Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Black & Blue outtakes question
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 7, 2020 16:44

gotdablouse
There is only source really apart from the horrible "Rotterdam Mobile Truck Mailbox"recordings, it's the cassette that French journalist Daniel Merveille "got" from Keith during an interview for Best magazine. It will never be upgraded ;-)

I think the cassette you're talking about is the 14 songs cassette.

(not sure to have the right words in english)

Concerning the circulating tape with the heavy hiss between songs it is because this cassette was copied with a "grand public" low quality cassette recorder with "automatic level recording". This is the circulating cassette, with a very low quality "Hot Stuff"(mono - only Keith channel), heavy sound problems on "Memory Motel" and "Worried about you". THIS CASSETTE COPY gave birth to "Reggae'n'Roll", and all subsequent bootlegs, includind DAC-088. There was so much channel sound problems, so "Triumvirat - Reggae'n'roll" used only one channel of WAY / MM / ILTL.

Anyway this Daniel Vermeille tape have been copied in better (but not perfect) quality without "automatic level recording".

I have a 2nd generation tape from DV tape.

I am allowed to post "Hot Stuff" only, sorry.

You can listen and decide if it is an upgrade or not.

[we.tl]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2020 17:59

Whoa thank you LAHP!

I also remember fondly the vinyl rip of 74-75 tracks you shared here a few years ago! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-08 11:59 by dcba.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: November 7, 2020 18:54

thanks very much LIHP, this could be a great source to work on, and i could free it from mud. It`s a shame that you can`t share the whole tape.

Like i did with Hot Stuff from "Ship Dip Blues"

....if you want, check it out here

[we.tl]

Date: November 7, 2020 20:29

CaptainAcid
thanks very much LIHP, this could be a great source to work on, and i could free it from mud. It`s a shame that you can`t share the whole tape.

Like i did with Hot Stuff from "Ship Dip Blues"

....if you want, check it out here

[we.tl]

I don't hear any difference in YOUR "remaster" of Hot Stuff DAC-104 and the original Hot Stuff DAC-104. Both sound very metallic and lifeless to me.

Maybe my ears. I made an ear test last year, I'm 59 years old, and can't hear anything above 14 000 Hz.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 8, 2020 11:57

Thanks LAHP, that "Hot Stuff" is something else compared to the version of DAC-088 ! Not sure why these tapes are still "embargoed" 45 years down the road but you gotta respect it. Hopefully we'll get to hear "I Love Ladies" or "Let's Do It Right" in such quality one day !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: November 9, 2020 15:23

CaptainAcid
wiredallnight
5 tracks in good quality: [we.tl]
I LOve Ladies complete (6:14): [we.tl]

thanks wiredallnight, gonna check it out, can you tell me what is the source bootleg for those?
I felt that the 5Track "I LOve Ladies" sounded better than the "I LOve Ladies Complete", so I made a connection from around 3:24. Since it was simply edited, the sound quality and volume have not been modified.
Thanks to wiredallnight.

01 I Love Ladies edit long.flac
[mega.nz]

Date: November 9, 2020 22:04

CaptainAcid
i will soon share an upgrade on my 3 CD version of Black And Blue sessions - "Smack And Blow". It`s the best sound you will find those outtakes, although those are not from "low generation", some are pretty good, some no so much. But it is what`s been around so far.

If you want to upgrade : The best transfer from the classic circulating 14 songs tape was made on CD by IMP, a japanese label (not to be confused with the original american Vicky Vinyl's IMP label).
HS & ILTL are not included on this IMP-005 CD, but it is is the best release to date, as far as I know. The 12 songs included have a far better sound than DAC, Mayflower, Rebel Yell Factory and others.

wiredallnight
DAC-088 Munichland Melodies is the best what is around.

I don't agree.

okenny
The recently uploaded rskinno's "Box 10 --Black And Blue Sessions" CD1 contained a low-generation sound source that I had never heard before. I haven't listened to it in detail yet.

RSkinno is a crook. Give him a 30 second recording, he is able to make a 3 minutes song out of it. Remember his "Hang Fire" instrumental. And don't forget In Your Hand (5'40), Christine (7'09) - Forty (8'33) - Keep It Cool (27'05) - "Miss You" (instrumental) (6'14) / Disco Musik (10'52) / also Sheep Deep Blues and others.

I'll post the IMP-005, maybe next dayt. My internet connection do not work fine today (WeTransfer says 7 hours to upload 460 MO ?). I will try again tomorrow.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: November 9, 2020 23:14

LiveAtHidepark

If you want to upgrade : The best transfer from the classic circulating 14 songs tape was made on CD by IMP, a japanese label (not to be confused with the original american Vicky Vinyl's IMP label).
HS & ILTL are not included on this IMP-005 CD, but it is is the best release to date, as far as I know. The 12 songs included have a far better sound than DAC, Mayflower, Rebel Yell Factory and others.

I'll post the IMP-005, maybe next dayt. My internet connection do not work fine today (WeTransfer says 7 hours to upload 460 MO ?). I will try again tomorrow.
let me help you out here

[wetransfer.com]

Date: November 10, 2020 00:53

Thanks Dorn.

Date: November 10, 2020 00:57

rskinno's "Some of the things I found to sound good in Box 10 came from" Static In The Attic IMP-N-004 ", and I compared it to my IMP" B & B Sessions ". However, "Session Tape" sounds better. I tried to fix it excessively and it wasn't very successful.

Date: November 10, 2020 19:02

okenny
rskinno's "Some of the things I found to sound good in Box 10 came from" Static In The Attic IMP-N-004 ", and I compared it to my IMP" B & B Sessions ". However, "Session Tape" sounds better. I tried to fix it excessively and it wasn't very successful.

I kinda agree with you that sessions tape 74-75 is the best we have so far. I am working on those tapes now, i found a way to "decompress it", sort of. This is still work in progress but you can check here "Cherry Oh Baby" from session tape 74-75

[we.tl]

Date: November 10, 2020 19:07

LiveAtHidepark
CaptainAcid
i will soon share an upgrade on my 3 CD version of Black And Blue sessions - "Smack And Blow". It`s the best sound you will find those outtakes, although those are not from "low generation", some are pretty good, some no so much. But it is what`s been around so far.

Thanks for trying to help LiveAtHidePark, i have that one somewhere, but will check it again.....oh, by the way i`m also 59 smileys with beer

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 10, 2020 20:39

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-10 20:40 by mariano.

Date: November 10, 2020 21:55

CaptainAcid

Thanks for trying to help LiveAtHidePark, i have that one somewhere, but will check it again.....oh, by the way i`m also 59 smileys with beer

i've sent a private message to your mail adress.

Date: November 11, 2020 02:03

CaptainAcid
okenny

I kinda agree with you that sessions tape 74-75 is the best we have so far. I am working on those tapes now, i found a way to "decompress it", sort of. This is still work in progress but you can check here "Cherry Oh Baby" from session tape 74-75

[we.tl]
Thank you. I listened to it immediately. After all, the key is to remove the white noise extended by the compressor. Regarding "BB Tape", I'm actually more concerned about slow speed than white noise.
I'm looking forward to the work of putting together the "black and blue session".

Date: November 11, 2020 04:33

BLACK & BLUE SESSIONS
IDOL MIND PRODUCTIONS [IMP-CD 005]
Released 1992

Now that "B & B Tape" exists, this IMP board is not very valuable, but when it was released, it was evaluated as better than the analog ripping one. The speed is fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-11 14:42 by okenny.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 11, 2020 11:57

Is this the same IMP CD that Dorn posted a few days ago?

okenny
BLACK & BLUE SESSIONS
IDOL MIND PRODUCTIONS [IMP-CD 005]
Released 1992

Now that "B & B Tape" exists, this IMP board is not very valuable, but when it was released, it was evaluated as better than the analog ripping one. The speed is fast.

[mega.nz]

Date: November 11, 2020 14:36

I missed Dron's post, it's the same as IMP-CD005.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home