thanks for your Info. I also posted dehissed and speed corrected versions of Wild Horses and Bitch from the TOTP Shows in April 1971. If someone missed them, here a re-upload: [www.filefactory.com] I used a 24 bit tape transfer for the corrections, to keep the best possible quality for these tracks.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 5, 2021 20:22

Thank you!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 5, 2021 22:23

BlueTurns2Grey
I also posted dehissed and speed corrected versions of Wild Horses and Bitch from the TOTP Shows in April 1971. If someone missed them, here a re-upload: [www.filefactory.com] I used a 24 bit tape transfer for the corrections, to keep the best possible quality for these tracks.

Thank you

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 18, 2021 20:56

Also availabel in Stonesvault

APCD 059 1969 MSG First Night AcidProject
[www.filefactory.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home